[DOWNGRADE] I Got Around the OTA S-OFF Block

Search This thread

INeFFeCTiVE

Sep 2, 2010
Sacramento
LOOKS LIKE S-OFF FOR 1.54 HAS HAPPENED. NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE CHECK THE POST HERE

MODS Lock This One Up!!!

I was about to give up on s-off since I got the OTA update but there is hope.

I got s-off doing the following:

1.) Unlock your device via HTCDev
2.) Download and flash CWM Recovery
3.) Flash the stock nandroid for your phone...
a. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks JEANRIVERA
b. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks JEANRIVERA
c. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks cschmitt
If any one has other links to other devices let me know... I think this will work on all of the variants.:laugh:
Please note that this nandroid was made with TWRP and may need to be restored with TWRP.
On a side note... The original nandroid that I had linked was also created with TWRP and as I was unable to locate the restore function in my TWRP I did restore with CWM.
4.) then relock your device
Code:
fastboot oem lock
5.) grab 1847-ruu-m7-ul-jb-50-cingular-12650212.exe here and run it... Thanks cschmitt
6.) goto the tutorial here... and follow the directions...

This has worked for me... and I hope this will help someone else. All the information came from other people, I just happened to put it in the right order.

If this did not work for you there are New instructions here... Thanks domohan
IT IS IMPORTANT TO DO ALL THE STEPS IN ORDER...

I take no responsibility for anything you do with this information.

If I forgot to mention your name specifically... I'm Sorry and Thanks!

If I helped you hit the thank you button.

Last edited:

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
I see, new hboot. Downgrading it is then. Interesting that they haven't forced htc to shut off the unlocking service.

Last edited:

rmartin16

Aug 16, 2010
worked as advertised

Thanks a lot. A process for sure but worked for me following the ATT OTA update to .15. Although, I went on to follow the guide at wonderhowto dot com for installing the ASOP Google Edition. Thanks again.

rozyman17

Aug 5, 2010
I am having trouble flashing the nandroid. I have tried to both flash the zip as well as unpack it and try to do a restore. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Ok, I actually flashed this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252959

Then ran the .12 RUU and am now S-OFF. Thanks for this!

INeFFeCTiVE

Sep 2, 2010
Sacramento
well i am glad you got that working... The way i did the nandroid was by extracting the zip to clockworkmod\backups ... then choosing restore... I had TWRP but could not find the restore Nandroid option.

Reactions: rozyman17

cee43ja1

Aug 24, 2007
The only way I see this actually working is that the RUU just checks the HBOOT version, and not the build date. Otherwise, the .12 RUU would fail to install because the OTA HBOOT has a newer build date.

If this is true, then all AT&T users better get S-OFF now (if they know what S-OFF does). I have a feeling the 4.2.2 update will come out with a newer HBOOT with a higher number. Then surely, any 4.1.2 RUU will not work.

INeFFeCTiVE

Sep 2, 2010
Sacramento
In any case, it seems to be working for those of us who weren't paying attention and downloaded the OTA... But the message is still S-OFF now while you can, 'cause they will patch the thing eventually.

Reactions: rozyman17

TabascoJoe

Jul 20, 2007
This did not work for my situation...
I had S-OFF, set my CID to 11111111 and installed the latest GE rom. I decided to go back to stock, and made the mistake of S locking without knowing that I could not go back on HBOOT 1.54. Now I'm S-ON with CID 11111111, HBOOT 1.54 and Radio 4A.18

I tried this fix... I get stuck on the RUU, it show sending... but after about 5min it errors out...

Is there any hope for my situation?

This was what in my RUU log...
<T171817><DEBUG><OUT>sending 'zip'... (1029872 KB) FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))</OUT>

Last edited:

INeFFeCTiVE

Sep 2, 2010
Sacramento
This did not work for my situation...
I had S-OFF, set my CID to 11111111 and installed the latest GE rom. I decided to go back to stock, and made the mistake of S locking without knowing that I could not go back on HBOOT 1.54. Now I'm S-ON with CID 11111111, HBOOT 1.54 and Radio 4A.18

I tried this fix... I get stuck on the RUU, it show sending... but after about 5min it errors out...

Is there any hope for my situation?

This was what in my RUU log...
<T171817><DEBUG><OUT>sending 'zip'... (1029872 KB) FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))</OUT>

I'm not totally sure...
1.) do you have unlock from htcdev?
2.) can you flash a recovery?
a. if so there is hope to get back to at least a working phone till a new exploit for 1.54 is found.

b. Are you sure you re-locked your phone...
Code:
fastboot oem lock

c. SUPER CID - (allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE) So make sure the phone is locked and flash an older RUU. Then revone and you should be good to go my friend.

let me know if this works!

...and remember to hit the thank you button! :)

TabascoJoe

Jul 20, 2007
I'm not totally sure...
1.) do you have unlock from htcdev?
2.) can you flash a recovery?
a. if so there is hope to get back to at least a working phone till a new exploit for 1.54 is found.

b. Are you sure you re-locked your phone...
Code:
fastboot oem lock

c. SUPER CID - (allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE) So make sure the phone is locked and flash an older RUU. Then revone and you should be good to go my friend.

let me know if this works!

...and remember to hit the thank you button! :)

I have a working phone. I have an unlock from htcdev. i have locked it, i can flash roms and recovery in twrp.
Its when I try an RUU it get suck on sending.... and errors out

Could it be my Main Version? I used misc tool to try to get back to 1.26.502.10, but can never get it to write the last digit correctly. Here is my getvar output:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.18.3263.15
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.502.010
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3999mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-94cf81a8fd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I guess I was wrong on being SuperCID. Using the misctool what should I change my main version to, and how?

Thanks

Last edited:

Will-Survive

Nov 26, 2012
Bellflower(LBC), CA
Here are the steps I did to unlock bootloader, root and acquire s-off:

I went back to fully stock unrooted s-on to get the OTA just to b on the safe side. This is where I knew the update screwed up the current s-off method so I unlocked the bootloader using HTCDev. Then proceed to root and pushed the revone file to the appropriate folder location. I followed all the commands from revone up to where u Chmod 755 revone. After that since I already had root, I simply type su then proceeded with the s-off and unlock command. Removed tampered label and voila!!! Back in business with latest software.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I think what happened was the new update screwed up the motochopper temp root exploit and that's y I think u can't s-off with the updated software. But there is always a way...

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

cee43ja1

Aug 24, 2007
I have a working phone. I have an unlock from htcdev. i have locked it, i can flash roms and recovery in twrp.
Its when I try an RUU it get suck on sending.... and errors out

Could it be my Main Version? I used misc tool to try to get back to 1.26.502.10, but can never get it to write the last digit correctly. Here is my getvar output:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.18.3263.15
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.502.010
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3999mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-94cf81a8fd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

I guess I was wrong on being SuperCID. Using the misctool what should I change my main version to, and how?

Thanks

You can't use the AT&T RUU because your HBOOT is higher than the one in the RUU. S-ON is preventing any older HBOOT to be flashed.

INeFFeCTiVE

Sep 2, 2010
Sacramento
It would certainly be worth a try. The hardware is the same, so I don't see why not... as long as your boot loader is 1.44.00000 (not sure on the amount of zero's) this should work.

I'm pretty sure there are nandroid images for TMO out there so give it a try.

mimin0

Aug 8, 2011
New York
Hey me_rashad, it's a no go. I also flash tmobile nand still no go. from what i research on difference forum is because tmobile update did a patch to the 1.44 HBoot so i guess we have to wait till revone or monshine dev find the way.

I did get the OTA too and having the same pesky error -6. The bootloader version still says 1.44.0000, how do we know if its patched or not? Shouldn't the version number increase? What is your version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOOKS LIKE S-OFF FOR 1.54 HAS HAPPENED. NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE CHECK THE POST HERE

MODS Lock This One Up!!!

3.) Flash the stock nandroid for your phone...
    a. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks JEANRIVERA
    b. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks JEANRIVERA
    c. TWRP Nandroid AT&T Thanks cschmitt
    If any one has other links to other devices let me know... I think this will work on all of the variants.:laugh:
    Please note that this nandroid was made with TWRP and may need to be restored with TWRP.
    On a side note... The original nandroid that I had linked was also created with TWRP and as I was unable to locate the restore function in my TWRP I did restore with CWM.
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    5.) grab 1847-ruu-m7-ul-jb-50-cingular-12650212.exe here and run it... Thanks cschmitt

This has worked for me... and I hope this will help someone else. All the information came from other people, I just happened to put it in the right order.

If this did not work for you there are New instructions here... Thanks domohan

Worked for me after downgrading!

UPDATE: Apparently the mirror with all of the links is down. I will see if I can find another one.
    Sorry for the inconvenience ...

3.) Flash the stock nandroid for your phone... ATT and HERE Thanks JEANRIVERA for digging this up... If any one has other links to other devices let me know... I think this will work on all of the variants.:laugh:
    Not knocking either recovery as I have used both with great success, I was just unable to locate the nandroid restore function in TWRP.

Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    5.) grab 1847-ruu-m7-ul-jb-50-cingular-12650212.exe and run it... again for at&t [You Will have to google it since the link is down.

thanks to bugsylawson for the links...

Worked great using TWRP restore.

The issue is with 1.26.502.15 not HBOOT. Downgrade from 1.26.502.15 to 1.26.502.10 then upgrade to 1.26.502.12. The HBOOT will still be 1.44. (S-OFF using revone works).

Similiar steps as OP with what changes I had to do. I'm on a Windows 7. Disable any anti-virus.

Pre-requisites:
    - sdk-tools
    - Phone in USB debugging mode
    - No screen lock
    - AV off

----------
    1) Unlock Your Bootloader, Root Your HTC One, & Install a Custom Recovery (Using TWRP) instructions
    2) Go to 3 (too lazy to re-number)
    3) Download the HTCOne-32GB-ATT-1.26.502.10-TWRP-stock.zip ATT
    4) Unzip "HTCOne-32GB-ATT-1.26.502.10-TWRP-stock.zip". Copy folder to TWRP\Backups\ via USB debugging path.
    5) Go to TWRP (power down > hold power and volume down) > bootloader > recovery
    6) Now in TWRP > go to Restore > look for the '32GB-Stock-ATT' folder you copy to the phone.
    7) Swipe to Restore
    8) Install root when prompted during reboot
    8a) Now you are on 1.26.502.10
    9) in windows command window and sdk-tools directory. Boot it to bootloader again
    Code:
    D:\sdk-tools>
    adb reboot-bootloader
    9a) Once phone in bootloader screen. relock your device from windows cmd
    Code:
    D:\sdk-tools>
    fastboot oem lock
    9b) reboot. (Phone is still on 1.26.502.10)
    10) grab 1847-ruu-m7-ul-jb-50-cingular-12650212.exe and run it as Administrator. Follow wizard (takes 5-10 mins)
    10a) (Phone now on 1.26.502.12)
    11) unlock and root phone again (Like starting over but this time on ATT software build 1.26.502.12 with HBOOT 1.44)
    12) s-off instructions
    13) Turn Your HTC One into a Real HTC One Google Play Edition
    14) Now on Android 4.3. Yah!
    http://d-h.st/qEY here you can use this backup but this one you need to restore with twrp besides cwm
    Would the 32GB Backups work on the 64GB model?

Bud the 32gb nandroids kept me hanging on boot screen with my 64gb model. Saying that I did manage to install through twrp. While it failed to boot I bottled into bootloader and went through the installation of the .12 RUU. That worked great. Was able to use instructions by vomer to successfully s-off and super cod.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

I'm having trouble with Step 3. I downloaded the Nandroid onto my phone directly from the link, extracted it on my phone, and neither TWRP or CWM can see it as a backup. I've read everything here a few times. Phone is rooted, HBOOT 1.44, .15 OTA. Any advice appreciated.

Re-downloaded Nandroid to PC, checked MD5, wiped data, reinstalled recovery many times, TWRP can not see backup. Neither could CWM (though I'm not sure how it could). Tried changing backup location, but no difference. Please help.

If you can still see a previous nandroid you may have saved go into root explorer or the like and search for the name of that nandroid it will take a bit to search as it searching your entire device. Once it's located paste the .10 nandroid there. Then your recovery should find it next time you boot into to restore it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    In the same boat here. Phone was warrantied. The new phone I got was already updated to the july 1.44 .... :(

I'm uploading now the nandroid give about an hour.... Slow connection

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4