[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - S5 TMOBILE - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 - SUPPORTS ALL VERSIONS UP TO THE LATEST ANDROID BUILDS
SEE SUPPORT LIST FOR PUBLIC/PRO VERSIONS *HERE*

SUPPORTED MODELS
INTERNATIONAL MODEL GSM [SM-G900H]
INTERNATIONAL MODEL LTE [SM-G900F]
INTERNATIONAL MODEL LTE-A [SM-G900M]
US SPRINT LTE MODEL [SM-G900P]
US TMOBILE LTE MODEL [SM-G900T]
CANADA LTE MODEL [SM-G900W8]

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Nexus and Samsung Toolkits and supports many Nexus and Samsung devices. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT
* Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit/Windows 10
* Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
* Backup your data from selectable folders [internal or external storage] to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
* Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader [Nexus]
* Root Stock builds
* Various Root options using insecure boot image or custom recovery
* ALLINONE to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Nexus]
* ALLINONE to flash custom Recovery Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Samsung]
* [NEW] use SkipRoot boot image to Auto Root device, install Busybox Binaries and rename Recovery Restore files [selected devices]
* Install BusyBox on your device
* Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery [if insecure boot image available]
* Fix extSdCard write permissions from installed apps in Android 4.4+ [Samsung]
* Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
* Dump selected Device Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
* Extras, Tips and Tricks section
* Auto Update ToolKit to latest available version at startup (professional only feature)
* Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly (professional only feature)
* Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your device
* Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing [Nexus]
* Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn’t corrupted before flashing [Nexus]
* Download Samsung Stock Firmware to PC for extracting and flashing via Odin [Samsung]
* Flash Custom Recovery or Google Stock Image to Device
* Flash any part of a stock Nexus image to device [boot, system, recovery] – Great for fixing broken parts of firmware
* Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
* Boot into CWM Touch, TWRP, Philz Touch Recovery or Stock Recovery without Flashing it [Nexus]
* Flash Custom Recovery to Device
* Boot [Nexus] or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
* Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your device
* Push Files from your PC to your device
* Pull Files from your device to your PC
* Disable forced encryption on Nexus6 and Nexus9 devices
* Install Root Checker app by Burrows Apps
* Install Backup/Restore app by MDroid Apps [calls log, sms, contacts]
* Install EFS/Partition Backup/Restore app by Wanam
* Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
* Dump BugReport to your PC
* Set Files Permissions on your device
* Open new Command Prompt for manual input
* Reboot device to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode [Nexus]
* Reboot device to Fastboot Mode [Nexus], Recovery, Android or Download Mode [Samsung] from adb mode
* Display Important Information about your device

--------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot_Note4_20160114.png

SUPPORTED DEVICES AND LATEST SUPPORTED BUILDS *HERE*

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE: Key files are signed with a Digital Certificate from skipsoft.net but some ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted. They are not harmful, this is a false positive given because of the compiler used. If this happens restore the file and exclude the folder from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton. If you are using the Auto Update feature on pro versions then you will need to disable the AV program or exclude the folder from scans before running the update again.

Credits: ChainsDD for Superuser, Chainfire for SuperSU and kernel patches, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm and the universal driver pack, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack, Adam Lange for all his support and help with the insecure kernels, Viperboy for the Knox Disabler app, Stephen Erickson for the BusyBox installer app, BurrowsApps for the Root Checker app, NextApp for the SD Fix app, fOmey for TWRP for the Galaxy Gear.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE AND ROOT YOUR DEVICE.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPERUSER AND RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
PRO USERS CAN ALSO SELECT THE “ANY BUILD” OPTION IN THE BUILD SELECTION SCREEN TO ROOT ANY BUILD AS LONG AS THE VERSION IS SUPPORTED (USEFUL IF YOUR BUILD IS NOT LISTED).

MORE IMPORTANTLY DONATING SHOWS YOUR APPRECIATION AND ALLOWS THE TOOLKIT TO CONTINUE TO EVOLVE AND GROW.

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

PLEASE READ THE *HELP* PAGE AT http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=1269 OR USE THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE TOOLKIT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE IT AND SOMETHING ON THERE SHOULD ANSWER 99% OF PROBLEMS.

1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS

The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your device and perform other adb/fastboot functions.

THE DRIVERS CAN BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.

If drivers are not installed or there is an exclamation mark next to the device:
Plug the device in to a usb cable directly connected to your motherboard.
In the Device Manager a new item, usually called Android 1.0 should pop up in the list.
Right click on the device item then left click on Update Driver Software. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'.
If no adb interface driver appears in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android or Samsung adb interface driver.
If you cannot find either of these click Have Disk, browse to the Toolkit install folder, drivers folder, click on android_winusb.inf and click Open.
Click OK and select Google ADB Interface.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in settings, developer options. In Android 4.2.2 or later you have to enable the developer options screen by going to settings, About on your device and click on Build number at the bottom 7 times until it says You are now a developer. If you have already enabled usb debugging then unplug/replug the usb cable.

On Android 4.2.2 or later when you replug the usb cable after enabling usb debugging for the first time you will get a popup asking you to authenticate your pc. Tick 'Always allow' then click 'ok'.

2. USING SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. Working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. You will then be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things (other than select your model/build): Type '00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, 'i' will take you to the Information and Help Section, 'a' will give you information on how to add support for a new build.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest superuser files available and custom recovery (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers. Pro users can select the "any build" option to root any build (useful if your build is not listed).

USEFUL INFORMATION

Enable Developer options for usb debugging
Go to Settings, System section, About device and tap on 'Build number' 7 times until it says you are now a developer. You can now go to Settings, System section, Developer options and enable USB debug.

How to get into Recovery Mode
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
**FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS**

Q. What is ADB Shell?

Adb shell is a linux command line tool (because android is based on linux) used to
send commands to your android device. For S-ON devices, this is crucial for
modifying files in the /system partition (where the rom sits) as you cannot modify
anything in /system when the rom is running without S-OFF like removing system apps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I flashed Custom Recovery but each time I reboot the Stock Recovery is back

There is an auto recovery restore system on certain Stock Android Builds that will
reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from Google
Play such as ES File Explorer). Rename the files /system/recovery-from-boot.p and
/system/etc/install-recovery.sh (requires root). Now when you flash Custom Recovery
it will NOT be overwritten after a reboot. You can also do this via the Toolkit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. My AntiVirus program says the Toolkit files may be harmful

The exe compiled files are not digitally signed with a Microsoft certificate (as
they cost money) so certain AntiVirus programs (mainly Norton and AVG Free) may
pick it up as potentially harmful when it is not. They will pick up ANY file that
doesn't contain a purchased Microsoft certificate in the same way. Just Restore the
deleted file and exclude it from further scans and it will be fine. Or switch to a
better AntiVirus program such as BitDefender.

Q. What is the difference between Nandroid and Titanium backup?

A NANDROID will backup the whole system including boot, system, data and recovery
partitions so you can restore a complete rom and all data and settings.

Titanium Backup is mainly used to backup apps and associated user data. These
could be restored AFTER a full wipe and a new Rom had been flashed on your phone.

The other option now which google added into the new adb command list is the adb
backup which is in the ToolKit and can do the same job as Titanium Backup but will
store the data on your PC rather than on the phone (which takes up space).

Q. I cannot find Developer options

With Android 4.2 google have thought it would be funny to hide the Developer options
screen in the Settings. This means you cannot enable usb debugging to communicate
with your device. To show the Developers options screen do the following:

1. Goto Settings, About and tap the Build number text 7 times.
2. When you have tapped 3 times you will be given a countdown of taps until you
become a developer.
3. Once you are told you are now a developer you can go back to the Settings
Screen and can see Developer options.
4. You can now go into Developer options and enable usb debugging.

Q. I am having trouble getting adb working with the drivers installed

Try switching your connection type from media (MTP) mode to camera (P2P) mode.
To do this open the notification area [top left] with the device connected via usb,
click where it says 'connected as' and change from MTP to PTP.

Q. How to get into your Download Mode

1. Unplug your usb cable if you have one plugged in
2. Keep holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until you see a warning
screen [about 10 seconds]
3. Press the Volume Up button to boot the phone into Download Mode

Q. How to get into Recovery

2. Keep holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until you see a green android
man on the scree [about 15-20 seconds]

Q. I tried to enter the code for the pro version but it says the code is incorrect

1. Make sure the code entered is for the correct Toolkit being used.
2. You need to start the Toolkit with the toolkit.exe file when activating so the
settings can be initialised or the code will not be accepted.
3. Make sure you enter the code correctly as the characters are case sensitive.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
* Install Samsung Knox notification disabler on your device [Samsung modules] -Still void the warranty?
Flashing any modified recovery/boot image on your device will void the Knox warranty. The notification disabler just stop your device displaying messages from Knox but as far as I know there is no bypass to flashing custom recovery/boot images or rooting without tripping the Knox flag.

Mark.

Reactions: simsnet71

Mr Impossible

Dec 11, 2012
Flashing any modified recovery/boot image on your device will void the Knox warranty. The notification disabler just stop your device displaying messages from Knox but as far as I know there is no bypass to flashing custom recovery/boot images or rooting without tripping the Knox flag.

Mark.

Nice work Skip and thanks!

Trev420

Jul 30, 2010
this works 100%

cannot recommend this enough, one of the best tools ive ever used.

thank you so much.

if only it could debloat the phone of select apps ;p

juntjoo

Apr 23, 2007
Moto G Power
I see a lot of info in the beginning of this thread but I'm looking for steps 1,2,3 etc to use this app. should I find them in here or is there another section I should read first? thanks

shortbus1234

Dec 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Recovery Mode Not Detected

Installed TWRP no problem.

When I choose Option 5 to root the phone reboots into TWRP then error message comes after timeout.

"Recovery mode not detected"

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any assistance.

Loki411

Apr 26, 2013
Orlando
I've manged to get everything installed with out issue with the exception of BusyBox. When I try that it errors out and says "Can't find 'tools/' to install An Error Occurred. Any suggestions?

Update I just went in and pulled it out manually and flashed it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naaser

km8j

Dec 9, 2012
How do I know which root method to use? Using T-Mobile s5 and just need root access. I'd prefer not to wipe the handset if possible.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

km8j

Dec 9, 2012
The specific post or whole thread?

iwillkillyou

Aug 13, 2010
Glad this works on the S5, I been using it for a while. Highly recommended

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
Thanks for your work mskip! Question, will I be able to return my phone back to stock to the point of returning it to the store or will they be able to tell I unlocked and rooted it? Used your toolkit on my pasts Nexus phones, wasn't sure how it works with this s5 and the knox security

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 - SUPPORTS ALL VERSIONS UP TO THE LATEST ANDROID BUILDS
    SEE SUPPORT LIST FOR PUBLIC/PRO VERSIONS *HERE*

SUPPORTED MODELS
    INTERNATIONAL MODEL GSM [SM-G900H]
    INTERNATIONAL MODEL LTE [SM-G900F]
    INTERNATIONAL MODEL LTE-A [SM-G900M]
    US SPRINT LTE MODEL [SM-G900P]
    US TMOBILE LTE MODEL [SM-G900T]
    CANADA LTE MODEL [SM-G900W8]

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Nexus and Samsung Toolkits and supports many Nexus and Samsung devices. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT
    * Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically on Windows xp/vista/7/8 32bit+64bit/Windows 10
    * Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
    * Backup your data from selectable folders [internal or external storage] to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
    * Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader [Nexus]
    * Root Stock builds
    * Various Root options using insecure boot image or custom recovery
    * ALLINONE to Unlock, Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Nexus]
    * ALLINONE to flash custom Recovery Root, Rename the Restore Files and install busybox [Samsung]
    * [NEW] use SkipRoot boot image to Auto Root device, install Busybox Binaries and rename Recovery Restore files [selected devices]
    * Install BusyBox on your device
    * Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system (Boot, Cache, Data, Recovery and System) via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC which can be Restored via CWM Recovery [if insecure boot image available]
    * Fix extSdCard write permissions from installed apps in Android 4.4+ [Samsung]
    * Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
    * Dump selected Device Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC [if insecure boot image available]
    * Extras, Tips and Tricks section
    * Auto Update ToolKit to latest available version at startup (professional only feature)
    * Program up to 10 Quickpick slots and run them very quickly (professional only feature)
    * Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your device
    * Download Google Stock Image directly to correct ToolKit folder for extracting and flashing [Nexus]
    * Check md5 of stock image to make sure downloaded file isn’t corrupted before flashing [Nexus]
    * Download Samsung Stock Firmware to PC for extracting and flashing via Odin [Samsung]
    * Flash Custom Recovery or Google Stock Image to Device
    * Flash any part of a stock Nexus image to device [boot, system, recovery] – Great for fixing broken parts of firmware
    * Rename the Recovery Restore File present on some Stock Roms
    * Boot into CWM Touch, TWRP, Philz Touch Recovery or Stock Recovery without Flashing it [Nexus]
    * Flash Custom Recovery to Device
    * Boot [Nexus] or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
    * Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your device
    * Push Files from your PC to your device
    * Pull Files from your device to your PC
    * Disable forced encryption on Nexus6 and Nexus9 devices
    * Install Root Checker app by Burrows Apps
    * Install Backup/Restore app by MDroid Apps [calls log, sms, contacts]
    * Install EFS/Partition Backup/Restore app by Wanam
    * Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
    * Dump BugReport to your PC
    * Set Files Permissions on your device
    * Open new Command Prompt for manual input
    * Reboot device to Fastboot Mode or Android from fastboot mode [Nexus]
    * Reboot device to Fastboot Mode [Nexus], Recovery, Android or Download Mode [Samsung] from adb mode
    * Display Important Information about your device

Screenshot_Note4_20160114.png

SUPPORTED DEVICES AND LATEST SUPPORTED BUILDS *HERE*

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE: Key files are signed with a Digital Certificate from skipsoft.net but some ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted. They are not harmful, this is a false positive given because of the compiler used. If this happens restore the file and exclude the folder from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton. If you are using the Auto Update feature on pro versions then you will need to disable the AV program or exclude the folder from scans before running the update again.

Credits: ChainsDD for Superuser, Chainfire for SuperSU and kernel patches, koush and the clockworkmod team for cwm and the universal driver pack, 1wayjonny for the adb/fastboot driver pack, Adam Lange for all his support and help with the insecure kernels, Viperboy for the Knox Disabler app, Stephen Erickson for the BusyBox installer app, BurrowsApps for the Root Checker app, NextApp for the SD Fix app, fOmey for TWRP for the Galaxy Gear.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
    THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE AND ROOT YOUR DEVICE.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
    THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPERUSER AND RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
    THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
    PRO USERS CAN ALSO SELECT THE “ANY BUILD” OPTION IN THE BUILD SELECTION SCREEN TO ROOT ANY BUILD AS LONG AS THE VERSION IS SUPPORTED (USEFUL IF YOUR BUILD IS NOT LISTED).

MORE IMPORTANTLY DONATING SHOWS YOUR APPRECIATION AND ALLOWS THE TOOLKIT TO CONTINUE TO EVOLVE AND GROW.

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

PLEASE READ THE *HELP* PAGE AT http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=1269 OR USE THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE TOOLKIT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE IT AND SOMETHING ON THERE SHOULD ANSWER 99% OF PROBLEMS.

1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS

The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your device and perform other adb/fastboot functions.

THE DRIVERS CAN BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.

If drivers are not installed or there is an exclamation mark next to the device:
    Plug the device in to a usb cable directly connected to your motherboard.
    In the Device Manager a new item, usually called Android 1.0 should pop up in the list.
    Right click on the device item then left click on Update Driver Software. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'.
    If no adb interface driver appears in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android or Samsung adb interface driver.
    If you cannot find either of these click Have Disk, browse to the Toolkit install folder, drivers folder, click on android_winusb.inf and click Open.
    Click OK and select Google ADB Interface.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in settings, developer options. In Android 4.2.2 or later you have to enable the developer options screen by going to settings, About on your device and click on Build number at the bottom 7 times until it says You are now a developer. If you have already enabled usb debugging then unplug/replug the usb cable.

On Android 4.2.2 or later when you replug the usb cable after enabling usb debugging for the first time you will get a popup asking you to authenticate your pc. Tick 'Always allow' then click 'ok'.

2. USING SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. Working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. You will then be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things (other than select your model/build): Type '00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, 'i' will take you to the Information and Help Section, 'a' will give you information on how to add support for a new build.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest superuser files available and custom recovery (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers. Pro users can select the "any build" option to root any build (useful if your build is not listed).

USEFUL INFORMATION

Enable Developer options for usb debugging
    Go to Settings, System section, About device and tap on 'Build number' 7 times until it says you are now a developer. You can now go to Settings, System section, Developer options and enable USB debug.

How to get into Recovery Mode
    1. Unplug the USB cable.
    2. Shut down the phone.
    3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME UP' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.

How to get into Download Mode (For Odin)
    1. Unplug the USB cable.
    2. Shut down the phone.
    3. Hold down the 'HOME' + 'VOLUME DOWN' buttons and press the 'POWER' button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the 'VOLUME UP' button to enter Download Mode.

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
    **FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS**

Q. What is ADB Shell?

Adb shell is a linux command line tool (because android is based on linux) used to
    send commands to your android device. For S-ON devices, this is crucial for
    modifying files in the /system partition (where the rom sits) as you cannot modify
    anything in /system when the rom is running without S-OFF like removing system apps.

Q. I flashed Custom Recovery but each time I reboot the Stock Recovery is back

There is an auto recovery restore system on certain Stock Android Builds that will
    reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from Google
    Play such as ES File Explorer). Rename the files /system/recovery-from-boot.p and
    /system/etc/install-recovery.sh (requires root). Now when you flash Custom Recovery
    it will NOT be overwritten after a reboot. You can also do this via the Toolkit.

Q. My AntiVirus program says the Toolkit files may be harmful

The exe compiled files are not digitally signed with a Microsoft certificate (as
    they cost money) so certain AntiVirus programs (mainly Norton and AVG Free) may
    pick it up as potentially harmful when it is not. They will pick up ANY file that
    doesn't contain a purchased Microsoft certificate in the same way. Just Restore the
    deleted file and exclude it from further scans and it will be fine. Or switch to a
    better AntiVirus program such as BitDefender.

Q. What is the difference between Nandroid and Titanium backup?

A NANDROID will backup the whole system including boot, system, data and recovery
    partitions so you can restore a complete rom and all data and settings.

Titanium Backup is mainly used to backup apps and associated user data. These
    could be restored AFTER a full wipe and a new Rom had been flashed on your phone.

The other option now which google added into the new adb command list is the adb
    backup which is in the ToolKit and can do the same job as Titanium Backup but will
    store the data on your PC rather than on the phone (which takes up space).

Q. I cannot find Developer options

With Android 4.2 google have thought it would be funny to hide the Developer options
    screen in the Settings. This means you cannot enable usb debugging to communicate
    with your device. To show the Developers options screen do the following:

1. Goto Settings, About and tap the Build number text 7 times.
    2. When you have tapped 3 times you will be given a countdown of taps until you
    become a developer.
    3. Once you are told you are now a developer you can go back to the Settings
    Screen and can see Developer options.
    4. You can now go into Developer options and enable usb debugging.

Q. I am having trouble getting adb working with the drivers installed

Try switching your connection type from media (MTP) mode to camera (P2P) mode.
    To do this open the notification area [top left] with the device connected via usb,
    click where it says 'connected as' and change from MTP to PTP.

Q. How to get into your Download Mode

2. Keep holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until you see a warning
    screen [about 10 seconds]
    3. Press the Volume Up button to boot the phone into Download Mode

Q. How to get into Recovery

2. Keep holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until you see a green android
    man on the scree [about 15-20 seconds]

Q. I tried to enter the code for the pro version but it says the code is incorrect

1. Make sure the code entered is for the correct Toolkit being used.
    2. You need to start the Toolkit with the toolkit.exe file when activating so the
    settings can be initialised or the code will not be accepted.
    3. Make sure you enter the code correctly as the characters are case sensitive.
    **UPDATES**
    Samsung Galaxy S5 device module Auto Update available

An Auto Update is available for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Toolkit module. All the supported Samsung devices will be updated over the next 2 weeks to support the latest builds [Root, SuperSU Systemless] and add the latest improvements so I would highly recommend updating to the Pro version now to get the latest updates first. It’s well worth it. I will update the public [free] modules once everything is up to date. PRO Users have to get priority at the moment.

Changelog:
    +Updated main Toolkit code to support Android 5.1.1 and 6.0 builds [root,backup]
    +Updated Toolkit to add latest device support and more options
    +Added SuperSU systemless root method for root without flashing patched boot image
    +Root methods updated to latest versions
    +Added INT GSM SM-G900H support up to latest 5.0.0 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added INT LTE SM-G900F support up to latest 5.0.0 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added LTE-A SM-G900M support up to latest 5.0.0 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added TMOB SM-G900T support up to latest 5.1.1 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added SPRINT SM-G900P support up to latest 5.0.0 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added CANADA SM-G900W8 support up to latest 5.1.1 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added AUS SM-G900I support up to latest 5.0.0 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Added DUOS SM-G900FD support up to latest 5.0.0 inc stock boot/recovery images
    +Updated any build selection to support future Android 6 builds [root]
    +Toolkit checks needed files at startup and downloads automatically if missing
    +Added link to Sam Firmware downloader in download section for faster download
    +Rewrote all root procedures for better user interaction
    +Updated all installable apk apps to latest versions
    +Updated apk backup routines to support newer builds properly
    +Updated text in routines and added more error control in routines
    +Main exe files now digitally signed with skipsoft ltd certificate
    +Bug fixes

If you want to donate to a device module to receive the pro updates please do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or at http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast.

Enjoy, Mark.