[Q] How to trick LG FlashTool into thinking I have a different LG G2?

Search This thread

jumpman6235

May 13, 2008
I have a sprint LG G2, LG flashtool thinks its a T-mobile LG G2. It previosuly had a mixed rom of sprint+T-mobile (to use it as a GSM device). Is there a way to manually change my model in LG flashtool so it accepts the sprint .dll and .TOT

jumpman6235

May 13, 2008
Anyone? I flashed the T-Mobile stock .TOT and now the phone is very unstable. It keeps rebooting every couple minutes and will not turn off

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I have a sprint LG G2, LG flashtool thinks its a T-mobile LG G2. It previosuly had a mixed rom of sprint+T-mobile (to use it as a GSM device). Is there a way to manually change my model in LG flashtool so it accepts the sprint .dll and .TOT

you can try editing build.prop in pc with notepad++ to say it's model is ls980 and then try and see if you can flash?

jumpman6235

May 13, 2008
you can try editing build.prop in pc with notepad++ to say it's model is ls980 and then try and see if you can flash?

I GOT IT!!! I kept trying and finally was able root and pull build.prop with ADB. I found a sprint LG G2 build.prop here on XDA, I pushed that one on the phone and then went into download mode and flashed sprint .tot and .dll with LG Flashtool. Thanks man!!!!

maloma99

Jan 24, 2011
Just tried using that dll you provided in combo with the sprint .tot im getting this error message:

the phone may be borked for good?

I can help you. I need original dll for your phone. i made some changrs and you flash your g2 with tot method. Read my post on 4PDA. I am from Ukraine. Sorry for my english.
if you still need the help - write in private message.