Dammit Apple Galaxy Nexus Injunction Granted

Search This thread

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
Apple can ban away. Look what happened with the One series and linkify. Google could sell the Nexus with no OS on it and we would still buy it. Why? because Android is open sourced and we can put on or take of what ever we want. Voice recognition? I've had that since my Hero. Slide to unlock? go the HTC way and "pull the ring to unlock". Apple did invent something, expensive toys and excellent marketing. Look at what the advertise, Siri and the Retina display and it sells just on that.
My thoughts are when the Nexus was released in America it wasn't a threat because Verizon favored the iphone. Most of AT&Ts customer base favors Android and Apple new with the One X the iphone 5 would have some serious competiton. The Nexus is now on Sprint and Verizon and the unsubbed GSM is selling for $350. Here comes Samsung with the Almighty Galaxy S III released on EVERY carrier. After the success of the SII, Apple has to use its only known tactic, and it's not innovation.
Maybe Google should close source Android for a bit, Apple stole weather, stocks, the notification pulldown, and making a folder is like having an app drawer.

Reactions: neyenlives

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com
Apple can ban away. Look what happened with the One series and linkify. Google could sell the Nexus with no OS on it and we would still buy it. Why? because Android is open sourced and we can put on or take of what ever we want. Voice recognition? I've had that since my Hero. Slide to unlock? go the HTC way and "pull the ring to unlock". Apple did invent something, expensive toys and excellent marketing. Look at what the advertise, Siri and the Retina display and it sells just on that.
My thoughts are when the Nexus was released in America it wasn't a threat because Verizon favored the iphone. Most of AT&Ts customer base favors Android and Apple new with the One X the iphone 5 would have some serious competiton. The Nexus is now on Sprint and Verizon and the unsubbed GSM is selling for $350. Here comes Samsung with the Almighty Galaxy S III released on EVERY carrier. After the success of the SII, Apple has to use its only known tactic, and it's not innovation.
Maybe Google should close source Android for a bit, Apple stole weather, stocks, the notification pulldown, and making a folder is like having an app drawer.

People who flash roms might buy a phone with no os but most people wouldn't and apple know this and know they can hit android phone manufacturers where it hurts...the wallet.

You mention things like voice search and how you have had that for years well that's the point...if that is deemed to break apples patent you can't have it because google will remove it and you'll have to use an old undeveloped version. Same with data tapping, etc.

Apple are trying to make android a second rate rival by litigating to remove things iphone can do so that iphone is seen as the only user friendly phone.

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editions/CAownKXmAQ/bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk 2

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Funny how windows mobile had voice command years before ios existed. MS should cripple apple and demand it is removed.

Or how about it is an obvious idea to anyone, nobody owns it and everyone wins. Which is what should be happening anyway. Copyright your code by all means, but the idea of voice commands actually goes back to Star Trek. Maybe Roddenberry's estate should pay apple a visit.

Call and email the US Attorney General and demand an investigation into these shenanigans. They are wasting tons of our money abusing our courts.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Keep calling them out for what they are, liars, thieves, and slave owners. Spread the word, encourage others to boycott, and help defeat these self entitled greedmongers.

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
People who flash roms might buy a phone with no os but most people wouldn't and apple know this and know they can hit android phone manufacturers where it hurts...the wallet.

You mention things like voice search and how you have had that for years well that's the point...if that is deemed to break apples patent you can't have it because google will remove it and you'll have to use an old undeveloped version. Same with data tapping, etc.

Apple are trying to make android a second rate rival by litigating to remove things iphone can do so that iphone is seen as the only user friendly phone.

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editions/CAownKXmAQ/bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. And iphone is less user friendly but get rid of the robot and what do you have?

Reactions: c5satellite2

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
I would compare crApple to Fisher Price, but I wouldn't want to insult FP!

The masses are conned into believing that their products are high quality devices that "just work". Funny how that couldn't be further than the truth. Just check out crApple's own forums. Hundreds and hundreds of pages of users with the same problems that never get fixed. Actually very funny to read.

Long live open source, long live Android!

Last edited:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I would compare crApple to Fisher Price, but I wouldn't want to insult FP!

The masses are conned into believing that their products are high quality devices that "just work". Funny how that couldn't be further than the truth. Just check out crApple's own forums. Hundreds and hundreds of pages of users with the same problems that never get fixed. Actually very funny to read.

Long live open source, long live Android!

They actually are high quality products that for the most part just work. Every electronic device has issues, and when you have millions and millions of people that own a particular device and some band together on internet forums to complain of course it is going to seem like they have a lot of problems. Truth is, only a small percentage of iPhone users have issues, Antennagate aside. Apple would not have gotten to where they are if they didn't sell very high quality products. I love every Apple product I own and can definitely attest to their quality. I will never, and I mean NEVER buy any laptop that does not say MacBook Pro on it ever again. I even loved my iPhone, I just love Android even more. Sure Apple makes some very questionable decisions, and really holds out on adding features to their products but that doesn't mean that the product they put out isn't very good.

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
They actually are high quality products that for the most part just work. Every electronic device has issues, and when you have millions and millions of people that own a particular device and some band together on internet forums to complain of course it is going to seem like they have a lot of problems. Truth is, only a small percentage of iPhone users have issues, Antennagate aside. Apple would not have gotten to where they are if they didn't sell very high quality products. I love every Apple product I own and can definitely attest to their quality. I will never, and I mean NEVER buy any laptop that does not say MacBook Pro on it ever again. I even loved my iPhone, I just love Android even more. Sure Apple makes some very questionable decisions, and really holds out on adding features to their products but that doesn't mean that the product they put out isn't very good.

Yet everyone I know with an iPhone has issues with it, and I know a lot of people with iPhones, yet they just put up with it. That should be their slogan... Apple "you just put up with it, cause someone told me it was beautiful"

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Yet everyone I know with an iPhone has issues with it, and I know a lot of people with iPhones, yet they just put up with it. That should be their slogan... Apple "you just put up with it, cause someone told me it was beautiful"

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

And everyone I know has no issues with theirs... and I had none with mine as far as actual problems were concerned. Massive annoyances, yes, but everything worked the way it was designed to. The whole "Apple makes crap products but everybody things their great because Apple tells them so" argument is childish and comical. They have built a reputation for making quality devices because they actually make quality devices. It's cool that you don't like them, but that doesn't make them any less quality.

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
Apple can ban away. Look what happened with the One series and linkify. Google could sell the Nexus with no OS on it and we would still buy it. Why? because Android is open sourced and we can put on or take of what ever we want.

wait a minute.....I like this idea.....sell hardware with nothing on it.....customer buys it, part of the initial powering on is to accept an over the air software install that comes directly from Google's servers. This way the hardware manufacturers as long as they avoid the obvious hardware offences....then Apple can't sue them over software features.

Force Apple to go after Google instead of haggling the hardware manufacturers. Because something tells me the reason they go after the little guys is because they know in a Apple vs. Google all-in case Apple would lose.

Last edited:

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
I seen an article that came out today saying the judge was calling appl absurd and childish idk but doubt it'll be banned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

xdaid

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2009
Apple would not have gotten to where they are if they didn't sell very high quality products.

This makes me laugh a bit. Not too long ago big Tobacco's companies were at the top, so cigarettes are high quality products then?
In this world if you sell BS or good stuff does not matter, it's all about marketing.

Btw, for those who still believe the poor apple is just protecting itself from nasty and bigger companies then take a look here, there's no bigger company all over the world:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/10/technology/apple_market_cap/index.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: c5satellite2

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
This makes me laugh a bit. Not too long ago big Tobacco's companies were at the top, so cigarettes are high quality products then?
In this world if you sell BS or good stuff does not matter, it's all about marketing.

Btw, for those who still believe the poor apple is just protecting itself from nasty and bigger companies then take a look here, there's no bigger company all over the world:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/10/technology/apple_market_cap/index.htm

Are you really comparing Apple to big tobacco? And you expect me to take that seriously?

xtc714

Jan 4, 2012
d03604a4-1cb9-64e1.jpg

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 using Tapatalk 2

jmitr

May 18, 2008
Castlegar
I have to agree with some users here, like it or not apple makes quality products. They also are great for ease of use (come on, how many non tech friends did you recommend the iphone too?, myself, a metric fucton. My own wife is not overly technical and therefor has an ipad.). Great product support (warranty, which you can even buy after the fact), and....admit it, great marketing.

I have never wanted an apple product myself. I personaly dislike Itunes, and I have never been a fan of their closed system. As a Pilot, I love my tech, my flightbag has always featured tech toys (pda, winmo, now Android for both phone and tablet). I have 4 kids, the oldest is 14 and his first tech purchase was a transformer prime, like his Dad he prefers tinkering with his tech.

BUT! Apple is very, very succsesful. Their products are popular for good reason. Second but, I have never liked Apples business practises, now....I despise them. Apple does not need to do what they are doing, competition is healthy and spurs inovation. Many people say science fiction spurs science fact. This is true, look at popular sci fi movies, and shows such as Buck Rogers, Star Trek etc and you will reckonize many of our current tech toys. Tablets / slates / pads......lots of examples. Voice commands / search....come on, lots of that. But Apple manages to get stupid patents like scrolling lists, changing screen orientation etc etc, thing that are either common culture, common sense, or both.

Apple makes great products. There are so many people that are die hard Apple fans I honestly believe they have nothing to worry about. Never mind ios vrs Android vrs windows phone, or " I'm a mac and I'm a pc". Apple helped speed up the mobile sector in 2007 - 2008, no one will ever argue that. Since then? Seriously doesn't matter, every Iphone released has been the most popular phone ever (single phone....not operating system or manufacturer). They do not need to do what they are doing. Apple should be happy someone woke up (Google / Android) and has continued to inovate......and move forward. Once again, competition is healthy and spurs constant inovation.

I will personally not support Apple financialy. I will also stop recommending them to my tech dead friends (Samsung S3's for them!). I cannot morally support a company that has stooped as low as Apple. They want to be the only tech Company out there, with other tech Companies happilly making components for thier products. They do not believe in competition, free markets, and most importantly, they do not believe in free knowledge.

Apple, your products in my house will be replaced with Android equivalents (My Wife wants an S3 and a nexus 7). I will no longer give you one penny, or reccomend you to anyone unless you start competing with inovation again instead of litigation.

That, is the real issue here, not the quality of their products but thier philosophy and business practises.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xxKamikazexx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does the Galaxy Nexus have to do with the HTC One X?

lol 22 posts and you're already a rent-a-mod. You move quickly.
    What I take offense against is name calling....Droidtards, iSheep, Androids, Sheeps etc etc. How old are you - 15? Everyone has different priorities and their device serves those. If yours is to put a different widget on the screen everyday - that doesn't make you smarter than those who don't. Some people just want to use their smart phone as a phone. They have work, family and life to deal with. Limiting, openness, open source etc are all relative. Most of the common folks are not tech savy enough or care about technology enough to mod their devices. Apple serves them. And, it has been paying off for them handsomely - good for them. Google has different priority - collect all information in the world - thus, free android - so we keep using their OS/search engine. Even they are not dumb enough to open source their cash cow - their search engine/ad serving code (adwords, adsense etc.). Do you start calling those who use google search - gSheep because it is not open? did you know that if you are a site utilizing their google adsense to serve ads - they dont even tell you how much cut do they keep. All you get to know is impressions, clicks and revenue. An advertiser may be paying $50 per 1000 clicks but google may keep $25 and you won't even know that. Hows that for being open?

I agree completely. I had an iPhone 4S for a few months and while I did have some serious gripes with it, I did like it very much. Does that make me an iSheep? No. It just means that I like cool things. I have a friend that has a Kindle Fire and he was giving me tons of crap about my iPad and how Android was so much better because it's not locked down like the iPad is. He even called me an iSheep. I started cracking up. Amazon took Android, and locked it down with the EXACT SAME PLAN as Apple does with their products. So he's arguing that he didn't want an iPad because of the "walled garden" yet bought a Kindle Fire that has the exact same core concept. Unless you root, you are locked into Amazon's app store. People just like to toss out stupid names because it makes them feel better about whatever product they chose to buy. Bottom line is Apple makes awesome products and THAT'S why people buy them, not because they are sheep to Steve Jobs'/Tim Cook's shepherd. I think anyone who uses stupid terms like iSheep is being incredibly childish, and Android fan boys are FAR more rabid and deserving of a title like that than most iPhone users, sorry to say. I don't give a crap what logo is on my toys, if it's cool then damn sure I'm going to buy it.

All that said, I do think it is ridiculous what Apple is doing. Sure they kickstarted the smartphone and tablet revolution, but they certainly didn't invent them. I had a windows XP tablet (with an incredibly powerful crusoe processor lol) long before the iPad came out. They were able to make these devices popular because of their existing popularity and marketing skills. I'm not saying that these devices aren't great because they are. I own a bunch of Apple devices, but nothing that they have done since the release of the original iPhone or iPad has been incredibly innovative, in regards to those devices. Every new iPhone/iPad or version of iOS has just been more of the same with minor spec bumps and very minor features added, and a lot of the features they add have been features of Android since the beginning (*cough* notification center *cough*). Heck, even Siri was a rip of Android's voice control. Sure they anthropomorphized it but Android had a functional voice control system long before Apple did. Now people are claiming that Android is ripping off Siri with the latest version on Jelly Bean. Are they f*cking kidding me? So they steal Android's ideas and that's cool because it's open source and they're allowed to, but they go after everybody who has a feature on their device that even remotely resembles something on theirs. I understand it's business, but enough is seriously enough. Instead of innovating their own product, they are trying to prevent other companies from innovating with theirs. It's a damn joke.
    Apple is going to destroy itself with all this. Human curiosity is going to be their downfall. When one person goes after another person gossip happens. Well same thing with companies. And cuz of human curiosity iOS users will switch over to Android to find out what the big deal is. Apple is almost self destructive. I left apple iOS devices because of their take it or leave it attitude.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Google could just do one simple thing to fix Apple, stop YouTube from working on iOS devices. Apple can come up with its own maps program, email services are a dime a dozen... YouTube on the other hand belongs to Google and apple has no way to replace it. Would be like Facebook cutting off android.

How many Iphone users would ditch apple the second they couldn't watch YouTube on their phones anymore. If apple wants to act like a butt hurt child then I say give them a reason to be butt hurt.

You know how apple could deal with this competition problem, MAKE A PHONE that people want to buy over an android phone! This whole corporate "If you can't beat them, sue them." is just going to slow down tech growth. Apple had the majority smartphone market share for the longest time because they had the best phones. Now Android phones have that market share because they have innovated and given the consumers what they want, and that is choice. You want a cheap ass smartphone, there is a android phone for you. Do you want a powerhouse phone with massive screen? Android has what you are looking for. Are you someone that loves to tweak the crap out of your phone well you go ahead and flash different roms and kernels on your phone, android has you covered.

You want a phone that is powerful but overpriced, has a small screen, locked up and love to have to have a secondary program just to put mp3s on your phone... Well.. Apple is here to bend you over and give it to you good. As a plus we even tell you what apps you are allowed to put on your phone and only those apps, because we know what's best for you.

God bless Apple for protecting us from choice, having more than one option in life is scary and confusing.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    d03604a4-1cb9-64e1.jpg

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 using Tapatalk 2