Droid X Multitouch Keyboard Working For Aria

Search This thread

gdeadfan

Jul 2, 2010
Yep, works just fine! How is it different than the stock keyboard though? Does multi-touch make it different? I can't really tell yet

Arranmc182

Mar 28, 2010
Worcester
I don't notice anything either.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

From what I can tell it allows you to type faster by allowing you to put to fingers on the keyboard so when you take the first finger off it will then select the input of the second finger but vibrate on key press dont work but I am running this on a HTC Hero (GSM)

hashbrown

Aug 15, 2006
Can this be installed from the memory card? astro file managers giving me a headache!

zeyoner

Mar 7, 2008
New York
From what I can tell it allows you to type faster by allowing you to put to fingers on the keyboard so when you take the first finger off it will then select the input of the second finger but vibrate on key press dont work but I am running this on a HTC Hero (GSM)

I agree I'm using it on my Aria and it does feel faster! I also feel it's better than Swype.

Can this be installed from the memory card? astro file managers giving me a headache!

Worked for me from the sdcard using Astro. Are you refering to installing it from Clockwork recovery? If so not sure.

hashbrown

Aug 15, 2006
i tried installing it from the memory card but it never works so I sideloaded. It says it was successful, but doesn't show up in input method nor for the application menu. does it automatically take over touch input?

Googa

Jul 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
mmm, so I'm not sold. How is this supposed to be faster? I'm still touch-typing, and I can verify that the vibrate-on-touch isn't working.

At any rate, thanks for the extra keyboard option.

hashbrown

Aug 15, 2006
this would be the first .apk I couldnt install/uninstall thru sdk. Im getting a Failure [Install_Failed_Already_Exists] when install.
Afterwards I get a Failure when i uninstall.
Then a Failure [Install_Failed_Insufficient_Storage] when i reinstall w/ [-r].
Also permission denied when I "adb shell rm ls data/app/DroidXIME-nonroot.apk"
Also should mention Im not rooted.

_Opiate_

Jun 1, 2010
this would be the first .apk I couldnt install/uninstall thru sdk. Im getting a Failure [Install_Failed_Already_Exists] when install.
Afterwards I get a Failure when i uninstall.
Then a Failure [Install_Failed_Insufficient_Storage] when i reinstall w/ [-r].
Also permission denied when I "adb shell rm ls data/app/DroidXIME-nonroot.apk"
Also should mention Im not rooted.

Lol wow thats a lot of fails for one install.

hashbrown

Aug 15, 2006
yeah sure that is a lot of failed my phone thinks i'm a failure!

hashbrown

Aug 15, 2006
Update: MultiTouch keyboard is installed on my phone afterall. It doesn't show up as an app like Swype but you manually select it though settings/language and keyboards. I found it after installing Swiftkey Beta. You can't install it once its installed. Not through manage applications nor adb. Probably only thru factory test unless your rooted.