[APP] Semaphore Script Manager v0.75

Search This thread

HM.Carbide

Nov 29, 2010
:) Don't get me wrong :)
I belive (still testing battery) that it saves battery.
BUT
When I reset all scripts to kernel default (via SEMAPHORE 0.62) I can select in SetCPU 3 options - smartassv2, ondemand and performance. I run CONSERVATIVE script - and I have 4 options in SetCPU - conservative, smartassv2, ondemand, performance. Again - I run save battery script in Semaphore - and still only 4 options in SetCPU. Shouldn't be here 5 options ???
OR MAYBE....
Choosing Battery Save script just changes settings for conservative without adding 5ts opion ???

Yes exactly, there are only properties set, that the conservative governor is even more battery efficient.

As semaphore kernel is very modular, governors are only loaded, if needed.
If they are not needed anymore, they are unloaded.
Except SmartassV2, as it has a bug. Unloading it would cause a reboot. So I decided simply to NOT unload it, once it was used.

That is the reason, why you can see only ondemand, performance on default in setcpu.
You'll see smartassv2, ondemand, performance once you used smartass, and the conservative governor only if you are just yet using conservative or savebattery setting.

Last edited:

Romu313

Dec 3, 2011
Hello, I am French thus to excuse my English
Here is my problem, since the version Semaphore 1.9.0, in the party Miscellaneous, the options bustles but does not mark it??
With terminal to emulator, I have to type "ls -l /sdcard/SemaphoreScripts" and he answers me " no such file or directory "
Thus if somebody would have an idea??

Last edited:

HM.Carbide

Nov 29, 2010
Hello, I am French thus to excuse my English
Here is my problem, since the version Semaphore 1.9.0, in the party Miscellaneous, the options bustles but does not mark it??
With terminal to emulator, I have to type "ls -l /sdcard/SemaphoreScripts" and he answers me " no such file or directory "
Thus if somebody would have an idea??

Scripts in Miscellaneous section are only executed, but not copied to init.d. That is the behaviour it should be.
So detection to mark the options is not possible.
To be clear:
The selection of features only shows, that the script was copied to init.d. Try to delete a script in init.d and then open the app, the feature will be deselected, or the kernel default option will be selected.
So scripts in Misc section are not copied to init.d => no feature is selected. Thats it.

So don't be worried about that. If you see the toast message, the script was executed.
All scripts in misc section are utility scripts to solve a problem, or to test something. So no need and no support for a complex detection logic.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Romu313

Dec 3, 2011
Scripts in Miscellaneous section are only executed, but not copied to init.d. That is the behaviour it should be.
So detection to mark the options is not possible.
To be clear:
The selection of features only shows, that the script was copied to init.d. Try to delete a script in init.d and then open the app, the feature will be deselected, or the kernel default option will be selected.
So scripts in Misc section are not copied to init.d => no feature is selected. Thats it.

So don't be worried about that. If you see the toast message, the script was executed.
All scripts in misc section are utility scripts to solve a problem, or to test something. So no need and no support for a complex detection logic.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Thus it is normal that the options of Misc is not selected in the script by the symbol V ??

dazthamaz

Jul 19, 2011
MAN, thank you for this awesome piece of app!
Semaphore wouldn't be so attractive without it!

/Dz

johan8

Nov 16, 2010
I'm very DISLIKE this kernel force re-install su , semaphore.apk

What if I updated su but you still haven't update the kernel ?

HM.Carbide

Nov 29, 2010
I'm very DISLIKE this kernel force re-install su , semaphore.apk

What if I updated su but you still haven't update the kernel ?

This is not caused by Semaphore.apk.

Anyway, I think, the installation process startosk implemented in his kernel, is very good.

He tests a configuration of kernel, su, app and scripts.
Installing his kernel will install this tested and well working configuration.

HM.Carbide

Nov 29, 2010
New Version of Semaphore Script Manager:
Install it, if you want to test the new features. As there are serveral major changes, please give feedback, if something is not working.
Special thanks to Stratosk, Pikachu01 and Mialwe for their hard work and investigation to optimize our SGS 1.

Changelog v0.70:
- Fixed Force Close on conflicting script definition (enable/disable overruled by choice)
- Increased height of Categories for better handling
- Menu support for collapse and expand all categories
- Menu support for installing SuperUser app
- Menu support for installing script packages

So from now on there is a simpler procedure for installation:
- Download a ScriptPack from Tapatalk, XDA App or Browser
- Start Semaphore Script Manager, open Menu - Manage Packages - Install <ScriptPack>

ScriptPack_Base_2.3.0_v2.zip
- Removed Chainfires Kernel and VM Tweaks (to support flexibel addons)
- Moved Color Tweaks from Misc to Addons (Settings will also work, if Voodoo App is not installed)
ScriptPack_AddOn_UV_v1.zip
- UV Support
ScriptPack_AddOn_Tweak_v1.zip
- Stock Default Settings
- Chainfire Kernel and VM Tweaks
- HM-Settings (a mixture of Mialwe and Pikachu01)
- Mialwe Kernel and VM Tweaks
- Pikachu01 Kernel and VM Tweaks (From Thunderbolt v2.2.0)

Last edited:

skodaslx

Oct 11, 2010
Where do we have to put the downloaded script packages?
If I click on install in the menu nothing happens.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

HM.Carbide

Nov 29, 2010
Where do we have to put the downloaded script packages?
If I click on install in the menu nothing happens.

The app searches the default download folders of the common apps in:
/mnt/sdcard
/mnt/sdcard/download
/mnt/sdcard/tapatalk_download
/mnt/sdcard/tapatalkxda_download

If you download them on pc, you can directly copy them into the
/mnt/sdcard/SemaphoreScripts
folder to install them.

What is your default download folder?
Maybe I have to extend the List.

Last edited:
Reactions: skodaslx

Bejda

Feb 12, 2011
Hello,for me it's just the add-on tweak that I can't find "in-app",should be in "profiles" after install right?
Edit:/sdcard/download for me.

Last edited:

skodaslx

Oct 11, 2010
I have the *.zip in mnt/sdcard/tapatalk_download.

I see them when I click on manage packages. But when I click on install nothing happens.

HM.Carbide

Nov 29, 2010
Ok, to detect, if the script packs are installed:

open "Menu - Manage Packages" again,
the installed packs should now be offered with
Uninstall <Scriptpack name>.

If so, they are installed.

If you have installed the new base, under "AddOn Tweaks"
"Kernel Scheduler" and "VM Dirtyness" should be disapeared,
The "Voodoo Color Settings" should be moved from "Miscellaneous" to "AddOn Tweaks"

If you have installed the UV AddOn, there should be a new "Undervolting" Option under "Kernel Features"

If you have installed the Tweaks AddOn, there should be a new "VM and Kernel Tweaks" Option under "AddOn Tweaks".

Reactions: Bejda and skodaslx

skodaslx

Oct 11, 2010
Ok.
I have the v0.70.
The kernel scheduler and the vm dirtyness is still there.
If I installed a package and the go again to manage packages there is still "install" and not "uninstall".
So I think there is nothing installed.

skodaslx

Oct 11, 2010
I just noticed that a directory named "SemaphoreScripts" is needed to exist on the SD card prior to using the new "Manage Packages" function.
When you create this directory, everything works fine.

Thank you. Installing and uninstalling works now.
If I install the base zip everything except the addon tweaks is gone.
No kernel features or mis... more.
If I uninstall the base zip then there are two addon tweaks. The mis... is now also addon tweaks.

Edit: restart the script manager and everything is back. But maybe with the wrong name.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

this is a Semaphore Script Manager, which makes it easy for everyone to manage the scripts provided by stratosk in his great Semaphore Kernel in /res/scripts folder.

It enables and disables all the features immediately if possible, and copies them to, or deletes them from /system/etc/init.d automatically.

All features with one simple click, and that without reboot.

Semaphore Script Manager will be included in Semaphore Kernel.
    Instead of installing the app, you can also wait until Stratosk releases a bundled version.
    He will also provide improved enable and disable scripts in this release.

If you don't want to wait, here the installation guide:
    Copy Semaphore apk to sd card and click on the file in any explorer on the phone.
    If you want the newest scripts (not necessary for Semaphore Kernel 1.7.5+):
    unpack SemaphoreScripts.zip.
    Move the Folder inside to the sdcard. (On the sdcard should be a SemaphoreScripts folder and the scripts in it)

Install Scripts (Still works for overruling scripts with own scripts):
    unpack zip file:
    Move the Folder inside to the sdcard. (On the sdcard should be a SemaphoreScripts folder and the scripts in it)

New ScriptPack Support:
    - Start Semaphore Script Manager, open Menu - Manage Packages - Install <ScriptPack>
    or
    - Copy ScriptPack in /mnt/sdcard/SemaphoreScripts folder, and it is installed

About ScriptPack's:
    - Base packages replaces complete the kernel scripts
    (this can be used for testing new versions)
    - AddOn packages can be installed additionally
    (this can be used to get more tweaks or features)

This app provides access to scripts that enables/ disables existing or extending kernel functionality or kernel tweaks.
    Everyone is welcome to create and provide scripts for the Semaphore Script Manager.
    If a tweak of someone else is used, it should be displayed directly by the feature shown in the app.
    If I am missing someone in existing scripts, please tell me, I will extend the credit list.

Special thanks to Stratosk, Chainfire, Pikachu01, Mialwe and Zeppelinrox who made all features and tweaks, that are provided through the Semaphore Script Manager.

Special thanks to ZaneZam for making the Bootanimation ScriptPack
    As it is not possible to upload a file with 15MB, please download it from the following link:
    Bootanmation Pack 1
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19934057/ScriptPack_AddOn_Bootanim1_v1.zip

Bootanimation Pack 2
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19934057/ScriptPack_AddOn_Bootanim2_v1.zip

Bootanimation Pack 3
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19934057/ScriptPack_AddOn_Bootanim3_v1.zip

Bootanimation Pack 4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19934057/ScriptPack_AddOn_Bootanim4_v1.zip

Bootanimation Pack 5
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19934057/ScriptPack_AddOn_Bootanim5_v1.zip

Bootanimation Pack Full
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19934057/ScriptPack_AddOn_Bootanim_v1.zip

Problems and feature requests related to the app should be posted in this thread.

There will come more features from time to time. The latest version will be always available in this thread.

Older Versions moved to the second post.

Have fun.

Attention:

All Script packages posted in the OP, are made for Gingerbread Semaphore Kernel.

Please do not use them for the ICS Semaphore Kernel!!!

Once I am on ICS too, I'll provide also AddOns for ICS.
    If there is a dev, or a advanced user, who knows what the scripts are doing, I would appreciate feedback, about Tweaks addon and Profile addon, if they are working on ICS.

Thanks
    ScriptPack_AddOn_Gov_v2.zip
    - Improved Save Battery Governor
    . * Samplingrate 20000 when screen on
    . * Samplingrate 200000 when screen off
    . * Up_Treshhold 98
    ScriptPack_AddOn_UV_v2.zip
    - UV Support
    ScriptPack_AddOn_Tweak_v3.zip
    - Stock Default Settings
    - Pikachu01 Kernel and VM Tweaks (Thunderbolt Tweaks)
    ScriptPack_AddOn_Profiles_V1.zip
    - Profiles Support
    - Possibility to save own profiles
    ScriptPack_AddOn_Cache_V1.zip
    - Enable 50MB Cache

Changelog ICS v0.75:
    - .scripts folder is updated, when new kernel version is installed.

Changelog v0.75:
    - .scripts folder is updated, when new kernel version is installed.

Changelog ICS v0.74:
    - Same functionality but specialy built for ICS to get ICS style

Changelog v0.74:
    - Hopefully fix the busybox problems with SlimICS

Changelog v0.73:
    - Improved speed for installing large addons. (packages are not copied to .scripts folder anymore to detect which are installed)
    - Miscellaneous (tests) Section now showing correct state.
    - Selecting a Temporary Script will disable corresponding Kernel Feature or Addon and vice versa
    There are 3 types of Testscripts:
    - Runonce Scripts (like Clean BusyBox): test features with only one script
    - Temporary Scripts (like oc, uv, ...): test features that also exists as Kernel Feature or Addon
    - Permanent Scripts (like enable boot sound or animation): all other features in tests folder

Changelog v0.71:
    - Fixed Installation Problem if SemaphoreScripts folder is missing
    - Fixed Force Close on conflicting script definition (enable/disable overruled by choice)

Changelog v0.62:
    - Collapsible Categories, to get a better overview (state will be remembered on open/close/reboot of the app)
    - better texts
    - optimized app size
    - added/enhanced scripts, so nearby every feature can be enabled/ disabled without reboot.
    (so settings can be compared better. A reboot needs a long time and states are reseted, this makes it very hard to compare the settings.)
    - New kernel feature:
    * Underclocking
    * Conservative Governor tweaked for long battery life
    * all features are immediately disabled without reboot
    - AddOn Tweaks:
    * Immediate disable/enable of 50MB Cache, without reboot
    * Touchscreen: Stock, Chainfire, very sensitive settings
    - New script functions in Miscellaneous:
    * Clean Busybox (deletes busybox in system/bin, system/xbin)
    * Voodoo-Color set Stock Color ("disables" voodoo color, by setting stock colors)
    * Profiles:
    - Kernel default (disables all features and cleans init.d, only semaphore scripts, nothing else)
    - Recommended(HM) (enables my preferred settings)
    - SaveBattery (sets aggressive battery save setting, phone will lag a bit, good if long battery life is needed)

Changelog v0.51:
    - Support for Test Scripts
    New Category: "Test (reseted on reboot)"
    Scripts are used from SDCard /SemaphoreScripts/tests/
    see AddOn_for_testing_OC
    - Only one SU process, to prevent "su-rights granted" during property change

Changelog v0.42:
    - Fixed bug displaying wrong feature name, if scripts are overruled
    - Support for AddOns

All scripts are simple, no mystery.
    All scripts from res/scripts can be adapted and overruled by copying the specific script to sdcard/SemaphoreScripts.
    The Tweaks of Chainfire are disabled automatically, but the Tweak App will show the wrong status until reboot.

Best Setting for me:
    - LMK 64MB
    - SD-Card read ahead 256kb-64kb-best

But try for yourself, and give feedback for the best settings.

Description of the AddOn Features:

1) Low Memory Killer (LMK):
    Android keeps all apps in memory as long as possible. If you start an app, that is already in memory, it starts very fast.
    The Low Memory Killer will remove apps from memory, if there is not enough memory for the current app, but this will take some time, the app "lags".
    The xx-mb is the free memory, when the Low Memory Killer will begin to remove apps from memory.

32mb-multitasking: if you start a lot of apps parallel and want to switch very fast between the apps.
    92mb-chainfire: this is used by the minfree tweak from chainfire in tweaks app. This option is for using an app exclusive, no multitasking.
    48mb-default: this is the samungs default, a good compromise allowing a bit multitasking and not so much lags in big apps like 3d games.
    64mb-bigmem: this option tries to use the extra mem provided by the bigmem kernel to reduce lags.

So it depends on your phone usage, what is best for you.

2) SDCard read ahead
    If bigger files are read by apps, there is less overhead reading them having greater read ahead config.
    If apps read a lot of small files, there is less overhead reading them having smaller read ahead config.

128kb-default: This is samsung default for all mounts. a good compromize.
    256kb-64kb: This increases the SDCard speed, as it uses a smaller read ahead for the kernel config files, that are mainly very very small. And a greater read ahead for the apps, and apps data that are mainly bigger than 128kb.
    3072kb-chainfire: This is the setting of SDCard tweak from chainfires Tweaks App. It is a bit too high, as there are also smaller files.
    Some people prefere 512kb-64kb or 1024kb-64kb.

So you will see the difference of SDCard speed with Media Scanning, load time of apps.

Older versions of Semaphore Script Manager:
    New Semaphore Script Manager for ICS

Changelog ICS v0.74:
    - Same functionality but specialy built for ICS to get ICS style

It works only under ICS
    New version of Semaphore Script Manager

as I have no chance to test it, please give feedback, if the problems are solved.

Changelog v0.74:
    - Hopefully fix the busybox problems with SlimICS
    New Version of Semaphore Script Manager:
    Install it, if you want to test the new features. As there are serveral major changes, please give feedback, if something is not working.
    Special thanks to Stratosk, Pikachu01 and Mialwe for their hard work and investigation to optimize our SGS 1.

Changelog v0.70:

ScriptPack_Base_2.3.0_v2.zip
    - Removed Chainfires Kernel and VM Tweaks (to support flexibel addons)
    - Moved Color Tweaks from Misc to Addons (Settings will also work, if Voodoo App is not installed)
    ScriptPack_AddOn_UV_v1.zip
    - UV Support
    ScriptPack_AddOn_Tweak_v1.zip
    - Stock Default Settings
    - Pikachu01 Kernel and VM Tweaks (From Thunderbolt v2.2.0)