4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

shinxen

Sep 17, 2010
Received Update Notification

I received notification of an update, im currently on stock 4.2.2 MF3 (rooted). - im in the LA area.
1. I was wondering how would I download the update to upload to the forums?
2. also is it safe for me to update when im rooted? or should i just reset to factory settings

jt1998

Jul 1, 2013
Houston
Would like to find out if anyone was on MF3 using safestrap, was able to successfully update stock ROM to 4.3, and still safestrap back to custom ROMs? Or is this just impossible b/c of the way safestrap works?

Thanks for your time/help.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
End of the day, what are the real difference between the S4 on 4.2.2 Touchwiz, vs this new 4.3 Touchwiz ? Just running stock rooted, no custom ROM or anything. What are the noticeable differences ? Does 4.3 TW update remove the lag I feel on my S4, is the phone smoother now ? Any better battery life ?

And lastly whats the best way for me to get the update ? I am currently rooted on the stock 4.2.2 OS, I used Kango root last month for my root, but I also deleted every single ATT .apk using Root Explorer, and a handful of Samsung .apk's also removed, pretty sure I deleted the update .apk, need to find that from a ROM and install as a .apk ?

tkc11409

Jan 22, 2011
I recieved the update at 8:45 this morning inTexas.

The Install failed and got stuck on Odin screen.

I am rooted and safestrap is still installed. This could have something to do with the failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jt1998

jt1998

Jul 1, 2013
Houston
End of the day, what are the real difference between the S4 on 4.2.2 Touchwiz, vs this new 4.3 Touchwiz ? Just running stock rooted, no custom ROM or anything. What are the noticeable differences ? Does 4.3 TW update remove the lag I feel on my S4, is the phone smoother now ? Any better battery life ?

And lastly whats the best way for me to get the update ? I am currently rooted on the stock 4.2.2 OS, I used Kango root last month for my root, but I also deleted every single ATT .apk using Root Explorer, and a handful of Samsung .apk's also removed, pretty sure I deleted the update .apk, need to find that from a ROM and install as a .apk ?

Good questions!!

Also, could you just titanium backup all you want/have to ext SD, then factory reset to stock, and take the update that way?

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM

Noticable differnces...so far, no data toggle, graphics seem a little more clear/sharper...keyboard seems a little differnt but cant quite figure out what. Keyboard also now has built in emoji by holding down on the voice key. I've never noticed any lag since I bought my s4 back in may, however I did read in a chance log they did mention improved speed

If youre not planning on flashing roms than I say go for it...Unfortunately my bro updated my phone for me so im stuck with it (had to odin yesterday and than had to go somewhere and left my phone...hadnt finished setting it up, came home and 4.3 -_-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011

Most of this has already been mentioned in this thread a few times. As far as the battery, the update just started last night, it will take a few days to get a good read on battery performance.

Last edited:

kmr669

Oct 25, 2012
Hyderabad
Root

Has anybody rooted 4.3 with motochopper or any other tool and also installed CWM?
Please reply, I'll update only if above things are possible. Plz reply ASAP

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
ok well I am guessing the .cfg file cant be used in the recovery update unless I am doing something wrong. I still cant get the update OTA

Sans143

Oct 13, 2010
Should not matter if you are rooted to install the OTA correct? As long as you did not have a custom recovery you should still be able to download the update and install it.

Top Liked Posts