[GUIDE] Remove Fingerprint Animation (for faster unlock)

Search This thread

Typhus_

Hello!

For everyone who wants to remove the fingerprint animation, that greatly decreases the time to unlock the device, you just have to:

1 - Install the app Settings Database Editor
2 - Open the app
3 - Touch on "+ Add new setting"
4 - Type fod_animation_type
5 - Save changes
6 - Set 4 as value
7 - Save changes
8 - Done

This app does not require root.

To enable the animation again just remove that setting or edit the value (to 1 or 2 or even 3)

Cheers!

Vip.Shaper

Jun 3, 2016
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello!

For everyone who wants to remove the fingerprint animation, that greatly decreases the time to unlock the device, you just have to:

Useful instruction, I think many will come in handy and like it. Only the speed does not seem to affect, either for the better or for the worse. But still, turning off the animation - a useful thing).
Thank!)

Last edited:
Reactions: TiagOverminD

Anurag151143526

Apr 13, 2016
Hey brother i need urgent help

I have indian mi A3 which comes with stock Android
Is there any way to install miui rom ?

I want to root in stock android ? Help me

Reactions: [GS]

jorgeee

Jan 10, 2019
Hello!

2 - Open the app
5 - Save changes
6 - Set 4 as value
7 - Save changes
8 - Done

To enable the animation again just remove that setting or edit the value (to 1 or 2 or even 3)

Cheers!
thank you sir

TiagOverminD

Dec 27, 2018
Do you know somethig about volume up headphones via SETEDIT... Aways change in setedit home screen but no diference at all

neoxcool

Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for this tip. It is certainly faster as don't have to wait for animation to unlock. By the way, is there a way to stop fingerprint vibration too? That will save battery ...

jnik79

Aug 21, 2008
Heraclion - Crete
The speed gain from this is minimal, though without the animation you can tell that the delay is probably the software's fault and not the sensors . Just put your finger on the sensor and remove it immediately. You 'll see that it unlocks but with the same delay as if you had your finger on it. So from my point of view there's still hope for a faster unlock on a future update.

Reactions: OrnobAhmed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

2 - Open the app
    5 - Save changes
    6 - Set 4 as value
    7 - Save changes
    8 - Done

Cheers!
    Thats placebo, the fingerprint wont be fast cause the animation is gone...
    Hey brother i need urgent help

I have indian mi A3 which comes with stock Android
    Is there any way to install miui rom ?

I want to root in stock android ? Help me

The only reason most people would buy this device is because of stock android and lack of xiaomi crapware. You want to use miui? Amazing.
    Thanks man, was looking for this for a while now. Do you have any idea how can I disable the green dot that appears on the screen on the fingerprint as well?
    Yeah, disable FP sensor.. :) The green circle is how sensor illuminates the finger so it can see its features.

Btw. animation doesn't make sensor any slower. It's there probably to distract user from waiting for the processing and unlocking (and to confirm that sensor is doing something).
    Wish there was a way to remove vibration. Sometimes i dont want to unlock, but it must vibrate.

Go to Settings - Accessibility - Vibration and set Touch Vibration to off.