[APP][4.1][BETA] Fleksy - Happy Typing

Search This thread

Dom_An

Feb 8, 2013
Heya XDA.

We make Fleksy, a keyboard technology that takes autocorrect to the next level.

We are running our Android beta and would be very happy to have you on board as testers.

Join the Fleksy Beta G+ Community to get Fleksy Beta from the Play Store Beta platform.

Quick Instructions:

Swipe down and up to change the word suggested to the next. Also works with quick punctuation.

Enter a word accurately, swipe up twice to store it to the dictionary.

Swipe down with two fingers to change to the mini keyboard. Repeat to change to the invisible keyboard. Swipe up with two fingers to go back.

Mini/Invisible keyboard controls: Swipe up from bottom left corner to Shift. Swipe up from the bottom right corner for symbols. Swipe from bottom left corner to bottom right corner to Enter/Search/Go.

If you are already on the team, feel free to discuss.

Regards,

-the Fleksy team.

Last edited:

HoochieCoo

Dec 6, 2010
I had signed up in the past too. Honestly had forgotten all about it. Is this beta more inclusive?

Krep3

Aug 22, 2012
Hope this is as good as the video on the site shows

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Loving this keyboard just wish there was a few extra features like the option to use voice to text like every other keyboard has with the microphone, and while you're typing a word it would suggest other words etc. Looking forward to more updates and seeing this keyboard become even more awesome then it already is!

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

Reactions: mcduffie2010

milowke

Jul 18, 2010
OnePlus Nord
I want to signup for this beta, but I can't send and email to that email adress.
Can someone provide me the correct email adress? Thnx in advance :)

Dom_An

Feb 8, 2013
I want to signup for this beta, but I can't send and email to that email adress.
Can someone provide me the correct email adress? Thnx in advance :)

Thanks! The link is a website form, replace dot with . : beta dot fleksy dot com

We are working on means to let XDA members in faster.

Open to suggestions.

Dom_An

Feb 8, 2013
If you are a newcomer, mention "xda member" in the "Have you beta tested other apps?" field when signing up at http://beta.fleksy.com

We will see to it to take a look at your application as fast as we can.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
I applied to join the test program a few months ago and received an email saying that I may be included in future tests but have heard nothing since. I check on a daily basis for an Android release so I am really excited about this beta phase. Can you tell me how I sign up for it please.

Subscribing to thread.

EDIT:

I have just completed the online registration and received the same email as I got last time I registered. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: SahilC

Krep3

Aug 22, 2012
Just forwarded the email hope I get picked.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

kyokeun1234

Sep 25, 2011
Niagara Falls ON Canada
Just a question, do they send you an email when you get chosen? Just saying that you've been chosen? Or is there another thing that you have to agree to and sign up?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Dom_An

Feb 8, 2013
We distribute the beta via TestFlight, so you need create an account once you receive the invitation link via email.

Also, Fleksy Beta comes with a disclaimer, but you don't need to sign it, just play nice :)

Let us know what you guys think!

voldemort01

Apr 22, 2012
I signed up via test flight following the invitation . Have you distributed the beta yet or there's still time?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heya XDA.

We make Fleksy, a keyboard technology that takes autocorrect to the next level.

We are running our Android beta and would be very happy to have you on board as testers.

Join the Fleksy Beta G+ Community to get Fleksy Beta from the Play Store Beta platform.

Quick Instructions:

Swipe down and up to change the word suggested to the next. Also works with quick punctuation.

Enter a word accurately, swipe up twice to store it to the dictionary.

Swipe down with two fingers to change to the mini keyboard. Repeat to change to the invisible keyboard. Swipe up with two fingers to go back.

Mini/Invisible keyboard controls: Swipe up from bottom left corner to Shift. Swipe up from the bottom right corner for symbols. Swipe from bottom left corner to bottom right corner to Enter/Search/Go.

If you are already on the team, feel free to discuss.

Regards,

-the Fleksy team.
    Okay, we are trying this out!

Help us test Fleksy on Google Play's new Beta platform by joining our new G+ community! These are undocumented grounds, so we are starting slow:

We created an XDA-only semi-private community. Don't worry, this is only for initial testing purposes, we intend to eliminate any waiting and complexity.

We will be accepting new members in batches of 20 or so, and ramp up until the end of this week. In all cases, we think it makes a lot of sense to have an XDA beta group.

Before making the jump, make sure to delete all previous versions of Fleksy Beta, as this is a different package.

Fleksy Beta XDA G+ Community

Mentions:
    @dakunesu, @dictionary, @itsmikeramsay, @kyokeun1234
    Fleksy Beta gets updated to 2.1! Play Store will be rolling out the release shortly.

Changelog Fleksy Beta 2.1

- Fleksy Beta has an app icon!
    - Fleksy remembers your last layout. Stay invisible ;)
    - Introducing: Long press letters for numbers!
    - Introducing: Voice to text! Tap and hold Keyboards button/Swipe up from "M" letter corner and hold(mini/invisible)
    - Introducing: Repeat fast punctuation. Subsequent spaces produce previously chosen punctuation!!!
    - Reduced file size by 20%
    - Improved alphanumeric entry
    - Expanded dictionary
    - Increased accuracy
    - Bugs squashed [infinite loading, caps always on, missed spacebars, HTC One typing]

Known Issues(Read: fixed with next update)

- HTC One stock Mail, Notes, Browser: Editing text might be problematic
    - [Fleksy has expired]/[Fleksy failed to download] messages not alarming, but may appear
    - Fleksy might momentarily disappear in S4, HTC One devices. Tap screen to bring back
    - HTC One stock messaging app. Can't add space after smileys

As always, thank you for your support and feedback.

Keep it coming :D

Happy Typing!

the Fleksy team
    My experience has been really good, it's been tough getting use to typing instead of swiping. That and not being able to long press for numbers. I actually like the punctuation system and how you add words to the dictionary.

My only real issue besides the single character auto correcting to a is that the shift key has a lag time where when I'm typing it actually capitalizes the second letter in the word instead of the first, like tHis.

Other than that I've been quite happy with this keyboard.
    Good feedback!

We fixed the lagging shift bug, coming with next beta build :D

We are also working on making Fleksy correct only when the user needs it to.
    Just pushed new update - Fleksy Beta 1.9 should be in your inboxes!

Changelog - Fleksy 1.9

- Fleksy can now be installed in any Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0) device. Go ahead, tell us what you think!

- Fixed typing in browsers. Fleksy used to be slow and feel sluggish when typing in browser text boxes. Not anymore. Fixes include Google converter app, typing in Firefox, etc.

- Improved accuracy. Thanks to your feedback, accuracy is now increased. Keep it coming, we will keep fine-tuning.

- New Settings layout and options. Increased comprehensiveness by 73%.

- No more line in the invisible keyboard. We hear you loud and clear.

- Fixed: Selecting and replacing text. Fleksy can now handle selecting, deleting, typing new text exactly like you expect it to.

- Fixed: Sounds. Typing and swiping sounds now respect user Settings. By the way, what do you think of them?

- Fixed: lots of bugs and crashes. Fleksy should now install and run properly. Includes crashing Xperia 4.1.2 and HTC First devices.