[REQUEST] GB kernel

Search This thread

giovannipaquier

Jan 10, 2013
Itanhaém, SP
Moto G7 Power
I'll try to do what I suggested at this post -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2142591 .
But I need to know where I need to start. (Ok, I know where, but don't know HOW). Here it goes what I think, but I need help.
I have ideas, but don't know how to do all of them. So I need help, I need somebody there can help me. Give me some light. C_C

As I said, I wanna "split" gb kernel + cm9. Simple. But, how?
I need the droid 3 gb kernel, and I need a cm9 rom without the kexec kernel.
OR, (and I would very much appreciate) if some of our brilliant minds could expend just about 30 mins to explain to me how could I do it by myself.

ie:
Where I can extract, get, download the kernel. Or how I remove it from other place;
If the cm9 than i've downloaded came with kexec kernel, and how I remove it;
What I should do when I complete these steps;
*if there is a file (look how i'm losted! I even know if is a file, or a folder, .. buh ): ..).

pls. ):

jarveson

Jan 28, 2010
Grand Forks, Snodak
I'll try to do what I suggested at this post -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2142591 .
But I need to know where I need to start. (Ok, I know where, but don't know HOW). Here it goes what I think, but I need help.
I have ideas, but don't know how to do all of them. So I need help, I need somebody there can help me. Give me some light. C_C

OR, (and I would very much appreciate) if some of our brilliant minds could expend just about 30 mins to explain to me how could I do it by myself.

ie:
Where I can extract, get, download the kernel. Or how I remove it from other place;
*if there is a file (look how i'm losted! I even know if is a file, or a folder, .. buh ): ..).

pls. ):

Im kinda lost at what your trying to do, you dont need a kernel to compile just cm9 really.

but if u want to try booting cm9 without the new kexec kernel3 just delete /system/etc/kexec folder and it will boot into 'stock' gb kexec kernel2 as long as you have safestrap installed

If you need the source for complete stock kernel hashcode has it hosted
https://github.com/Hashcode/solana_kernel

if you need the compiled kexec GB kernel im sure its in safestrap somewhere

You would probly need to make edits to cm9 though to make it work with gb stock kernel, it would be easier to use cm7 probly.

Reactions: giovannipaquier

giovannipaquier

Jan 10, 2013
Itanhaém, SP
Moto G7 Power
Im kinda lost at what your trying to do, you dont need a kernel to compile just cm9 really.

but if u want to try booting cm9 without the new kexec kernel3 just delete /system/etc/kexec folder and it will boot into 'stock' gb kexec kernel2 as long as you have safestrap installed

You would probly need to make edits to cm9 though to make it work with gb stock kernel, it would be easier to use cm7 probly.

exaplaining, i wanna try to use cm9 without kexec kernel, 'cause still with bugs. i saw this post, and after read it all, i thinked if it's not possible do it again. at this post, was posted a cm9 rom, working fine, without bugs. BECAUSE it wasn't with kexec kernel, but with gb kernel.

but the links is off, and ill try to do it by myself. and looking your simple explanation, i'll try and post results, being good or not. but i still have some questions.

1 - as you said, i need to make what kind of edits?
2 - at cm7, what & how i suppose to act?

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
exaplaining, i wanna try to use cm9 without kexec kernel, 'cause still with bugs. i saw this post, and after read it all, i thinked if it's not possible do it again. at this post, was posted a cm9 rom, working fine, without bugs. BECAUSE it wasn't with kexec kernel, but with gb kernel.

but the links is off, and ill try to do it by myself. and looking your simple explanation, i'll try and post results, being good or not. but i still have some questions.

1 - as you said, i need to make what kind of edits?
2 - at cm7, what & how i suppose to act?

I hate to break it to you, but that cm9 is not fully functional and without bugs. Just off the top of my head I know it has no camcorder, and no HW codecs and while the photo camera works, it's a hack and takes forever to open and can't be used for secondary functions like scanning QR codes. Also I'm pretty sure battery life is ****. And I believe it has the mediaserver battery drain bug, where if you listen to music it will drain your phones in 2-3 hours, tops
And this is just what I can think of, it's been quite some time since I've ran it. If you're determined, I can check to see if I have it kicking around in my Linux files later, but i wouldn't hold your breath.

I don't want to discourage you from trying to learn more about android hacking and dev, but based on your posts I don't think you have the knowledge to fix cm9, I know I don't.

I know it would be great to have a fully functional better than gingerbread rom, but I'm afraid it's GB or beta.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Cm7 was mostly functional, and I'm pretty sure I have that, but it never worked for the xt860 properly, mobile connection issues. Personally I think it's the libmoto_ril.so, or something in the build.prop, or both. Look into what other moto devices use the same radio as the xt860 and if they have cm7

giovannipaquier

Jan 10, 2013
Itanhaém, SP
Moto G7 Power
I don't want to discourage you from trying to learn more about android hacking and dev, but based on your posts I don't think you have the knowledge to fix cm9, I know I don't.

I know it would be great to have a fully functional better than gingerbread rom, but I'm afraid it's GB or beta.

wait, .. how? lol

i know i can't FIX cm9, wtf, who I am to say something so stupid?
i didn't mean this. sorry if i looks like yes.

based on your posts I don't think you have the knowledge to fix cm9
i know i don't have it. at ALL my posts, i think i never forgot to say something to confirm it. and like i always says, i know i'm dumb, i ALWAYS assume it, being sayin' it exactly or at other words.

but, it's not to look like something crazy, like somebody who needs atention and bla bla bla. just the true. :)

and another true is there i wanna try, i wanna learn, i need to try, i need to learn. i think something really nice is about to come.

Sent from my XT860 using xda app-developers app

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Neither of these will work on an xt860 out of the box. (i mens they will, if you don't want any cellular servicd) I'm only posting Because giovannipaquier has asked for these.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ie:

pls. ):