[Q] SIM Card causing reboots on my Xperia T

Search This thread

hawejiedm

May 19, 2013
Hi guys,

Earlier i found out that my sim card was the one responsible for the sudden reboots of my Xperia T. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am currently on stock JB 4.3 with locked boot loader.

Thanks for the help :laugh:

daemin

Feb 20, 2013
Bratislava
Hi there,

I would like to post my 2 cents here too, cause this is bug or whatever it is so annoying that I want to smash my Xperia against the wall.:eek:
It started shortly after I upgraded my Xperia T to 4.3 (.295). First I thought it is caused by wrong USIM placement, but even if I pull it out and follow the click to be sure it is placed properly, reboots appear from time to time. I was trying to track the source of this with "standard" steps like factory reset, installing apps and do settings without using Backup&Restore app, testing another USIM however without success, using phone with/without microSD card. I even upgraded to latest bugfixing .199 today but those damn reboots persists.

Maybe these observations will help to solve this issue:
- reboots appear usually after using apps using internet connection (mostly local news, gmail, Chrome etc) and, whats interesting, when screen is off
- mostly when on HSPA, not wi-fi
- when I play music, using PowerAmp, not tested on other mainly because I have no other installed :p
- sometimes after the call
- once or twice it happened when unlocking the phone
- reboots stops only if battery is totally drained or if I notice smell of the the burning flesh of my thigh and I put my screen on/or reinsert USIM.
I will observe more, but Im loosing patience :mad:

There were no reboots when on stock 4.1.2 with locked bootloader with root. I also had to turn off SIM card lock, because I need to be reachable. I like this phone, 4.3 is nicely done but this is driving me mad. I consider to downgrade and visit my local vendor, but beforehand I decided to ask community.

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else here, I just spotted this post and added my POW. Thanks for your help :cool:

Last edited:

bruce1x

Sep 30, 2013
Hi there,

I would like to post my 2 cents here too, cause this is bug or whatever it is so annoying that I want to smash my Xperia against the wall.:eek:
It started shortly after I upgraded my Xperia T to 4.3 (.295). First I thought it is caused by wrong USIM placement, but even if I pull it out and follow the click to be sure it is placed properly, reboots appear from time to time. I was trying to track the source of this with "standard" steps like factory reset, installing apps and do settings without using Backup&Restore app, testing another USIM however without success, using phone with/without microSD card. I even upgraded to latest bugfixing .199 today but those damn reboots persists.

Maybe these observations will help to solve this issue:
- reboots appear usually after using apps using internet connection (mostly local news, gmail, Chrome etc) and, whats interesting, when screen is off
- mostly when on HSPA, not wi-fi
- when I play music, using PowerAmp, not tested on other mainly because I have no other installed :p
- sometimes after the call
- once or twice it happened when unlocking the phone
- reboots stops only if battery is totally drained or if I notice smell of the the burning flesh of my thigh and I put my screen on/or reinsert USIM.
I will observe more, but Im loosing patience :mad:

There were no reboots when on stock 4.1.2 with locked bootloader with root. I also had to turn off SIM card lock, because I need to be reachable. I like this phone, 4.3 is nicely done but this is driving me mad. I consider to downgrade and visit my local vendor, but beforehand I decided to ask community.

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else here, I just spotted this post and added my POW. Thanks for your help :cool:

mine was the opposite, reboots all the time when tethering unless I kept the phone on charge on stock 4.1.2. now on 4.3 and only had two reboots after heavy usage, but the phone wasn't on charge and was hot.

daemin

Feb 20, 2013
Bratislava
Looks like the reboots are caused by handover between 2G and 3G networks. I have set my T to stick on the 3G only and reboots have disappeared. Two days without single reboot :)
However I have found strange dots on the display recently, like some layer of the display is too thin and light is bit brighter in these parts, so I need to pay a visit to my vendor anyway.

Talgarius

Mar 17, 2014
Theme

Hello. I updated to 4.3 rooted ROM, and always restarted and I cant start the phone when is SIM in. Tried reinstall via CWM, nothing helped. And... yes.. maybe installed programs caused this boot loop, try install step by step program to program and succes. I found Woody theme. When I setup this theme, phone cant process Sim pin code section at start. Deleted theme helped me, and now work fine Darklord Rom :)

daemin

Feb 20, 2013
Bratislava
Well, I have finally isolated issue and it is not related to cellular handovers. Reboots are caused by faulty mechanism holding SIM card in place. Despite I hear and feel obvious "click" indicating SIM card is in place and mounted, it is not. After undefined time SIM card gets loosed and you can take it out very easily. Not sure if this is just me or it is a construction issue, but I saw too many posts regarding reboots. Time to check guts of your Xperia folks..

Felsar

Oct 6, 2011
tijuana
Well, I have finally isolated issue and it is not related to cellular handovers. Reboots are caused by faulty mechanism holding SIM card in place. Despite I hear and feel obvious "click" indicating SIM card is in place and mounted, it is not. After undefined time SIM card gets loosed and you can take it out very easily. Not sure if this is just me or it is a construction issue, but I saw too many posts regarding reboots. Time to check guts of your Xperia folks..

This reboot issue start happening to me just last night, no Wi-Fi no 3G, just using "UBreader" (reading a ebook, obviously :p) before sleep... it reboots 3 times within an hour calling for "sim/usim card removed"... After third reboot, I open the card holder and removed SDcard, nothing happen, then I remove the sim card and did it again [the reboot] this time on porpuse, so... yeah, I think what @daemin says is true, the mechanism for holding sim card gets loose after a while... sad but true...

Maybe, when holding the phone, we press to hard on that side without noticing and that cause the problem, I don't know... but this morning I check at running apps and all or mostly all say 7 hours "running" so I think phone didn't reboot after I left it there for sleep... who knows... :eek: