Zerolemon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 10000mah

Search This thread

jomaxwel

Dec 2, 2009
This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Only the mod that deleted it does, this one too will get deleted im sure lol

Too bad because those other two threads had great information and reviews from the community about the mostly pros and cons of this battery.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2011
Near Seattle
This makes the phone ridiculously huge. What is the point? I guess to each their own but totally not for me. I would much rather carry a external power supply than install this on my phone.

Call me crazy but I actually prefer the extra heft. It feels less like a fragile toy in my hand and more like a military tool. The battery life is just insane, I never have to worry about it anymore whereas before I had to constantly worry about it.

sm00k

Sep 19, 2012

There few reasons as for why.
For me, I enjoy superior battery life - tweaked my bricked Note manages two days of constant screen on times - mostly with google maps in navigation mode and either some movie on other window or audiobook/music in background. That's when I don't feel like experimenting and am not running above mentioned apps with Lapse it and some or the other loger of multiple sensors build into this device.
I also enjoy fact that ZeroLemon made case for this battery a really sturdy thing - and clip-on-belt screen protector/stand is also a welcome addition.
As for external power suplies - I have two Anker Pro 14mAh powerbanks, of which one is always in my bag. I usually tinker with software on my phone and as a result of that ended few times with empty battery around noon. And because of nice coincidence, both ZL battery case and said powerbank are almost same size...so I ducttape them both for some Back to the future III feelings.

Now, it's not for everyone. Most people don't really need as much battery life as I use <that's 2x 14mAh in Anker plus 4mAh of emergency little pack and ZL 10k backpack for phone itself...that's actually more than my Alienware laptop is equipped with!> but it's nice to have option. Plus, I was using original Note with Mugen battery and can't really use my phone without decent powerpak in it.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
For me, I enjoy superior battery life - tweaked my bricked Note manages two days of constant screen on times - mostly with google maps in navigation mode and either some movie on other window or audiobook/music in background. That's when I don't feel like experimenting and am not running above mentioned apps with Lapse it and some or the other loger of multiple sensors build into this device.
I also enjoy fact that ZeroLemon made case for this battery a really sturdy thing - and clip-on-belt screen protector/stand is also a welcome addition.
As for external power suplies - I have two Anker Pro 14mAh powerbanks, of which one is always in my bag. I usually tinker with software on my phone and as a result of that ended few times with empty battery around noon. And because of nice coincidence, both ZL battery case and said powerbank are almost same size...so I ducttape them both for some Back to the future III feelings.

Now, it's not for everyone. Most people don't really need as much battery life as I use <that's 2x 14mAh in Anker plus 4mAh of emergency little pack and ZL 10k backpack for phone itself...that's actually more than my Alienware laptop is equipped with!> but it's nice to have option. Plus, I was using original Note with Mugen battery and can't really use my phone without decent powerpak in it.

I like your style! I have a 10k mah external anker battery pack but didnt think about backpacking it to the phone, i can imagine it to be very 1980's like lol

haza12d

Nov 14, 2007
Gotham
I just got mine this week and I love it. I'm already used to the weight. I love not having to charge my phone every day.

Anyone running Jasmine 2.0? If you are, how long does your battery last?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: yacine3176

Ed Murray

I ordered the ZL 10000mah battery and ZeroShock case for my new NoteIII days ago. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival so I can enjoy the added weight to the phone. I love the size, but it's simply to light for me and my hands. I have the ZL battery/case combo on my SIII and love it. I tried several batteries before the ZL battery and would never bother ordering anything else again.

Curb71

Sep 22, 2008
Los Angeles
I ordered the ZL 10000mah battery and ZeroShock case for my new NoteIII days ago. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival so I can enjoy the added weight to the phone. I love the size, but it's simply to light for me and my hands. I have the ZL battery/case combo on my SIII and love it. I tried several batteries before the ZL battery and would never bother ordering anything else again.

you can get wireless charging to work with this case? or am I reading your auto-sig wrong?

Ed Murray

Yes, but when you use an extended battery and large case like Zerolemon's, you cannot use the typical receiver pads made for the NoteIII or SIII or whatever.
I purchased a DigiYes *universal receiver pad (wide side down, narrow side up plug) from amazon. It has a 2-3" ribbon cable attached to the pad to plug into your phones micro-usb port. You then wrap it under the bottom of the phone, then slide your case over it. Even with the TPU shell and battery door of the case on top of the receiver, I still connect to my charger pad (Lugu Lake Wireless Pad) without a hitch.

DigiYes Receiver Pad - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HI8JYFE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lugu Lake Charger Pad -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXJAISW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can no longer use the usb port for data transfer, sync, etc...

It was worth it in my case, as I became used to wireless charging and never connect my phone to any other source unless it's a bluetooth connection. Also, I never need to charge my phone frantically because of the huge battery capacity.

Hope this helps.

CEM90

Mar 2, 2013
I'm ready to try this bad boy out. I had the zerolemon battery on my s3 and got 2 days out of it. I can't wait to see what I can get out of this.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Don164

Nov 22, 2013
So before this thread gets deleted, lets have some stats people !

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

haza12d

Nov 14, 2007
Gotham
This should have been closer to 2 days. I had to restart a few times to enable some tweaks. But here are my stats for the 1st day of use after the initial 12 hour charge.

asyda5y7.jpg

u6udyjag.jpg

uguzene5.jpg

Running Jasmine 2.0 and loving it!

AndrOmega

Apr 2, 2014
București
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
keep using ZL folks !!
i have it too and it is working flawlessy.
the old ZL thread was deleted ( i think) because people was too satisfied about this product therefore was a BIG ADVERTISING for ZL and this forum do not allowed...so keep it low about how good is it :good::good:

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Honor Magic V
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Interesting theory on why the two were deleted (they were really, really good threads also).. Here are mine. This run wasn't that great for me, but I'm using my device a ton more with GPS, Bluetooth, and increased brightness (mostly 75%)
evu7yveg.jpg
de2ejehy.jpg

Hopefully this one won't get deleted...

haza12d

Nov 14, 2007
Gotham
Interesting theory on why the two were deleted (they were really, really good threads also).. Here are mine. This run wasn't that great for me, but I'm using my device a ton more with GPS, Bluetooth, and increased brightness (mostly 75%)
Hopefully this one won't get deleted...

What ROM are you on?

haza12d

Nov 14, 2007
Gotham
I've been thinking about installing Eclipse. Have you had a chance to run Jasmine? If so, how would you compare the two as far as battery life. I know with Jasmine 2.0, the phone never goes into Deep Sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Call me crazy but I actually prefer the extra heft. It feels less like a fragile toy in my hand and more like a military tool. The battery life is just insane, I never have to worry about it anymore whereas before I had to constantly worry about it.

It's on the charger for its second full charge. The first day I hammered it and the second day I went a little easier on it but either way the total usage without having to plug it in once is crazy to me.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz4l3bxikvg8gxd/2014-08-06 00.26.43.png
    P.S. How the hell do you paste a picture on this forum?

xda app is garbage for posting or attaching pics, try tapatalk pro which grants you better stability,unlimited thanks and easier to post/attach pics that show up!

A Review Very Thorough Review

Zerolemon 10000mAh Battery Review – Note 3

Introduction
    It’s huge. But that was to be expected for what this product represents. The 10000mAh Tricell Extended Battery certain lives up to its name; it’s the stock battery, but extended in every dimension. For comparisons sake, the battery is rated at 10000mAh – a whole 3.125 times as many milliamp hours as the stock battery included with the Galaxy Note 3. Does it last 3.125 times as long? Pretty much, but at the cost of added weight and size (though somewhat offset by the added protection offered by the included – and mandatory use – Zeroshock Case that comes included in the package).

Background
    For those who are wondering: Yes, this product is compatible with tempered glass screen protectors. Although I’m not entirely sure how thick of a tempered glass screen protector is supported, I’m currently using a Zerolemon tempered glass screen protector (0.3mm thick), and the phone still fits easily into the case. I used to use a thicker screen protector (0.4mm) and I’m not entirely sure that that would fit, but it would be worth a shot nonetheless. Also, the case no longer has a built-in plastic screen protector and instead includes a plastic screen protector to protect as much of the case as possible; this was a great decision and the included screen protector was a nice touch.

Initial Impressions
    The product itself comes in what would best be described as a plastic candy bag. Inside this bag was some documentation, company branding/information, the aforementioned plastic screen protector, an optional back plate (to allow users to use their stock battery and enjoy the protection of the zero shock case), a belt holster (which doubles as a stand), the Zeroshock case, and the 10000mAh battery. That’s some pretty great value considering that most protective cases alone can cost more than this entire package.
    The belt holster is actually very useful as a kickstand. The belt attachment clip can be rotated 360 degrees (with well-defined “clicks” every 15-30 degrees to lock it in place). The clip itself can be snapped back and held open permanently to allow the belt holster to act as an adjustable stand for the device. From my experience, it works great, both as a belt holster and as a stand.
    I really only have two complaints about the Zeroshock case itself. The first would be that it’s very hard to take on and off. If you are someone who likes to switch cases often or require quick access to your SIM or micro SD, then you might want to take into account how well secured the case is on your phone. The amount of locks to snap each of the pieces into place, combined with how solid the rubberized outer layer of the case is really makes it a pain to take off. Besides that, my only other complaint is the fact that there is a piece of the case that comes down and surrounds the earpiece speaker, proximity sensor, and light sensor. I don’t mind the fact that it does this, but it cuts the Samsung logo awkward in half and doesn’t look the greatest. It also makes the LED notification light difficult to see from certain angles.
    The battery is what the battery is. It has a capacity of 10000mAh and has NFC. That’s pretty much all there is to it.

Usage and Details
    After performing the initial 12 hour condition charge as instructed by Zerolemon, I used the phone exactly how I normally would. It lasted for just over 2.5 days with a total of just shy of 13 hours of screen on time. My phone is always connected to either LTE or Wifi, an Android Wear device, and has NFC always enabled. My brightness is set to 50% give or take 10%, and I have all push and syncing services enabled. This level of battery performance is what I am getting consistently now after having had the unit for just shy of three weeks. To compare, I would get approximately 4 hours of screen on time using the stock battery, so the additional battery capacity scales quite well.

In order to keep the testing results as consistent as possible (though they were ultimately more anecdotal than scientific) I tested both batteries (stock and the 10000mAh) using a Touchwiz based rom on the latest Kitkat 4.4.2 build available for my device using a custom kernel as well as on a CM11-based rom (4.4.4), again with a custom kernel. The results were essentially the same and there are too many things to consider to make a conclusion about AOSP versus TW in terms of battery life. However, what held true was that the extended battery lasted about 3 times longer than the stock battery; the extra milliamp hours scale very well.
    I don’t have many comments to make about the case in terms of protection as I do not see myself dropping the phone in the near future. However, what I can say is that the added bulk and the inner rigid frame combined with the softer, rubber, outer layer definitely give the peace of mind that if I were to drop my phone, it would protect my device quite well.

The case also has a pretty hefty lip on the front, so your phone will be elevated off of any surface that it is placed face down on. The camera cut-out is very, very deep, but it does not impede camera performance in the slightest. In fact, I actually like how recessed the camera is; it acts as a pretty convenient resting place for my finger and helps the overall usability of the phone inside of the massive case. Also, the left and right sides of the case have a bumpy texture that helps to make the phone easier to grip.

All of the ports and cut-outs of the device are perfectly aligned. The S-Pen, USB 3.0 female connector, and the headphone jack port are all covered by very well secured, but also easily opened flaps. The S-Pen is still easy enough to access, and all of the flaps stay closed when not in use. The both the volume rocker and power button are very responsive and the volume rocker has a distinct up and down separation on the case (though it is still ultimately one bar) for easier use, especially when not looking directly at the phone. The only thing that may case issues for some users is that the headphone jack is flanked by the case somewhat tightly by the rigid inner frame and so some larger 3.5mm headphone jacks/auxiliary cables may not be compatible with the case.

Thoughts and Conclusion
    So the question remains: Who is this product for? To be honest, I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone looking to extend the life of their Note 3 by a large margin. The case, though not as elegant as it could have been is definitely protective enough for harsher environments. Though the case does add a very noticeable amount of heft, especially with the extended battery, it is definitely manageable and still remains slim enough to fit into the pockets of relatively slim jeans. Though bulky, the case is not entirely unattractive; I appreciate the fact that the back of the case is flat, rather than sloping over the battery like some other manufactures have opted for.

Zerolemon has been around in the extended battery market for a long time and this product definitely shows just how well they’ve mastered this market segment. The battery works wonderfully and I cannot see myself going back to a stock battery any time soon. I’m no longer worried about running out of battery mid-day, and can go 2 to 3 days on end without charging my phone. In fact, I probably use my phone a lot more now, knowing that I’ll have the juice to spare at the end of the day. Although the battery takes about 4-6 hours to charge, the added capacity is definitely worth the bulk. This product is definitely worth all of the attention that it gets and I can easily recommend this case to anyone looking for the most robust extended battery solution available for the Note 3.
    had battery few weeks now .what i noticed is from 100% to 90 or 94% it goes quick then takes ages after that i condition battery about 5 times and do it now and again best lasting performance is just charge it when ever .think its better to charge it every 2 days what ever % its on it does lasy 15 to 20 hours whatever % says ..always evens out somewhere tbh
    a85412cf89e1eb6cc19da1ac43913dcf.jpg

plus try turning phone off over night and charge for some reason it gets better charge