[ROM][dumpling][10.0.X] LineageOS 17.1 (Q) for Oneplus 5T

Search This thread

junesoo

Oct 26, 2018
Alright guys, here's a first round of comments after having tried it in the last 5 hours.

1. Flashing TWRP
I had problem flashing latest codex's twrp: twrp-3.3.1-20190908-0-codeworkx-signed-forcedecrypt-dumpling.img
It gave me seg fault, so I tried codex's twrp-3.3.1-1-20190713-codeworkx-dumpling.img

2. Setting up
I managed to succesfully flash LineageOS, but I can't seem to get past through the setup process with gapps installed, so I had to go through the setup process without gapps then flash gapps after.

3. Root
I am a big fan of Magisk, but unfortunately flashing Magisk v19.4 got me stuck in booting. I usually did fingerprint spoofing through magisk module, so thus far, I cannot get my safetynet check passed. Which means no Google Pay, but I don't use it anyway.
Also I usually apply DotFix for GCam through Magisk, so I had to give up my camera too, not too much a drama since I don't take pictures anyway.

4. Encryption
Good thing is this unofficial release does have encryption if I set up lock pattern. However, my TWRP can't seems to decrypt it. I treid both twrp-3.3.1-1-20190713-codeworkx-dumpling.img and BluSpark's latest TWRP but to no avail. This means everytime I need to flash something, I'll have to remove my lock.

5. In phone quirks
After setting up my phone for a few hours, I found out a few small issues such as
* Not able to unlock screen with fingerprint - Suddenly magically working
* Digital Wellbeing not working and sometimes pop up saying that it crashes (possibly from beta gapps)
* Circle battery not working :crying:
* Battery percentage not showing
* I can't change accent colour, it defaults to the grey-ish colour

6. The awesomeness
These are the things I have found thus far working for me:
* The new gesture! Wohoo!
* Double tap to wake! God bless that feature!
* Full Dark theme! Finally!
* Alert slider!
* WearOS
* Long press power for torch! Yay!
* Network speed indicator!

Edit:
How rude of me for not showing appreciation to codeworkx's work!

A big thank you to codeworkx for all his hardwork and effor for the community! You are much loved by everyone here man! May this year and every future years always be a blast for you!

Update:
My fingerprint unlock suddenly magically worked!

Last edited:

alogim

Dec 19, 2016
I am trying this. Following the example of junesoo above, I will explain my problems:

1. Flashing TWRP
I already had TWRP 3.3.1 by blu_spark and I did not have to flash any recovery.

2. Setting up
I sideloaded LineageOS first, then Pico OpenGapps, and finally Magisk v19.5, but it kept bootlooping. I tried again with just LineageOS and Pico OpenGApps and that worked. It just crashed in the Setup screen, but a reboot fixed the problem.

3. Root
I am a big fan of Magisk as well, but unfortunately flashing Magisk v19.5 got me stuck in booting.

4. Encryption
Good thing is this unofficial release does have encryption if I set up lock pattern. My TWRP seems to decrypt it without problems. It is TWRP 3.3.1-x | blu_spark v9.101.

5. In phone quirks
I can confirm that
* Digital Wellbeing is not working
* Circle battery is not working
* Battery percentage is not showing
* I can't change accent colour, since the only available one is the default one

I had problems finding the navigation bar settings, in fact it is not shown in the settings, I had to click on one of the entries listed when searching for navigation in the settings search bar. The launcher has a weird search bar on top, which I am not able neither to move nor to disable. I cannot even use it to search at all, seems weird.

But all the rest seems to be working fine! Thank you codeworkx!

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

4. Encryption
Good thing is this unofficial release does have encryption if I set up lock pattern. However, my TWRP can't seems to decrypt it. I treid both twrp-3.3.1-1-20190713-codeworkx-dumpling.img and BluSpark's latest TWRP but to no avail. This means everytime I need to flash something, I'll have to remove my lock.
Try and use TWRP 3.3.1-x | blu_spark v9.101, it works just fine for me.

Reactions: junesoo and vipsms

junesoo

Oct 26, 2018
I tried again with just LineageOS and Pico OpenGApps and that worked. It just crashed in the Setup screen, but a reboot fixed the problem.

That's weird, I could never get past setup screen if I have gapps even after a few reboot.

The launcher has a weird search bar on top, which I am not able neither to move nor to disable.

Yeah I forgot to mention that too. It will however turned into Google Search bar if you have Google app installed. Which I had to because Wear OS requires it.

Also additional note: I usually set the display size to 'smaller' which is equivalent to 514 dp smallest width in dev settings. The new Quickstep launcher doesn't seem to adapt like how LOS 16.0's Trebuchet launcher would increase number of column and rows.

Ideally I'd like to be able to configure number of rows and columns, but I'll get over it.

Try and use TWRP 3.3.1-x | blu_spark v9.101, it works just fine for me.

Awesome! If bluspark's twrp works, I'll use that.

Update #2 here we go:
1. Phone got stuck in un-decryptable state
I noticed there was canary build of magisk v19.5 yesterday and before knowing bluspark's twrp can decrypt, I attempted to remove my pattern lock so I can try and flash magisk. Unfortunately, my phone crashed in the process of removing the lockscreen and for some reason it got into inconsistent state where it is still encrypted but my phone thinks it doesn't need to decrypt (not asking for pattern unlock), so I lost everything there and had to start over.

2. Not encrypting
So I finally decided to not encrypt my phone at all since it's a bit unstable to change lock and risk losing everything again. Then I did a clean flash of LineageOS, flashed no verity, set it up, flashed gapps pico, then magisk v19.5. All seems to work fine! I didn't see any boot loop issue like the one @alogim encountered.

3. Magisk modules
My own custom magisk module that I have been using to spoof device fingerprint to pass safetynet check didn't work, it ended up in boot loop instead. I also tried Didgeridoohan's magiskhidepropsconfig from https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228 also ended up in boot loop. Any effort to spoof device fingerprint either not working or ended up in boot loop. Still no google pay, netflix or anything that requires safetynet.
Flashing gcam's dotfix seems to have no issue, but urnyx's gcam crashes on me, so still no camera.
All in all, none of my usual magisk modules seems to either can't be confirmed working or not working at all.

4. Substratum
Since I finally got magisk installed, I went to try substratum, but unfortunately the theme I have been using is not working at all. The installation says it's succesfull but nothing is shown as installed after a reboot.

unkdirkpitt

Oct 18, 2016
Happy to see this rom!

I have one question though, I've noticed video playback isn't working in any app. This includes facebook, Instagram, youtube, the camera app ect. Is anyone else experiencing this?

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

I noticed that someone said they had issues with the fingerprint sensor not working. It was said that restarting the systemui helped on another rom. I tried this and my fingerprint unlock started working.

In a terminal I did the following.
su [press enter]

pkill -TERM -f com.android.systemui [press enter]

Your screen will go black for a second and it will come back up pretty quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsandun

dsandun

Aug 14, 2017
Happy to see this rom!

I have one question though, I've noticed video playback isn't working in any app. This includes facebook, Instagram, youtube, the camera app ect. Is anyone else experiencing this?

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

I noticed that someone said they had issues with the fingerprint sensor not working. It was said that restarting the systemui helped on another rom. I tried this and my fingerprint unlock started working.

In a terminal I did the following.

Your screen will go black for a second and it will come back up pretty quick.

Thank You, It's working now !! :good::good::good:

thel4zyman

Oct 12, 2019
OnePlus 8
I can't install Gapps. When i choose the ARM64, it tells me, that the architecture is wrong. And when i try to install the ARM version, then the gapps will not be installed.
Can someone link me the correct version of the Gapps? Thanks.

lawwd_have_merci

Mar 12, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Still did the same thing so tried today's build of crdroid which worked...only problem is Magisk hide for Netflix and Google Play but aren't needed immediately

try this.. clean flash rom without gapps, start, set up but but just to get into the rom ie no wifi, no mobile data, no pin/fingerprint etc, and once ure in, reboot, flash gapps, reboot, let it run properly. after that, reboot, flash magisk etc, and that should he it.

ps, magisk has a new update. v20 i velieve

Last edited:

akincakiner

Jun 12, 2016
I would love to flash this software but I have question before doing this,
I am running Oxygen OS BETA 33, will this flashing work or do I need to go back to stable?

acrylic

Jul 19, 2009
When trying to play videos (YouTube app or web in Chrome beta), the players always get stuck at the circle loading screen. Won't play under any circumstance.
Edit: no video playback at all. No matter what app or website.

Also, no adblock method seems to work.

Last edited:

timmy122

Jan 29, 2014
Error 7

I'm getting error 7 after trying to flash this, i have already tried to install the last twrp and from codex or the official, but this does not work. Is there anyone who could help me with this or link me with a good twrp which should work?

EDIT:
Was getting error 7 because i had the latest BETA version of oxygenOS, i had to flash the newest official build, and then flash this. It actually flashed but got sent back to twrp after "boot"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

SCREENSHOTS

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.
    This thread is not the right place to discuss about mods/addons.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Make sure your phone was running OxygenOS 5.1.4 at least once
    - Remove custom encryption pins/passwords else decryption will fail!
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPGRADE LINEAGEOS FROM LOWER VERSION
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it was installed on your previous LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 17.0: Official | Unofficial
    Firmware: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cheeseburgerdumplings/files/17.1/dumpling/firmware/
    Migration-Tools: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    SU-Addon: Official | Unofficial
    Google Apps: http://opengapps.org/ | BETA
    TWRP: TWRP by codeworkx | Official

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_dumpling
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?
    Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

TELEGRAM GROUP
    https://t.me/joinchat/GQS-ghNaf-1YMpjSbh_puQ
    Alright guys, here's a first round of comments after having tried it in the last 5 hours.

1. Flashing TWRP
    I had problem flashing latest codex's twrp: twrp-3.3.1-20190908-0-codeworkx-signed-forcedecrypt-dumpling.img
    It gave me seg fault, so I tried codex's twrp-3.3.1-1-20190713-codeworkx-dumpling.img

2. Setting up
    I managed to succesfully flash LineageOS, but I can't seem to get past through the setup process with gapps installed, so I had to go through the setup process without gapps then flash gapps after.

3. Root
    I am a big fan of Magisk, but unfortunately flashing Magisk v19.4 got me stuck in booting. I usually did fingerprint spoofing through magisk module, so thus far, I cannot get my safetynet check passed. Which means no Google Pay, but I don't use it anyway.
    Also I usually apply DotFix for GCam through Magisk, so I had to give up my camera too, not too much a drama since I don't take pictures anyway.

4. Encryption

5. In phone quirks
    After setting up my phone for a few hours, I found out a few small issues such as
    * Not able to unlock screen with fingerprint - Suddenly magically working
    * Digital Wellbeing not working and sometimes pop up saying that it crashes (possibly from beta gapps)
    * Circle battery not working :crying:
    * Battery percentage not showing
    * I can't change accent colour, it defaults to the grey-ish colour

6. The awesomeness
    These are the things I have found thus far working for me:
    * The new gesture! Wohoo!
    * Double tap to wake! God bless that feature!
    * Full Dark theme! Finally!
    * Alert slider!
    * WearOS
    * Long press power for torch! Yay!
    * Network speed indicator!

Edit:
    How rude of me for not showing appreciation to codeworkx's work!

A big thank you to codeworkx for all his hardwork and effor for the community! You are much loved by everyone here man! May this year and every future years always be a blast for you!

Update:
    My fingerprint unlock suddenly magically worked!
    uploading new build...
    [New Build up]

Fixed no sound via wired earphones
    ... Hope so !
    ==> Add missing paths from OOS (Thx Alexander Brunswig !) ... https://github.com/DerpFest-Ten/dev...mmit/b326611d97ebd778626914423b2a87ba9c797938

lineage-17.1-20200821-UNOFFICIAL-dumpling.zip

Built LOS 17.1 for OnePlus 5T.
    The build requires the latest firmware (10.0.0-H1).
    The device, kernel, vendor trees are from crDroid.
    More information here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83283907&postcount=314

All credit goes to LineageOS team, crDroid team, @codeworkx and @neobuddy89.