Applications Safe To Remove (Note)

Search This thread

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
with permission from our able moderators i am reposting this file which lists applications/apk which are or maybe safe to disable/remove/freeze via TB...

please feel free to add anything else...and for the advanced users, a flashable zip for removing and also reinstalling them would be a great help

Spreadsheet of Applications

ps...the list is from the sgs2 threads but most of them appear as well on our device

thanks to

pulser_g2 for the permission mate!
original_ganjaman for the sticky of the post sir!

push the THANKS button if this post helped you...

Last edited:

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
If these aren't actually active and running services/processes, probably won't do anything.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

indeed...but it helps especially when you are using TB or Root Explorer...at the least you would know what this app does...is that app running and consuming battery...rooted phones would get the most out of this list (kinda biased actually :p)...this goes well with betterbatterystats and cpuspy...looking for wakelocks and rogue apps and bloats that run but not everyone uses...

btw this is an open thread so everyone who've done their own removals can add to the list...:D

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
Samsung Push

I noticed the Samsung Apps app installed a Samsung Push service that seems to run all the time. I removed it, and it got installed again next time I went there.

I had to disable its receivers (listeners) with Autorun Manager instead of removing it.

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
I noticed the Samsung Apps app installed a Samsung Push service that seems to run all the time. I removed it, and it got installed again next time I went there.

I had to disable its receivers (listeners) with Autorun Manager instead of removing it.

personally i removed all samsung bloatwares as they did nothing for me :p...besides those services they offer are all there in the play store (msg, social network, email etc) without the wakelocks or background apps running...but in case id have the need for them then i can always pull them out from the original zip of my custom rom build just in case

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
personally i removed all samsung bloatwares as they did nothing for me :p...besides those services they offer are all there in the play store (msg, social network, email etc) without the wakelocks or background apps running...but in case id have the need for them then i can always pull them out from the original zip of my custom rom build just in case

I agree, but there are sometimes good deals and freebies in the Samsung Apps store. It just annoyed me that going there reinstalled this push app every time, so I effectively disabled it instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    with permission from our able moderators i am reposting this file which lists applications/apk which are or maybe safe to disable/remove/freeze via TB...

please feel free to add anything else...and for the advanced users, a flashable zip for removing and also reinstalling them would be a great help

Spreadsheet of Applications

ps...the list is from the sgs2 threads but most of them appear as well on our device

thanks to

pulser_g2 for the permission mate!
    original_ganjaman for the sticky of the post sir!

push the THANKS button if this post helped you...
    Great Post mate!!
    DSMLawmo and DSM Forwarding indeed are related to S-Pen, by disabling them on my Note 2 phone, the S-Pen is out of calibration, put them back and restart the phone, make S-Pen works right. so I would recommend to not to disable/remove them.
    See the Cassie's XtraLiteRom ICS EDITION V2 and he removed these apps from his ROM:

Analog Clock
    Aurora
    Bluesea
    Buddiesnow
    ChocoEUK
    CoolEUK
    crayonphysics
    Days
    Digitalclock
    DLNA
    Dualclock
    Emailwidget
    FMRadio
    Geniewidget
    GoogleFeedback
    HelvNeueLT
    HTMLviewer
    Kies
    KiesAir
    KiesWifi
    Kobo
    lcdtest
    Livewallpapers
    MiniDiary
    MobilePrint
    MusicHub
    Oceanweather
    Photo retouching
    Photowall
    Polaris
    Pressreader
    Protips
    ReadersHub
    Samsung widgets
    SNS LI
    SNS TW
    SocialHub
    SocialHubWidget
    Maps
    Street
    Talk2
    talkback
    Trim App
    Voicerecorder
    Voice To Go
    Video Editor
    Windyweather
    Youtube
    Zinio
    Music Player
    All Kies apps and Kies Wifi hidden app
    Swype and library files (NOT ICS VERSION)
    Polaris and Library files
    from chrack's rom, list of removed apps from his small v18

posting this with his permission...thanks there mate...

Chracks Removed Apps

this can be also used as a reference on what can be removed or frozen safely