Ad blocking doesn't work since 4.4.2 update (non OTA)

Search This thread

hotrock11

Mar 11, 2008
Didn't find anything search wise about this....but since updating manually, adaway doesn't work. It would always be 3/4 done and never reboot my phone. I'm sure it's because the last update for adaway was like Feb 2014. Chrome shows ads, which is frustrating to me because ads affect webpages loading and finishing!

Tried adblock plus, but that too isn't stopping Chrome from showing ads (and the notification bar was annoying, but I know how to turn it off...)

Any suggestions? Right now I'm camped in Firefox Beta until I can get a suitable way of blocking ads...

ginger man

Jan 4, 2013
Didn't find anything search wise about this....but since updating manually, adaway doesn't work. It would always be 3/4 done and never reboot my phone. I'm sure it's because the last update for adaway was like Feb 2014. Chrome shows ads, which is frustrating to me because ads affect webpages loading and finishing!

Tried adblock plus, but that too isn't stopping Chrome from showing ads (and the notification bar was annoying, but I know how to turn it off...)

Any suggestions? Right now I'm camped in Firefox Beta until I can get a suitable way of blocking ads...

Do you have reduce data usage on in chrome under bandwidth settings? That feature sends all traffic through Google's servers and would bypass any ad block software you used. Adaway works fine for me on 4.4 with chrome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reilly1812

hotrock11

Mar 11, 2008
Works!!!!

Whew....because ads are sometimes the worst. I hate flashing things in my face or the auto play types

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you have reduce data usage on in chrome under bandwidth settings? That feature sends all traffic through Google's servers and would bypass any ad block software you used. Adaway works fine for me on 4.4 with chrome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk