[Q] Unable to buy from Play Store on phone

Search This thread

nuggeo

Oct 21, 2008
Hi.

Ive had this problem for a month or so now and ive tried reinstalling the play store, clearing caches, clearing the framework data, clearing store data and still I am unable to purchase on my phone.

This wouldnt be a problem normally since I still can buy apps and send them to the phone on a computer from play.google.com

However some games that have ingame content requires that you buy it on the phone.

When I try to purchase any app on the phone I get "Error. An error occured. Please try again".

Well I tried again aprox 17 trillion times and the same error always shows up.

Ive googled about the problem but havent found a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

nuggeo

Oct 21, 2008
Which rom do you use? In app payment works since 2.3. If i remember correctly, but i guess its not your problem.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

My problem is that I can't purchase anything. Somewhere I read that Wiping would "solve" it. Thats not really practical is it now. Anyway I wiped a month ago due to some kernel setting i messed up and the Bug/Error appeared instantly or as soon as I tried to purchase my first app. Could be that it would have worked for a while after fresh install but dunno.

And wiping the phone to buy something off the market kinda beats the purpose. If Id have to wipe every single time I want to purchase something

To specify even further
It is not app-specific.
My CreditCard is fine and is working.
Rom is NovaHD RC22-41

zulk666

Aug 3, 2011
Hmm maybe should try clean application data on Google Play, i have some problems with Google Play and data clean helps.

H

H M Judge

Hi.

Ive had this problem for a month or so now and ive tried reinstalling the play store, clearing caches, clearing the framework data, clearing store data and still I am unable to purchase on my phone.

This wouldnt be a problem normally since I still can buy apps and send them to the phone on a computer from play.google.com

However some games that have ingame content requires that you buy it on the phone.

When I try to purchase any app on the phone I get "Error. An error occured. Please try again".

Well I tried again aprox 17 trillion times and the same error always shows up.

Ive googled about the problem but havent found a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

uninstall the current play store update it would roll back to the old market . then try purchasing from market it will definately work . if not then update again to the latest play store and then you could purchase . do click thanks .

markop90

Feb 16, 2011
Had this problem on my tab...just revert to old 2.3.6 market and buy something...it worked to me

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

eXplicitDK

Jun 26, 2011
I also have this problem.

I am using NovaHD RC22-41 now, but I have had this problem ever since I started using this ROM (at around RC10).

Same story as nuggeo. Full wipe several times, and cleared Play Store cache didn't help me.

nuggeo

Oct 21, 2008
Short update on the problem.

Ive cleared data/cache on Play Store and Google services Framework multiple times.
Uninstalled Play Store, Reflashed Gapps, removed my account, readded my account. Praid to the Google Gods and hold both fingers and toes crossed and still no.

Currently im getting an error code ( thats a first )

Error processing purchase [DF-BPA-13].

Quick googling showed some people with the same issue but not with a solution that worked for me or a lot of other people.

Any tips appreciated :)

nuggeo

Oct 21, 2008
Update

As of now I am not able to even "purchase" free apps.

Guess its time for a wipe and hope for best.

eXplicitDK

Jun 26, 2011
I finally made it work for me.

I reinstalled my NovaHD rom, WITHOUT gapps. The I installed gapps manually.

Now I can buy from Google Play Store again! :D

skylinegt77

Sep 16, 2011
same thing happened to me lots of times, fix i found was simply reinstalling the rom or kernel sometimes (happens with both) even without touching gapps...