GSM-Only Android Development for EVO 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sydneybelinda

Jun 28, 2010
As a question? Since the EVO is basically the Sensation with a 3d Screen and Camera, has anyone tried loading a Sensation ROM onto the EVO3d? Or are the drivers that different?

nattskift

Nov 16, 2009
Capital City, baby!
Who know's how long though, there is not even a forum for us yet over at miui.us

The thing that speaks for a somewhat fast release is that the GSM version of the Evo 3D is basically using the CDMA as a base, replacing all CDMA related stuff with either from GSM source or from the Sensation.

Im trying not to get overly excited, but its hard to resist :D

Chewy11

Sep 30, 2010
Montreal
I hope for AOSP on EVO3D GSM.
The Sensation and EVO3D CDMA ideas are GREAT!
I have no skills as a DEV. But I would donate to such a project.
As I understand it MIUI and CM7 and AOSP are very similar, so if we get one the others are not far off.
This is good news today!!!

Reactions: maaafeb05

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
boot loop clockworkmod not responding

hey guys im hopeing u guys could help me im new to the android revoulution but i love my evo 3d and i decieded to root it.

I used revolutionary to root worked well i acheacived s/off also and i installed a lot of roms and was useing infected eternity rom for the past month and was working well.

two weeks ago i saw a thread for a red theme so i downloaded it and insalld it through ROM MANAGER i use rom managaer because since i rooted clockworkmod dosen`t respond to any comande it just goes a black screen with a hat and nothing works.....so after i installed the theme phone got stuck in a boot loop and since then i can`t do much execpt get into fastboot...

since clockworkmod is not working i wanted to flash a new recovery.......but i don`t know how to do this through fastboot because it seems that u must install the file on the root of your sd card, well i cant access the sd card because i when i plug my phone it doesnt appear on the comp like a «d« drive or «c« drive i guess its because the phone cant get to the regular ui or something anyway if u have a suggestion please let me know thanks

also i was wondering what recoveries actually work with evo 3d (gsm) cuz its seems that most like team win or (twrp) only work with cdma so if u could point me in the right gsm direction thanks

Last edited:

PlayPetepp

Dec 19, 2010
Osijek
Xiaomi Mi 11
Go to the gsm forums > 4ext recovery/revolutionary recovery thread, download the recovery.img and place it in your fastboot folder (example: /.../android-sdk/platform-tools). Then in cmd after navigating to that same folder type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

-. typewrited .-

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
Hi there,
I bought this phone yesterday and it is a big disappointment for me. Battery is at 59%, and it was disconnected 2 hours ago (first charge).
I was wondering, is there a ROM that you recommend? Before selling my phone I mean ;). I have 2.3.4 on it (1.20 something). Is there a newer one?
Thank you

shirioko

Jan 30, 2008
The Hague
Hi there,
I bought this phone yesterday and it is a big disappointment for me. Battery is at 59%, and it was disconnected 2 hours ago (first charge).
I was wondering, is there a ROM that you recommend? Before selling my phone I mean ;). I have 2.3.4 on it (1.20 something). Is there a newer one?
Thank you

Install ROMeOS3D rom

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Reactions: leoking3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use the other development section for CDMA EVO 3D (Sprint) :cool:
    if I were to.....................

Lets say I:
    -setup a clone of charan's evo3d cdma shooter.git link
    -switch in all the gsm bits i can find (to replace the cdma versions)
    -make some minor corrections to the extract-files AND
    -pull all the proprietary files (with 0 errors / missing files) theeeeen I....
    -add in the msm8660 support to my local android git so i can compile
    -copy the cyanogen_vendor file from the supersonic & make all the changes
    making it a cyanogen_shooteru set and THEN............

I start compiling cyanogenmod. and it is still going.................
    now.... this brings me back to my original question (as I am not in a position yet to be using my MAIN device as a test platform....)

IF THIS COMPILE FINISHES....... A BIG IF

does anyone want to test it ??? :) :) :) :)???????????????

From the sounds of the cdma thread.. we know that bluetooth isnt quite right yet. but... .... the gsm people might have something to play with if this works :)
    ahem. Maybe not.. .. we will see.

editk.... i am stopped atm... wimax compile issues.. working through them.. keep u posted.
    I'm still hoping for official CM7 or CM9, or even a kang.
    I have not seen any GSM DEVs mention ASOP work so we could get MIUI or CM7

There still is hope tho.;-)
    copenhagen and the team got it working this morning. App update should come soon