DONT WANT A BRICK? Check here

Search This thread

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Thanks for the link, unfortunately the phone will not go into download mode for odin, it won't even turn on.
After doing some research it looks like I have to fix it through jtag.
I think I could do it, but you need some expensive jtag box that connects to the computer(It's called the Riff Box), but it would be cheaper if I just sent my phone into here it costs $60. Not ideal, but not a complete disaster either. Unless there is some other way to JTAG I am out of options.

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/

Thanks.

Correct, quit wasting time looking for a fix, it is not there, I did the same, so send it to the link you have, Josh is good, he had my phone back in 3 days.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

also a gs2 jig worked on mine and it was cdma.

THE JIG WILL NOT WORK! I tried that also. The jig is for soft brick, to get you into download mode only. So if you can get into download mode, is the only solution. Send the phone for repair.

darren.wlsn1

Jul 14, 2008
Hershey PA
Correct, quit wasting time looking for a fix, it is not there, I did the same, so send it to the link you have, Josh is good, he had my phone back in 3 days.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

THE JIG WILL NOT WORK! I tried that also. The jig is for soft brick, to get you into download mode only. So if you can get into download mode, is the only solution. Send the phone for repair.

easy CAPS, my issue was same as his and YES the gs2 jig got me to dl mode.:crying:

mlinskiy87

Mar 5, 2010
BRICKED flashing correct rom!

Hey guys, I don't know if I'm the first one but I made sure I downloaded the proper rom (HighOnAndroid) for my T-Mobile GS3 and now it's bricked :(. What do I do now? It's not like this is my first time flashing a custom rom either.

When I plug the phone to my pc the device shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD but there is no led for battery or anything. The only time I see the led is when I pull the battery out and plug the USB cable. Obviously the DOWNLOAD mode isn't working and from what I understand the only solution is to get it JTAGGED which isn't something I can do myself and need to send it to get serviced. This is gonna cost me $60 though...

Can anyone confirm and/or have any suggestions before I proceed?

Thank you XDA for the great service you provide!

Last edited:

orrorin

Aug 28, 2009
Yeahhh, I just bricked my S3 as well. So, it does show up in device manager as "Unknown Device," do you guys thing I can still find a way to flash a correct kernel?

My mistake:
Flashing i9300 CM10 nightly
Flashing i9300 Siyah Kernel

Thoughts?

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Yeahhh, I just bricked my S3 as well. So, it does show up in device manager as "Unknown Device," do you guys thing I can still find a way to flash a correct kernel?

My mistake:
Flashing i9300 CM10 nightly
Flashing i9300 Siyah Kernel

Thoughts?

Dont take this the wrong way. Read,read,read the op a few times. Try using Odin to restore your phone. I dont own this device,but that's the most common fix I read around here,when people mess up.

sidmuer

Sep 7, 2011
is the Wind mobile T999 model compatible with the Tmo roms here?
I don't see any specific Wind or Mobilicty specific roms.
However, the forum I'm in says Tmobile, Wind, etc...

My buddy has a Wind s3, and I don't want to flash his on assumptions.

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Dont take this the wrong way. Read,read,read the op a few times. Try using Odin to restore your phone. I dont own this device,but that's the most common fix I read around here,when people mess up.

Ok found another way users can easily brick there device.

I'm not 100% sure about Odin for the PC but with Mobile Odin and a modded build.prop Mobile Odin will read the build.prop and setup the partition mapping according the the model it finds in the build.prop (Google Wallet Fix) thus flashing something with Mobile Odin will brick the device.

Also I can confirm mobiletechvideos can fix your S3 but if you have a hard brick call in for a warranty these phone are not 1 year old yet as long as you have no damage on the phone they will send you a new one.

Desktop Odin I believe pulls the partition info from the phone and not the build.prop but I could be wrong.

I have confirmed this with Chainfire...

Quote - Quite likely, you will brick your device so hard only a JTAG unit will be able to revive it. A service center will replace the mainboard (about half the price of a new device) to fix such a brick. I would strongly advise against making a program that writes raw partitions believe it's on a different phone than it really is.

Last edited:

driftnut56

Nov 24, 2009
Calgary
As of right now, the roms for your S3 are not meant to be used on other S3 variants. Bricks might happens or a soft one might happen. Before flashing a Rom make sure you are in the right development section an you read the entire op, twice. Until other devs or experienced users find a way to make them cross compatible, please refrain from using other carriers S3 roms.

Also wind mobile an Tmobile are not interchangeable.

I will submit my experience with the WIND and T-Mobile interchange thingy. Tried to flash a wind radio to my T-Mobile S3 and it soft bricked my phone. I was able to restore it so all its well. Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Mike130784

Sep 8, 2010
Schiedam
Can any one tell me then in wich specific type of S III forum i would have to be for rooting etc,.

i just got my new phone the T-Mobile Titanium grey S III

Model GT-I9300
Android 4.0.4
Baseband I9300BOLH2
Kernel 3.0.15-928452
Build IMM76D.I9300XXBLH3

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Can any one tell me then in wich specific type of S III forum i would have to be for rooting etc,.

Model GT-I9300
Android 4.0.4
Baseband I9300BOLH2
Kernel 3.0.15-928452
Build IMM76D.I9300XXBLH3

Sorry, but shouldn't he be in the international forum? Model i9300. Might brick if he flashes anything here....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Model GT-I9300
Android 4.0.4
Baseband I9300BOLH2
Kernel 3.0.15-928452
Build IMM76D.I9300XXBLH3

There's a great guide in the development section that gives ua step by step on how to root without tripping the flash counter and voiding ur warranty..check it out

Sent from my Galaxy S3 disguised as a GNote 2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of right now, the roms for your S3 are not meant to be used on other S3 variants. Bricks might happens or a soft one might happen. Before flashing a Rom make sure you are in the right development section an you read the entire op, twice. Until other devs or experienced users find a way to make them cross compatible, please refrain from using other carriers S3 roms.

Also wind mobile an Tmobile are interchangeable, just don't flash the modems.

ONLY FLASH THE ROMS IN THIS FORUM!
    so the thread says T-Mobile, Wind, Mobilicity, Videotron Samsung Galaxy S III > T-Mobile Galaxy S III Android Development i have the t999 t mobile correct me if im wrong this for all those or just the t999? sorry if thats noobish :confused: a bit

This forum is PRIMARILY for the T999. But it is practically identical to the Canadian T999V model which is used by Mobilicity, Videotron and Wind. Other carriers use both of these models, but these are the main ones.
    The biggest, and from what I can tell, the only difference is in the firmware. The partition layout is the same, but the data stored on those partitions is different (to what extent it is different, or whether it is different on every partition, I cannot say).

T999V users are able to safely use Roms built for the T999, including the kernels. The only thing that is incompatible is the modem. It will flash successfully (aka, wont brick) but it simply will not work on the other networks.
    As far as I can tell, CWM and TWRP recoveries are built only for the T999, but can be used on the T999V. This can cause issues though when trying to install in certain ways, and can potentially also cause problems if trying to install something that does a check to confirm the device model. I do not think this will cause any harm though, it will just fail out.

Also, I should go ahead and note that the AT&T model, SGH-I747, is also very close, but not quite, identical to the T999. Close enough though that some have flashed kernels and Roms developed for the I747 without issue. For most people, I do not recommend trying this! Only use a properly ported version.

Flashing Roms made for other models, particularly the International models, is NOT recommended! The I9300 and I9305 model Roms will almost certainly Brick your T999!!!

In general, I make one very strong suggestion....Only Flash What You Find In THIS Forum!!!!!
    I hope that helps guys!

I second this, guys PLEASE don't risk it. It is not worth it. Right now I think most devs are working on their own ROMs, but we should have a patch soon to allow cross-compatibility.

Model GT-I9300
    Android 4.0.4
    Baseband I9300BOLH2
    Kernel 3.0.15-928452
    Build IMM76D.I9300XXBLH3

The T-Mobile development section
    I am working on this so that all roms will work on all carriers
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735482