HTC One M8 Eye ownership

Search This thread

vittalnrv

Jun 10, 2010
Hi, traded my trusty ol Nexus 5 for the be spoken M8 Eye. I have been a droid loyalist since the gingerbread days, have used HTC legend, desire , evo3d, galaxy notes, s4, Xperia ultra , nexus..but I swear by God this the best buy yet.

The HTC phones are sure built like strong German cars, and comparing to new iPhone 6, yes, m8 just tops it on handling and finish. The i6 feels like the older HTC one x.

Sound clarity is beautiful from the stereo speakers, SQ is there but it could have done with more loudness.

Out of box it came preloaded with KK 4.4.4 and the SenseUI is buttery smooth topped with good battery life.

Camera quality is all good, very snappy in locking focus unlike nexus5. My camera usage is very basic so not commenting much.

Happy to be part of XDA..thanks!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

farru503

Dec 4, 2012
The m8 eye is a good looking device ! I like it...but I won't trade my current m8 unless it brakes jaja if it does I might get the m8 eye

D

Darth

Is the camera just more MP, or is it actually upgraded hardware wise?

Just curious. ?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Is it the faster AC 801 like the Asian M8 or still the AB 801?

HTC One M8

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Sorry, I meant is it different camera hardware. Or just more MP.

If it's the same hardware... Wouldn't the only improvement be you can blow the pic up a bit more.?

?
Do you even read the specs? :D both cameras, front and back are having 13mp and few differences between both...
Sorry, I meant is it different camera hardware. Or just more MP.

If it's the same hardware... Wouldn't the only improvement be you can blow the pic up a bit more.?

?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

D

Darth

Do you even read the specs? :D both cameras, front and back are having 13mp and few differences between both...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
I read it... Lol But doesn't say, new camera hardware... Way better than the old m8. ?

I'm just curious, cause they can make it a thousand mega pixels... But still need better hardware for the pics to actually be "better". Know what I mean.

Able to print or view a bigger pic, doesn't make it a better pic.

I still use an 8 MP Kodak camera, cause the pictures are awesome. And I don't need to blow them up. ?

?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I read it... Lol But doesn't say, new camera hardware... Way better than the old m8. ?

I'm just curious, cause they can make it a thousand mega pixels... But still need better hardware for the pics to actually be "better". Know what I mean.

I still use an 8 MP Kodak camera, cause the pictures are awesome. And I don't need to blow them up. ?

?

yea bigger MP doesnt mean better pics... i really like the m8 cam.. bot the front and back makes such good Pictures, i don't Need any other cam...i wanted to buy like my sister a dlsr...but now i don't want to anymore because the pics are enough good

deefster

Sep 13, 2014

?
Couldn't agree more about no need to blow up photos, and I have no interest in making posters with my camera photos. I think the pics the original m8 takes are great, but they needed to make the eye version to appease all those who felt more megapixels equals better. There are also those who swear their pics are washed out on the original, but that hasn't been my experience.

D

Darth

I asked cause my wife might be interested in an M8...and was curious if I should look for an eye... But I think the original M8 is more than good enough.... For a phone camera anyway.
?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
It's not just about quality...it's the ability to crop since we don't have optical zoom.
Let's say we only needed 30% of what's in the frame and you crop it tight to get rid of the unwanted background or foreground....your 4mp image just became a webcam resolution image that's only gonna be good for mms!

HTC One M8

D

Darth

Yes, agreed.... But that's for you. Your photo needs, right. Me, I point and click... And that's all I want/expect out of my phone.

More important things, I use my camera.

And quality is pretty important... Especially for what your describing. Even with many MP, blowing up a poor quality pic is just enhancing the poor quality.

IMHO. ?

KarimSalloum

Apr 24, 2012
Beirut
FYI as per GSMArena specs the Eye is also missing the IR port & NFC compared to the regular M8.
Just thought I'd share this (again, see post 2) since a few people subsequently commented that the phones were identical sans the camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI as per GSMArena specs the Eye is also missing the IR port & NFC compared to the regular M8.
    Just thought I'd share this (again, see post 2) since a few people subsequently commented that the phones were identical sans the camera.

yea and i was just referring to the cpu and ram etc...