Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader

Search This thread

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THIS DOCUMENT WAS TESTED ON MY PHONE.

After playing with my Mate I found a way to unlock the locked bootloader. If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash custom kernel , recovery to your phone.
The files used to unlock the bootloader is from P6 KitKat firmware. These two files are for efi and fastboot partition. Flashing only these partitions can avoid problems with mismatching modem firmware. The process was tested on official B221 firmware , but should work with any firmware. Reflashing a stock firmware(as I know there are only firmwares for Mate only with locked bootloader) with dload will relock the bootloader.
Unlocking process need proper adb and fastboot drivers installed. I use this driver :Huawei handset drivers for windows

Guide in pdf format

If your adb and fastboot drivers are correct you can start unlocking the bootloader.
If you want to unlock the bootloader and install Twrp recovery use this package :Bootloader unlock with TWRP install
Bootloader unlock with TWRP install mirror

This way powering on your phone with volume up button hold TWRP recovery comes up instead of stock 3e recovery. If you want to use the dload method to install a stock rom you have to restore the stock recovery.
Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery
Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery mirror
The other package just unlocks the bootloader .Bootloader unlock.
Bootloader unlock mirror.
Turn on USB debugging on your phone (settings->developer settings)
Start the package.
File extraction starts.
Command prompt window should appear.
Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
Efi partition is flashed.
Fastboot partition is flashed.
Your bootloader state is displayed. (should say bootloader unlocked)
Your phone restart in normal mode.

This is what the packages do :
.\adb wait-for-device
.\adb reboot bootloader
.\fastboot flash efi efi.img
.\fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
.\fastboot reboot-bootloader
timeout 2
.\fastboot oem get-bootinfo
timeout 10

If it says your bootloader is still locked you can try the following:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If you want to restore stock rom and recovery here are the packages.
Recovery restore package for B221
Recovery restore package for B907

These packages restores the original efi and fastboot partition and then restores the stock recovery. These packages do the opposite as the unlock bootloader , however my phone stayed unlocked. Also this package solves the problem when the stock recovery stuck at the begining when trying to flash a stock rom using dload method.

WARNING:If you plan to flash a rom not made for Mate , always check that it does not overwrite other partitions then boot, system, data, cust. If the install package reflash the modem do not install it as it can hard brick your device.
For updated versions of permanent TWRP recovery check my thread here
Thanks to surdu_petru for the initial device tree to compile twrp.

Attachments

• IMG_20140207_205258.jpg
    IMG_20140207_205258.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 7,218
  • IMG_20140208_233020.jpg
    IMG_20140208_233020.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 6,424
Last edited:

svvv

Oct 11, 2008
Chennai
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THIS DOCUMENT WAS TESTED ON MY PHONE.

After playing with my Mate I found a way to unlock the locked bootloader. If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash custom kernel , recovery to your phone.
The files used to unlock the bootloader is from P6 KitKat firmware. These two files are for efi and fastboot partition. Flashing only these partitions can avoid problems with mismatching modem firmware. The process was tested on official B221 firmware , but should work with any firmware. Reflashing a stock firmware(as I know there are only firmwares for Mate only with locked bootloader) with dload will relock the bootloader.
Unlocking process need proper adb and fastboot drivers installed. I use this driver :Huawei handset drivers for windows
Guide in pdf format

If your adb and fastboot drivers are correct you can start unlocking the bootloader.
If you want to unlock the bootloader and install Twrp recovery use this package :Bootloader unlock with TWRP install
This way powering on your phone with volume up button hold TWRP recovery comes up instead of stock 3e recovery. If you want to use the dload method to install a stock rom you have to restore the stock recovery.
Start the package.
File extraction starts.

.\adb wait-for-device
.\adb reboot bootloader
timeout 2
timeout 10

Thanks joe....atlast bootloader unlocked..

One more thing i installed Fly UI OS from p6 and replaced with stock HAM boot.img....OS is not booting properly getting lots of FC's...
Does CM10.1 require different kernel or do we need to change any setting?

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks joe....atlast bootloader unlocked..

One more thing i installed Fly UI OS from p6 and replaced with stock HAM boot.img....OS is not booting properly getting lots of FC's...
Does CM10.1 require different kernel or do we need to change any setting?

CM 10.1 may need some change in kernel or/and its config. Init.rc files needs modifications (framework , init.d support) , and it can happen that the init binary need some mods in cm source for proper working.For example wifi firmware path as on g510 . The standard cm init uses 2 firmware path , while the g510 init uses 4 to properly load wifi firmware files.You can check it on my github.
I am planning to compile a cm rom for our device , but the bootloader was the first step.

Reactions: emanweee and svvv

ErSergi

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks! ;) ...While this method works to unlock bootloader in B907 HAM??? I think I'll try

Last edited:

huggy_72

Aug 29, 2008
Bologna
Unlocked on B907 ;) it was only a problem , the bat don't find the extracted folder on %temp% but it was there .....I was running adb cmd inside temp folder. Work perfect . THANKS
IT'S DAY ZERO FOR OWR DEVICE

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI MT1-U06 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: syaah and ErSergi

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
Now this is a great Birthday present for me..:):)
HAM Finally can be UNLOCKED.

i havent try yet but just wanna ask few questions.

1. Since now i'm using Hyd52Rom from Husen, can HAM be Unlocked with this Rom running?
2. Whats the best choice of current rom running for Unlocking?

maybe its sound stupid but its me (non-devs brain and only a user who dare to test..:eek:)...

Thanks guys.

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
You can unlock your phone using any rom. The only thing is needed turned on usb debugging. Of course the drivers on your pc should be installed .
After unlock check my other thread and update your permanent twrp to 2.6.3.2.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

husen4u

Feb 17, 2012
Kuwait
HAM finally unlocked.
Looking forward for testing Compatible Roms.
Any suggestions highly appreciatable.

Thinking of trying P6 roms but not sure if theyre compatible

T28@HAM

I think every p6 JB ROM will compitable just you have to change dpi in build.prop

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

87insane

Feb 6, 2009
Hi @ all,

it's all progressing really well in recent times :)
Can i use this method only for HAM or can i use this for my P6 also?

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
Hi @ all,

it's all progressing really well in recent times :)
Can i use this method only for HAM or can i use this for my P6 also?

It should work on P6 too , but for P6 there are stock roms with unlocked bootloader.(KK beta).
If you want to use it on your P6 , use unlock bootloader only , and flash permanent twrp made for P6.
Of course permanent twrp for Mate will work on P6 as well , but the device identifier will be hwmt1_u06 and not hwp6_u06 which can cause assert errors when you try to flash a recovery flashable P6 rom .

87insane

Feb 6, 2009
I know. But i search for a way to use this on B125 international. In the CN it is to easy :p

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P6-U06

huggy_72

Aug 29, 2008
Bologna
Hi,
I can't flash [ROM][JB4.2.2][HAM][ HYD52ROM V5] [Superfast,Stable][V5 7-02-14]
from TWRP 2.6.3.2 . Everythings go right but on reboot the device never end logo.
I need to relock bottloader and start again whit dload. I have tryed flashing same zip from tmp recovery on locked and everything is working. i will to know if is a rom problem or twrp or unlocked bootloader.Also i have try buckup from HYD52ROM V5 whit twpr 2.6.3.2 and restore rom, after a factory reset, but was a id mismatching and no user app.
I will try to unlock and no permanent twpr, but use a cwm tmp whats happen. i will report

Edit: whit unlocked bootloader and tmp twrp
2.6.3.0 from sordu_petru recovery flash of same zip ad no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: shawshank61

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Guide in pdf format

Bootloader unlock with TWRP install mirror

Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery mirror
    Bootloader unlock mirror.
    Start the package.
    File extraction starts.

.\adb wait-for-device
    .\adb reboot bootloader
    timeout 2
    timeout 10

If it says your bootloader is still locked you can try the following:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If you want to restore stock rom and recovery here are the packages.
    Recovery restore package for B221
    Recovery restore package for B907

These packages restores the original efi and fastboot partition and then restores the stock recovery. These packages do the opposite as the unlock bootloader , however my phone stayed unlocked. Also this package solves the problem when the stock recovery stuck at the begining when trying to flash a stock rom using dload method.

WARNING:If you plan to flash a rom not made for Mate , always check that it does not overwrite other partitions then boot, system, data, cust. If the install package reflash the modem do not install it as it can hard brick your device.
    For updated versions of permanent TWRP recovery check my thread here
    HAM finally unlocked.
    Looking forward for testing Compatible Roms.
    Any suggestions highly appreciatable.

Thinking of trying P6 roms but not sure if theyre compatible

T28@HAM

I think every p6 JB ROM will compitable just you have to change dpi in build.prop

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
    unlocked bootloader will be easier to carry kitkat HAM??

Yes, KitKat will be more easily to port on HAM !
    You can unlock your phone using any rom. The only thing is needed turned on usb debugging. Of course the drivers on your pc should be installed .
    After unlock check my other thread and update your permanent twrp to 2.6.3.2.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app
    Hi, all the links in the main page are broken.
    Could someone fix them? Thanks

https://mega.co.nz/#F!H4l3kCbI!kuokaILcD9KJSK9TS_VMxw

This is my old MT1-U06 stuff. Still working but no longer maintained. Hope this helps.