[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+]App Settings v1.10 (2014-08-13)

Search This thread

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
Xposed module: App Settings v1.10

What it is
This is an Xposed module that allows changing generic settings on a per-app basis.
"Generic settings" means settings that are global to all applications, such as: perceived DPI, rotation behavior, fullscreen, etc.; full list is below.
These are settings that can in principle be applied to all packages, even if for some it might not produce any effects.
Not to be confused with app-specific settings. If it's something that only app Y or Z needs changing, chances are it won't belong in this module.

What the mod CAN do
Here's the list of settings that can be defined for each target package:
- DPI: Changes the DPI used by this app both when loading resources (some might be DPI-specific) and also when rendering them.
- Font Scale: Scales the font up or down, similarly to the system-wide "Font Size" setting.
- Screen dimensions: Affects the resources loaded by the app in case it bundles different ones for different screen sizes; use the "List Res." button to get some hints on the kind of alternatives the app might have for different resolutions.
- xlarge qualifier for resources: also affects alternate resources used by the apps (tipically for tablets / devices with big screens); see previous item.
-Apply res to widgets: normally, resources are only manipulated when being loaded by the application itself. If this is activated, they will also be manipulated when loaded by other apps, which is the typical situation when a Launcher presents widgets from other apps.
- Locale: the language used by the app for loading resources, formatting numbers and dates, etc.; you can use this for apps that do include translations but don't give you an option of using a different language than your global one.
- Fullscreen: you can force an app to always use fullscreen (hiding the statusbar only, not the navigation bar for devices that have it) or never use it; on KitKat Immersive mode can also be activated.
- No title: hides the title bar, gaining more space for the actual contents. Note that many apps might crash if they're relying on some elements of the titlebar to be there.
- Keep screen on: If set, the screen won't dim or turn off after the inactivity period whenever this app is on the foreground. Remember not to put the device on your pocket with the app active.
- Show when locked: Display this app's screen on top of the lockscreen, without requiring e.g. the PIN to be entered (dangerous). Note that you'll have to find a way (somewhere else) to open the app from the lockscreen, depending on the kind of app.
- Resident in memory: If set, the system will try much harder to keep the app in memory even when you leave it. It might make the app more responsive when reopening but will also consume more RAM, possibly slowing down the overall system.
- No fullscreen IME: prevents the keyboard from taking up the entire fullscreen when in landscape mode.
- Orientation: Override the orientation settings build into the app. You can force "normal behavior" (rotate according to the device settings, even if the developer hardcoded a specific orientation), "always portrait", "always landscape" or "force auto" (use the sensors even if the auto-rotate system setting is off). Additional options exist for forced reversing the portrait or landscape orientations, use the sensor so they can be inverted by tilting the device, 4-way rotation, and forced rotation but respecting the user setting (locked / auto-rotate).
- Insistent notifications: If active, the sounds used by any of the app's raised notifications will loop endlessly. Danger of depleting the battery (and annoying crowds) if you're not around when it starts playing the sound.
- No big notifications: Prevent notifications to have an alternate layout for the "expanded" mode; it will always be collapsed and can't even be expanded manually
- Ongoing notifications: Force or prevent notifications from the app to be marked as Ongoing (non dismissable)
- Notifications priority: This is the relative importance of the notifications and, depending on the ROM, influence the visibility of their icons on the statusbar, their order on the list, etc.
- Show in recents: You can prevent the app from showing on the Recents list, or force it to appear.
- Mute audio: Prevents all sound from being played from the app. If videos are played, they will be muted. (this doesn't work for all apps, due to technical limitations on the system)
- Force legacy menu button: For devices that don't have a physical menu button, menu entries will usually appear on the far right of the Action Bar. With this option, the 3-dot button will be displayed on the navbar and the menu options will appear there.
- Revoke permissions: selectively block permissions requested by the app. Needless to say, depending on the permission and the app, it's very likely that it will start failing; don't expect revoking INTERNET or READ_CONTACTS and having the apps continuing to work every time - most of them will fail unless the developer anticipated this kind of permission denials

Some of the features that help you manage the settings for each app:
Search / filter apps
- by name or package
- by type (user/system)
- by state (enabled/disabled)
- by applied settings: global state, overridden or unchanged state for each setting
Shortcuts for app actions on the main list or on the individual settings screen
- launch app (main launcher activity)
- go to system settings screen (uninstall, clear data, ...)
- Play Store link (if applicable)
Display list of recent apps and jump directly to their configuration
The app can be killed when saving settings, so they can take effect immediately after relaunch instead of requiring a reboot.

What the mod CAN'T / WON'T do
The settings you can define for each app won't add functionality that simply isn't there, such as:
- adding tablet / large screen layouts
- using languages for which no resources are included in the app
- display "properly" in portrait or landscape mode
- operate flawlessly on top of the lockscreen
- keep working as expected (whatever that means to you) even after you revoke permissions
Not only these would be not possible to implement in an app-independent way, it's also beyond the scope of this particular module.

If you're familiar with the Xposed Framework, you're probably aware that lots of things can be tweaked or added to specific apps.
However, unless it's:
- generic behavior that can be applied to most apps
- relatively easy to implement
then don't bother requesting App Settings to provide it.
If it does obey these 2 conditions, then by all means suggest it (preferably with code contributions / pull requests).

Installation
Requirements:
- Xposed Framework 2.2 or newer; 2.6 or newer starting with AppSettings 1.9
- ICS (4.0.3) or newer (up to 4.4); this is not only a requirement for the framework, but also for this module due to the hooked APIs

Download:
The installation can be performed from within Xposed Framework by browsing the repository and finding the "App Settings" entry. Any updates will also appear there.
Alternatively, the repository entry can be browsed directly at http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.appsettings

Usage of this thread
This thread serves primarily to publish updates to the module, report bugs and suggest or discuss new features (user or developer-wise).

You can also use it to share and discuss your experiences with tweaking specific apps (e.g. resources settings, revoked permissions, etc.) - but I must warn that you should not expect feedback from me on that matter.
Quite frankly, I'm not that much of a smartphone heavy user, and I'm not willing to install loads of apps on my device in order to experiment and achieve ideal configurations for *you* to use. That's what the community is here for, though :) so feel free to discuss this on the thread.

Screenshots
Some images showing: main apps list; settings panel for an individual app; list of resources bundled in an app; editing permissions to revoke; menu with actions for an app; filtering by settings; filtering by permissions used.
apps_list.png
app_settings.png
app_resources.png
app_permissions.png
app_menu.png
filter.png
search_permissions.png

Development
Authors: @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty
Sources: https://github.com/rovo89/XposedAppSettings
History: The foundations of this module were created by @rovo89 as a hidden feature within his Tweakbox module, which was the first daily-use mod taking advantage of the (then new) Xposed framework and somewhat of a showcase for it. By directly editing the xml settings file, it was possible to change the dpi, screen dimensions and language for an app's loaded resources.
Eventually it got promoted to its own standalone mod once a minimal UI was built to edit the configuration and more and more settings were added. It was promoted and discussed on @pulser_g2's Making Stock Custom ROMs Defunct thread and the repository he was kind enough to setup and administer some time ago.
Since it's been pretty stable for a while - both in robustness and in expected update frequency - and Xposed Framework now has repository functionality, it has come the time to create a dedicated thread for this and also bump the version to 1.x with the latest added features.

Last edited:

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
Releases

Version 1.10 (2014-08-13)

New features:
- Force or prevent ongoing notifications (thanks to @GermainZ)
- Add orientation options that respect user setting (locked / auto-rotate)
- Menu option to show recent apps and jump to their configuration
- Menu option to refresh list of apps
- Filter packages by state (enabled / disabled) (thanks to @liudongmiao)

Changes:
- Also mute notifications if Mute Audio is active
- Reuse previous settings for main options when reopening the filter dialog
- Hide Big Notifications setting on ICS since it doesn't apply (thanks to @liudongmiao)
- Do not require reboot to apply No Fullscreen IME setting

Bugfixes:
- Fix DPI not loading on some devices if SystemUI setting is active (thanks to zst123)

New or updated translations:
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Russian
- Slovak
- Spanish

Version 1.9 (2014-05-14)

New features:
- Adjust statusbar and navbar dimensions when SystemUI's DPI is changed
- Allow using resource options also on widgets, where the app's (changed) resources are loaded by another app
- Override notifications priority

Changes:
- Altered the way resources are manipulated so it works with version 2.6 of the framework
- Requires XposedBridge version 52 or above

Bugfixes:
- Fix immersive mode error on some ROMs

- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- German
- Hungarian
- Japanese
- Slovak

Version 1.8 (2014-04-13)

New features:
- Mute audio (will not work on some apps)
- Allow forcing or excluding app from recents screen (thanks to @GermainZ)
- Force use of legacy (navbar) menu button
- Disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
- Additional options for Orientation

Changes:
- Improved detection of changed items when closing the settings to avoid prompting if nothing is different
- Adjusted toolbar icons on main screen
- Removed unneeded implementation of the CmdInit hook

Bugfixes:
- Enforce hiding the navigation bar in immersive mode, working around Android bug (thanks to @rovo89)
- Fix incorrect orientation code used in certain situations

- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Czech
- French
- German
- Greek
- Japanese
- Korean
- Slovak

Version 1.7.1 (2013-12-15)

- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Japanese
- Slovakian

Version 1.7 (2013-12-15)

New features:
- Added immersive mode to the fullscreen setting on KitKat (thanks to @MohammadAG)

Changes:
- Workaround to enable DPI changes for SystemUI on KitKat (thanks to @rovo89)
- Smooth scrolling for the app list (thanks to @Dzakus)
- Enforce keeping the screen on even if the app tries to change it (e.g. Maps)

Bugfixes:
- Fix settings not readable after initial import with no active configurations

Version 1.6 (2013-11-26)

New features:
- Support for Android 4.4
- Import / Export settings (backup file is AppSettings-Backup.xml on the sdcard root)

Changes:
- Enforce the selected orientation even if the app tries to change it

- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Japanese
- Slovakian

Version 1.5 (2013-09-08)

New features:
- Fullscreen can now be forced or prevented
- Prevent apps from displaying big / expanded notifications
- Allow revoking permissions to shared package (experimental)
- Display menu when long-pressing items on the app list

Changes:
- Reorder filter dialog entries to match settings screen
- Use resources for all displayed text in order to support translations
- Only display warning if the module is not active
- Restore permissions of settings file when "fix permissions" scripts mess them up
- React to SEARCH key

Bugfixes:
- Fix issue with Maps not zooming under Xposed 2.2 when some screen dimensions are selected
- Insistent notifications weren't producing effects in some situations

Last edited:

egingell

Apr 10, 2012
blog.sophielabuf.com
Version 1.5 (2013-09-08)

New features:

Changes:
- Restore permissions of settings file when "fix permissions" scripts mess them up
- React to SEARCH key

Bugfixes:
- Fix issue with Maps not zooming under Xposed 2.2 when some screen dimensions are selected

Ooo... Prevent full screen. :good:
I also noticed a significant improvement in load time as it's not scanning the entire list of apps every time. Also :good: :)
Edit: And my smaller screen size apps (Screen (dp)) don't look funny anymore. :good:

Edit: Also I thought this already had its own thread.

Last edited:

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
Individual brightness

Thanks for this fantastic module!
This Must Have and great module has now finally its own thread, it's perfect! :good:
Not much to say ... Smart, easy, effective, nice update ...

I have only one wish:
Is it possible to add individual brightness?
3 choices:
- System default setting (checked by default)
- Auto brightness
- Individual level
I think that would be great!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: marlonjoa

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
The settings you can define for each app won't add functionality that simply isn't there, such as:
- keep working as expected (whatever that means to you) even after you revoke permissions
Not only these would be not possible to implement in an app-independent way, it's also beyond the scope of this particular module.

I guess it is a good thing I didn't ask you about tabletui... :eek:

Thanks for the update!

Reactions: marlonjoa

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar
It requires restart application to take effect. Close application from task manager and restart again.

sent from my GT-N7100. Press thanks if I helped..

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Tried that no luck cuz I even restart the phone which would close the app all together. I will try again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
Im on a 4.3 rom if that has anything to do with it, but the setting dot take effect at all ?
Check the "About" panel. Do you see red text with "Note: ..."? If yes, then the module isn't running; activate it on XposedInstaller and reboot.

Otherwise, when saving the settings for an app (you're pressing the save button, right?) answer YES to the prompt on whether to kill the app or not, so that the settings take effect the next time it's started.
There's only a couple of exceptions for special packages which do require a reboot, such as "android" (obviously) and perhaps SystemUI (which might cause system hangs or not close at all)

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Check the "About" panel. Do you see red text with "Note: ..."? If yes, then the module isn't running; activate it on XposedInstaller and reboot.

Otherwise, when saving the settings for an app (you're pressing the save button, right?) answer YES to the prompt on whether to kill the app or not, so that the settings take effect the next time it's started.
There's only a couple of exceptions for special packages which do require a reboot, such as "android" (obviously) and perhaps SystemUI (which might cause system hangs or not close at all)

Yeah I'm doing everything right I've used this many a time before and had this issue with older versions. I know there was something I had to do with permissions which solved problem but I forgot.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Yeah I'm doing everything right I've used this many a time before and had this issue with older versions. I know there was something I had to do with permissions which solved problem but I forgot.

I even had to push to system apps using root explorer set permissions rebooted and all was fine. But can't remember exactly

MBariya

Mar 1, 2012
Jamnagar
Have u installed xposed framework 2.2?
2.2 supports 4.3.

sent from my GT-N7100. Press thanks if I helped..

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Yes I have all installed properly.

brotbuexe

Apr 16, 2009
Great Module.

I use it to change the locale of google now to my native language without having to change the system language too. Without this app google now would never talk with me in my native language.

A feature request:

Some apps (at least "Unicon" or "Lux") have the ability to show Notifications without showing a icon in the statusbar. Would it be possible to force this for other apps too with app settings? The notification should be in the list but without a icon in the statusbar.

Reactions: tulse

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
I use it to change the locale of google now to my native language without having to change the system language too. Without this app google now would never talk with me in my native language.
Same here :)
I like all my systems (PC, phone, etc.) in English language, but there are some apps like Maps or Local News that need to be changed in order to provide local contents or audio

A feature request:

Some apps (at least "Unicon" or "Lux") have the ability to show Notifications without showing a icon in the statusbar. Would it be possible to force this for other apps too with app settings? The notification should be in the list but without a icon in the statusbar.
Apparently this seems to be possible on JB 4.1 and above: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2855110/android-no-icon-for-notification
I'll add this to the wishlist.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed module: App Settings v1.10

What it is
    This is an Xposed module that allows changing generic settings on a per-app basis.
    "Generic settings" means settings that are global to all applications, such as: perceived DPI, rotation behavior, fullscreen, etc.; full list is below.
    These are settings that can in principle be applied to all packages, even if for some it might not produce any effects.
    Not to be confused with app-specific settings. If it's something that only app Y or Z needs changing, chances are it won't belong in this module.

What the mod CAN do
    Here's the list of settings that can be defined for each target package:
    - DPI: Changes the DPI used by this app both when loading resources (some might be DPI-specific) and also when rendering them.
    - Font Scale: Scales the font up or down, similarly to the system-wide "Font Size" setting.
    - Screen dimensions: Affects the resources loaded by the app in case it bundles different ones for different screen sizes; use the "List Res." button to get some hints on the kind of alternatives the app might have for different resolutions.
    - xlarge qualifier for resources: also affects alternate resources used by the apps (tipically for tablets / devices with big screens); see previous item.
    -Apply res to widgets: normally, resources are only manipulated when being loaded by the application itself. If this is activated, they will also be manipulated when loaded by other apps, which is the typical situation when a Launcher presents widgets from other apps.
    - Locale: the language used by the app for loading resources, formatting numbers and dates, etc.; you can use this for apps that do include translations but don't give you an option of using a different language than your global one.
    - Fullscreen: you can force an app to always use fullscreen (hiding the statusbar only, not the navigation bar for devices that have it) or never use it; on KitKat Immersive mode can also be activated.
    - No title: hides the title bar, gaining more space for the actual contents. Note that many apps might crash if they're relying on some elements of the titlebar to be there.
    - Keep screen on: If set, the screen won't dim or turn off after the inactivity period whenever this app is on the foreground. Remember not to put the device on your pocket with the app active.
    - Show when locked: Display this app's screen on top of the lockscreen, without requiring e.g. the PIN to be entered (dangerous). Note that you'll have to find a way (somewhere else) to open the app from the lockscreen, depending on the kind of app.
    - Resident in memory: If set, the system will try much harder to keep the app in memory even when you leave it. It might make the app more responsive when reopening but will also consume more RAM, possibly slowing down the overall system.
    - No fullscreen IME: prevents the keyboard from taking up the entire fullscreen when in landscape mode.
    - Orientation: Override the orientation settings build into the app. You can force "normal behavior" (rotate according to the device settings, even if the developer hardcoded a specific orientation), "always portrait", "always landscape" or "force auto" (use the sensors even if the auto-rotate system setting is off). Additional options exist for forced reversing the portrait or landscape orientations, use the sensor so they can be inverted by tilting the device, 4-way rotation, and forced rotation but respecting the user setting (locked / auto-rotate).
    - Insistent notifications: If active, the sounds used by any of the app's raised notifications will loop endlessly. Danger of depleting the battery (and annoying crowds) if you're not around when it starts playing the sound.
    - No big notifications: Prevent notifications to have an alternate layout for the "expanded" mode; it will always be collapsed and can't even be expanded manually
    - Ongoing notifications: Force or prevent notifications from the app to be marked as Ongoing (non dismissable)
    - Notifications priority: This is the relative importance of the notifications and, depending on the ROM, influence the visibility of their icons on the statusbar, their order on the list, etc.
    - Show in recents: You can prevent the app from showing on the Recents list, or force it to appear.
    - Mute audio: Prevents all sound from being played from the app. If videos are played, they will be muted. (this doesn't work for all apps, due to technical limitations on the system)
    - Force legacy menu button: For devices that don't have a physical menu button, menu entries will usually appear on the far right of the Action Bar. With this option, the 3-dot button will be displayed on the navbar and the menu options will appear there.
    - Revoke permissions: selectively block permissions requested by the app. Needless to say, depending on the permission and the app, it's very likely that it will start failing; don't expect revoking INTERNET or READ_CONTACTS and having the apps continuing to work every time - most of them will fail unless the developer anticipated this kind of permission denials

Some of the features that help you manage the settings for each app:
    Search / filter apps
    - by name or package
    - by type (user/system)
    - by state (enabled/disabled)
    - by applied settings: global state, overridden or unchanged state for each setting
    Shortcuts for app actions on the main list or on the individual settings screen
    - launch app (main launcher activity)
    - go to system settings screen (uninstall, clear data, ...)
    - Play Store link (if applicable)
    Display list of recent apps and jump directly to their configuration
    The app can be killed when saving settings, so they can take effect immediately after relaunch instead of requiring a reboot.

If you're familiar with the Xposed Framework, you're probably aware that lots of things can be tweaked or added to specific apps.
    However, unless it's:
    - generic behavior that can be applied to most apps
    - relatively easy to implement
    then don't bother requesting App Settings to provide it.
    If it does obey these 2 conditions, then by all means suggest it (preferably with code contributions / pull requests).

Installation
    Requirements:
    - Xposed Framework 2.2 or newer; 2.6 or newer starting with AppSettings 1.9
    - ICS (4.0.3) or newer (up to 4.4); this is not only a requirement for the framework, but also for this module due to the hooked APIs

Download:
    The installation can be performed from within Xposed Framework by browsing the repository and finding the "App Settings" entry. Any updates will also appear there.
    Alternatively, the repository entry can be browsed directly at http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.mods.appsettings

Usage of this thread
    This thread serves primarily to publish updates to the module, report bugs and suggest or discuss new features (user or developer-wise).

You can also use it to share and discuss your experiences with tweaking specific apps (e.g. resources settings, revoked permissions, etc.) - but I must warn that you should not expect feedback from me on that matter.
    Quite frankly, I'm not that much of a smartphone heavy user, and I'm not willing to install loads of apps on my device in order to experiment and achieve ideal configurations for *you* to use. That's what the community is here for, though :) so feel free to discuss this on the thread.

Screenshots
    Some images showing: main apps list; settings panel for an individual app; list of resources bundled in an app; editing permissions to revoke; menu with actions for an app; filtering by settings; filtering by permissions used.
    apps_list.png
    app_settings.png
    app_resources.png
    app_permissions.png
    app_menu.png
    filter.png
    search_permissions.png

Development
    Authors: @rovo89 and @Tungstwenty
    Sources: https://github.com/rovo89/XposedAppSettings
    History: The foundations of this module were created by @rovo89 as a hidden feature within his Tweakbox module, which was the first daily-use mod taking advantage of the (then new) Xposed framework and somewhat of a showcase for it. By directly editing the xml settings file, it was possible to change the dpi, screen dimensions and language for an app's loaded resources.
    Eventually it got promoted to its own standalone mod once a minimal UI was built to edit the configuration and more and more settings were added. It was promoted and discussed on @pulser_g2's Making Stock Custom ROMs Defunct thread and the repository he was kind enough to setup and administer some time ago.
    Since it's been pretty stable for a while - both in robustness and in expected update frequency - and Xposed Framework now has repository functionality, it has come the time to create a dedicated thread for this and also bump the version to 1.x with the latest added features.
    Okey, I did it:

- Support for M (Confirmed, it works)
    - New resolutions (1920x1080, 2560x1440)

Source code is attached too...

Here is my Paypal in case someone wants to say thank you or so :)
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6NTYA2HMPQHVW
    Tesf version for 5.1
    Although some features work without changes, some others needed changes. I have made some corrections, but don't have the original certificate that would needed to enable updates. My APK is attached, but you will need to uninstall the old version first.
    Releases

Version 1.10 (2014-08-13)

New features:
    - Force or prevent ongoing notifications (thanks to @GermainZ)
    - Add orientation options that respect user setting (locked / auto-rotate)
    - Menu option to show recent apps and jump to their configuration
    - Menu option to refresh list of apps
    - Filter packages by state (enabled / disabled) (thanks to @liudongmiao)

Changes:
    - Also mute notifications if Mute Audio is active
    - Reuse previous settings for main options when reopening the filter dialog
    - Hide Big Notifications setting on ICS since it doesn't apply (thanks to @liudongmiao)
    - Do not require reboot to apply No Fullscreen IME setting

Bugfixes:
    - Fix DPI not loading on some devices if SystemUI setting is active (thanks to zst123)

- Chinese (Traditional)
    - Russian
    - Slovak
    - Spanish

Version 1.9 (2014-05-14)

New features:
    - Adjust statusbar and navbar dimensions when SystemUI's DPI is changed
    - Allow using resource options also on widgets, where the app's (changed) resources are loaded by another app
    - Override notifications priority

Changes:
    - Altered the way resources are manipulated so it works with version 2.6 of the framework
    - Requires XposedBridge version 52 or above

Bugfixes:
    - Fix immersive mode error on some ROMs

- Chinese (Simplified)
    - Chinese (Traditional)
    - German
    - Hungarian
    - Japanese
    - Slovak

Version 1.8 (2014-04-13)

New features:
    - Mute audio (will not work on some apps)
    - Allow forcing or excluding app from recents screen (thanks to @GermainZ)
    - Force use of legacy (navbar) menu button
    - Disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
    - Additional options for Orientation

Changes:
    - Improved detection of changed items when closing the settings to avoid prompting if nothing is different
    - Adjusted toolbar icons on main screen
    - Removed unneeded implementation of the CmdInit hook

Bugfixes:
    - Enforce hiding the navigation bar in immersive mode, working around Android bug (thanks to @rovo89)
    - Fix incorrect orientation code used in certain situations

- Chinese (Simplified)
    - Chinese (Traditional)
    - Czech
    - French
    - German
    - Greek
    - Japanese
    - Korean
    - Slovak

Version 1.7.1 (2013-12-15)

- Brazilian Portuguese
    - Chinese (Simplified)
    - Chinese (Traditional)
    - Japanese
    - Slovakian

Version 1.7 (2013-12-15)

New features:
    - Added immersive mode to the fullscreen setting on KitKat (thanks to @MohammadAG)

Changes:
    - Workaround to enable DPI changes for SystemUI on KitKat (thanks to @rovo89)
    - Smooth scrolling for the app list (thanks to @Dzakus)
    - Enforce keeping the screen on even if the app tries to change it (e.g. Maps)

Bugfixes:
    - Fix settings not readable after initial import with no active configurations

Version 1.6 (2013-11-26)

New features:
    - Support for Android 4.4
    - Import / Export settings (backup file is AppSettings-Backup.xml on the sdcard root)

Changes:
    - Enforce the selected orientation even if the app tries to change it

- Brazilian Portuguese
    - Chinese (Simplified)
    - Japanese
    - Slovakian

Version 1.5 (2013-09-08)

New features:

Changes:
    - React to SEARCH key

Bugfixes: