5G in the UK with EE

Search This thread

redesignni

May 27, 2008
Belfast
My Note 5G hasnt been able to pick up 5G on BT Mobile anywhere in Belfast despite being told where the 'Good' coverage areas are.

utsy_123

Nov 22, 2006
I've got a Note 10 + 5G that I got from EE, and I got 5G reception in Leicester this weekend just gone. Speedtest.net showed speeds of 192Mbps down and 13 Mbps up. Not 5G speeds really - maybe I need to try again next time I'm in Leicester...

Last edited:

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Keep in mind that under Settings Power Mode needs to be set at High Performance otherwise 5G is switched off. I've still not managed to get 5G on BT in London.

5G is a joke right now. The capability of 5G isnt a joke, but deployment and functionality of the actual radio waves to get it communicating with handsets is pathetic at best. They launched it waaaaaaay too early. Lets just hope it doesnt ClearWire itself (die from overhype and under development)

Reactions: jah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keep in mind that under Settings Power Mode needs to be set at High Performance otherwise 5G is switched off. I've still not managed to get 5G on BT in London.

5G is a joke right now. The capability of 5G isnt a joke, but deployment and functionality of the actual radio waves to get it communicating with handsets is pathetic at best. They launched it waaaaaaay too early. Lets just hope it doesnt ClearWire itself (die from overhype and under development)