[REL: 02/08][APP] xCharge Reboot Options {NO LONGER SUPPORTED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shedrule

Apr 28, 2011
One of the things I like is the instant resets I've tried most on the market and you are just as quick long press on the power button. Will this reset only work on a rooted X10 with xrecovery?

Sent from my ARC using XDA Premium App

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
One of the things I like is the instant resets I've tried most on the market and you are just as quick long press on the power button. Will this reset only work on a rooted X10 with xrecovery?

Sent from my ARC using XDA Premium App

i am sorry i dont quite follow wht u mean by reset? do u mean REBOOT?

and yes this app requires ROOTED device and working recovery (xRecovery / FreeXperia recovery)

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ RELEASE ]

[27/May/2011] Xperia Reboot Options v1.0.3 released!

[ NOTES ]

1. v1.0.3
    • added compatibility for some X10 mini pro users with flag "/data/local/tmp/xrecovery"
    • added compatibility for Flashtool v0.2.8 users with flag "/data/local/tmp/flashtool"
    • added a different 'toolbox' file for x8 (may be MSM7227 in general) compatibility
      • x10 toolbox MD5HASH: 7fdead031ce8fa58f62f0a82b7fc04cd
      • x8 toolbox MD5HASH: 37f736805ccadebe984ef7a383d52e46
    • changed "power off" command to: "su -c '<extractpath>/toolbox reboot -p'"
    • did some major code cleanup

2. please uninstall previous version & remove widget from homescreen before flashing this one...

Downloads at Post #2 @ Xperia Reboot Options

DID IT WORK ON THE ROM U CURRENTLY HAVE?
PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE NEW "POWER-OFF" FEATURE

Thank you!!!!

Reactions: colossus

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ RELEASE ]

[12/June/2011] Xperia Reboot Options v1.1.0 released!

[ NOTES ]

1. v1.1.0
    • major release
    • app/widget can now be installed independently, no need to flash thru recovery
    • installer script integrated into app
    • added su/busybox/recovery checks at startup
    • added compatibility for various recovery flags

2. please uninstall previous version & remove widget from homescreen before flashing this one...

3. since this is the FIRST independent APP release (no need to flash via recovery) I highly recommend that u take a FULL NANDROID/RECOVERY backup before installing/testing this app

PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE LATEST VERSION v1.1.0

Thank you!!!!

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ RELEASE ]

[14/June/2011] Xperia Reboot Options v1.2.0 released!

[ SCREENSHOT ]

xperiarebootoptionsv120.png

[ NOTES ]

1. v1.2.0
    • major release (GFX & App Drawer)
    • added nice GFX thanks to lzyllp
    • finally the app is "visible" in APP Drawer ;)
    • added About App menu

3. I highly recommend that u take a FULL NANDROID/RECOVERY backup before installing/testing this app

Now that the app is fairly complete and independently working, Donations are welcome!!!

if u feel that this app has helped u OR u think that the work i, along with others, put into making this app is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE LATEST VERSION v1.2.0

Thank you!!!!

P.S.: may be we can now release it on Android Market???

Reactions: Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos

Jan 30, 2011
V1.2.0 works on Wolf's v7.1 rom running 3.52 custom kernel. I flashed the v3 zip and worked like a charm. Thanks again Doom. btw any suggestions on how to make a widget for this and where is the app? I can't find it for some reason.

Edit: Found the app. Can't believe I missed it. :D:D:D I don't know what possessed me to follow the old link but I ended up using the v3 zip and creating the shortcuts manually with gscript. That also works just to let everyone know. Then I found the v1.2.0 app which also works like a champ.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ RELEASE ]

[26/June/2011] Xperia Reboot Options v1.3.0 (UNIVERSAL) released!

[ SCREENSHOT ]

TOO MANY NEW SCREENSHOTS CHECK FIRST POST OF APP THREAD

[ NOTES ]

1. v1.3.0 (UNIVERSAL)
    • MAJOR release
    • UNIFIED VERSION FOR ALL XPERIA ANDROIDS! (XPERIA 2010 & 2011 LINEUP)
    • added device detection
    • some reboot options are device specific so depending on your device model u will see those specific ones
    • replaced "touch" command with "busybox touch"
    • added About App screen
    • added content to Help screen
    • added reboot into fastboot mode (for Arc/Play/Neo ONLY)
    • removed onSelect TOAST commands
    • removed "confirm on exit" message
  2. Please uninstall older versions of this app before installing this one

Now that the app is fairly complete and independently working, Donations are welcome!!!

if u feel that this app has helped u OR u think that the work i, along with others, put into making this app is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

Downloads at Post #2 of APP thread

PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS VERSION

icon8.gif

ENJOY!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lockon Stratos

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
Installed on Ericks ewjet sony style 2.1 (released earlier today, very latest release). Device not detected as xperia at first but continued anyway selecting device as x10. I tried reboot into recovery but again just a normal reboot (I'm using latest Z Kernal, not altinitive version for random reboots). I uninstalled previous version and allowed SU permission twice.

Also reboot into fastboot was shown as an option, i believe this should be just for 2011 models.

Sent from my X10x using XDA Premium App

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Installed on Ericks ewjet sony style 2.1 (released earlier today, very latest release). Device not detected as xperia at first but continued anyway selecting device as x10. I tried reboot into recovery but again just a normal reboot (I'm using latest Z Kernal, not altinitive version for random reboots). I uninstalled previous version and allowed SU permission twice.

Also reboot into fastboot was shown as an option, i believe this should be just for 2011 models.

If u can post the logcat it can be helpful...

Also if "reboot into fastboot mode" was shown then the universal reboot into recovery command was called which wont work on xperia 2010 lineup... uninstall app and install it again to get device selection screen back... be sure that u select Xperia X10 as ur device model...

sent from x10 CM7 (FreeXperia Project)

Last edited:

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
If u can post the logcat it can be helpful...

Sure, kind of forgotten I was meant to try and get that log file for you. Am not at work tomorrow so hopefully shouldn't be too much trouble. Sorry man

Edit,

Remind me in 12 hours incase it slips my mind but will my best to remember

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ INTRO ]

this is a small PC based package to get logcat of my app

[ DOWNLOAD ]

get_xperia_reboot_options_logcat.zip

[ HOW TO USE? ]

1. download the above file and extract it to some location

2. connect ur Phone (via USB cable) to PC (make sure that u have adb drivers installed, if u have used adb/flashtool any time before then they will be installed)

3. execute the runme.bat file

4. a small window will pop up:

98559666.jpg

5. now use the app and select which ever option u having problem with

6. once device powers off/reboots u will get the following window (saying that log capture is DONE):

12769042.jpg

7. now close the window (by pressing enter/space bar)
    the log file will be called log.txt and will be in same folder as runme.bat file

8. now please upload this file while posting issues/bug reports

THANK YOU for using our APP!!!

Attachments

• get_xperia_reboot_options_logcat.zip
    799.9 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: The Gingerbread Man

Crocodile1973

Jan 7, 2011
Please post logcat.... I have made a lot of effort into dumping tons of info/error messages to logcat... please attach it along with your post...

solved:- Not your new build, poor eyes on my side, initial start up with model screen, i just selected with out looking. But with trips arc rom, it identifies it as an ARC. So once i selected to change it to X10 it worked.

Lockon Stratos

Jan 30, 2011
V1.3.0 app worked fine on WBs TW 007.1 ROM running zkernel22062011 on bb67. Reboot, power off & reboot to xrec all worked perfectly. Thanks again to everyone involved in developing this app.

Reactions: DooMLoRD

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
[ INTRO ]

this is a small PC based package to get logcat of my app

[ DOWNLOAD ]

get_xperia_reboot_options_logcat.zip

[ HOW TO USE? ]

1. download the above file and extract it to some location

2. connect ur Phone (via USB cable) to PC (make sure that u have adb drivers installed, if u have used adb/flashtool any time before then they will be installed)

3. execute the runme.bat file

4. a small window will pop up:

98559666.jpg

5. now use the app and select which ever option u having problem with

6. once device powers off/reboots u will get the following window (saying that log capture is DONE):

12769042.jpg

7. now close the window (by pressing enter/space bar)
    the log file will be called log.txt and will be in same folder as runme.bat file

8. now please upload this file while posting issues/bug reports

THANK YOU for using our APP!!!

Iv just tried this and it never seems to finish and reach the point where its supposted to finish. Just gets stuck on 'processing'. Iv tried several times and its creating a log.txt but is an empty file? Disconnecting usb and reconnecting after reboot after leaving for a good five mins doesnt help.

Just to be clear im doing this right cos you never know i might be being a idiot here...

1 Connect usb to phone and pc
2 open and run the runme
3 open widget/app
4 hit reboot to recovery
5 allow phone to reboot
6 runme should then say finished and then post the log.text

step 6 just isnt happening here for me. running ericks ewjet 2.1 'sony style' with latest Z kernal inculded in the rom and kernal tweak pckage by erick using a crappy windows xp sp3 pc. Real sorry doom, really was hoping to get this file for you now iv actually had a few mins to try :-(

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
After running v1.3 since it came out I can report the same as quoted from lockon stratos...same kernel, same baseband, all working fine.

I have not tried it on the 2.1 dualboot yet as I have not seen the recommendation to do do yet..but if you think its ok I well test it there as well

V1.3.0 app worked fine on WBs TW 007.1 ROM running zkernel22062011 on bb67. Reboot, power off & reboot to xrec all worked perfectly. Thanks again to everyone involved in developing this app.

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
After running v1.3 since it came out I can report the same as quoted from lockon stratos...same kernel, same baseband, all working fine.

I have not tried it on the 2.1 dualboot yet as I have not seen the recommendation to do do yet..but if you think its ok I well test it there as well

DONT TRY IT ON THE dualboot 2.1 rdannar one posted by me (for baseband 2.0.52)... u will get stuck in recovery (thats wht happened to me)...

thats wht i corrected in the EWJET 2.1 dualboot rom (bb 2.1.xx)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I was able to get a script (now an APP) together to reboot into recovery (xRecovery / FreeXperia Recovery) from within the OS.

firstly i would like to thank Bin4ry & Androxyde for the FlashTool and the option to "reboot into xrecovery from flashtool" as this mod/script is based on that..
    and tremendouz and wiedz for inspiration...

DO NOT TRY THIS IF U USE DATA2SD... THIS CANNOT WORK, FOR NOW, ALONG WITH DATA2SD...

new features include:
    1. cleaner layout
    2. new UI
    3. working themes!
    4. and u will be entitled to future upgrades :D

Screenshots:

On X10:

xcharge14x10.png

On Xperia 2011 / Other Androids:

xcharge14sgs2.png

if u like the app please buy the paid app to support our work :)

P.S.: Older versions are available in 2nd post and will be kept for XDA users... :)

FOR OLDER VERSIONS (which will be kept FREE) please refer to this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1085896

<OLD FILES | For Reference ONLY>
    [Universal] for ALL ROMs / ALL Xperia Android devices with any Recovery

[*] THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL [*]

This should work on ALL ROMs and ALL Xperia Android devices (X10, X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro) and ANY RECOVERY (xRecovery / FreeXperia)

PLEASE MAKE A FULL XRECOVERY/NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TRYING ANY SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS LIKE THIS

Additionally please make certain that u can use flashtool to flash a stock FW incase u run into any problems and that the device is fairly charged >50% battery before trying this.

the attached file is an update.zip flashable thru xRecovery/Recovery

this contains GScript Lite, and it gets installed as a system app... so if u
    already have it installed, i recommend u uninstall it before flashing this...

it contains 3 scripts:
    • add-on_installer.sh
    • add-on_uninstaller.sh
    • reboot_recovery.sh

they will be put on the /sdcard/gscript/ folder automatically so that gscript lite can immediately find it...

Installation Steps:

[1] flash update.zip thru xRecovery/Recovery

[2] to install add-on: just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select add-on_installer.sh all the contents will load automatically... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked)... now save and run this script ONLY ONCE... there might be a popup for SU permissions, select "Allow"... u will see the outputs of each step in the installation process...

[3] to use the reboot option/script: just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select reboot_recovery.sh all the contents will load automatically... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked)... now save... u can now create a shortcut on the homescreen to GScipt Lite and select the reboot_recovery script... if u try running the script a popup for SU permissions might come up, this will only come the first time its run, select "Allow" and then ur device will reboot into recovery...

thats it! now whenever u want to reboot into recovery just launch the shortcut!!!

To Uninstall Add-on:
    just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select add-on_uninstaller.sh all the contents will load automatically... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked)... now save and run this script ONLY ONCE... there might be a popup for SU permissions, select "Allow"... u will see the outputs of each step in the installation process...

if u have any problems please put up a post here

What this script does? [for the enthusiastic types ;) ]
    1. It remounts system & data partition for modification
    2. It backs up the current chargemon file to /system/bin/chargemon.ori
    3. Works on a temporary copy of chargemon file @ /data/local/tmp/chargemon.tmp
    4. Then it inserts the modifications into the /data/local/tmp/chargemon.tmp file for checking reboot file and some more modifications
    5. Once all modifications are done it copies the /data/local/tmp/chargemon.tmp file back to /system/bin/chargemon
    6. The backup chargemon file is stored @ /system/bin/chargemon.ori for the uninstaller script
    7. The uninstaller script deletes /system/bin/chargemon file and renames /system/bin/chargemon.ori to /system/bin/chargemon

[APP | WIDGET] >>> xCharge - SE Reboot Options for Xperia <<<

use the latest file v3: reboot_into_rec_univ_xperia_v3.zip
    [2.2] ROMs based on FreeX10-beta4

PLEASE MAKE A FULL XRECOVERY/NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TRYING ANY SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS LIKE THIS

Additionally please make certain that u can use flashtool to flash a stock FW incase u run into any problems and that the device is fairly charged >50% battery before trying this.

use the attached file ONLY if the existing chargemon file in /system/bin/ is as follows:

Code:
    #!/system/bin/busybox sh

cat /dev/input/event2 > /dev/keycheck&
    	sleep 3
    	kill -9 $!
    	if [ -s /dev/keycheck ]
    	then

# remount rootfs rw
    	mount -o remount,rw rootfs /

# Umount MTDs
    	umount -l /data
    	umount -l /cache

# Extract recovery
    	cd /
    	rm -r /sbin
    	rm -f etc
    	tar -xf /system/bin/xrecovery.tar

# Umount system
    	umount -l /system

chroot / /init

fi

/system/bin/charger

# remount rw
    	mount -o remount,rw rootfs /

cd /
    	rm -r /sdcard
    	rm init*
    	rm logo.rle
    	rm default.prop
    	tar -xf /system/bin/ramdisk.tar

# zdzihu: hack-fix
    	if [ -e /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db ]; then
    	/system/bin/chroot / /init
    	exit
    	fi

chroot / /init

[Thank you JimmyX10 for helping out with testing this]

the attached file is an update.zip flashable thru xrec

also this contains the modded chargemon file based on freex10-beta4... i yet have to incorporate the suggestions by Androxyde

this contains GScript Lite, and it gets installed as a system app... so if u already have it installed, i recommend u uninstall it before flashing this...

also this file contains the required reboot_xrecovery.sh script... it will be put on the /sdcard/gscript/ folder automatically so that gscript lite can immediately find it... once u reboot back into system after flashing just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select reboot_xrecovery.sh all the contents will load automatically...

* some custom roms are not permitting reboot command if SU rights are not there... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked) else the device wont be able to reboot from the script... *

u can now create a shortcut on the homescreen to GScipt Lite and select the reboot into xrecovery script.

if u try running the script a popup for SU permissions might come up, this will only come the first time its run, select "Allow" and then ur device will reboot into xrecovery...

thats it! now whenever u want to reboot into xrecovery just launch the shortcut!!!

if u are using a different 2.2 rom and/or the chargemon file is different than the one shown here please post it here along with the details of the rom u using and i will try n put up a compatible version for u..
    And the app is released to market!!!

we are finally ready with a new version and its directly released to market!!!

get it here:

xCharge Reboot Options [a.k.a. Xperia Reboot Options]

xchargemarket.qrcode

its a paid app for 2$

new features include:
    1. cleaner layout
    2. new UI
    3. working themes!
    4. and u will be entitled to future upgrades :D

Screenshots:

On X10:

xcharge14x10.png

On Xperia 2011 / Other Androids:

xcharge14sgs2.png

if u like the app please buy the paid app to support our work :)

P.S.: the older versions v1.3.0 & below will NOT be removed! they will still be kept available for XDA users for free :)
    sweet, any idea if its going to be able to be completely universal or need radio buttons or something to choose various scenarios ? something a little like in the attached pic.

should be a sweet/handy app when its ready.

I'm looking forward to it :)

ya we are trying to make it universal (for all Xperia, android devices which use the boothijack file /system/bin/chargemon)

right now we are calling it "SE Xperia Reboot Options" (may change)

as for various scenarios we have the following options:
    • Device
    • Recovery
    • Custom BootKit
    the the button can be "Reboot"/"Go"

it will have both an app drawer application as well as a widget...

we are also thinking of adding an option to install/uninstall the chargemon add-on (i.e. the app will itself modify the chargemon file, so the user need not use any other update.zips)