[MOD] boot animations for note ii - UPDATED

Search This thread

nerys71

May 13, 2008
your permissions are probably wrong.

either way do the same thing EXCEPT don't copy any files.

delete the files in media. delete the file in bin rename the file in bin and THEN use rom toolbox to install your desired boot animation (careful SOME boot animations are zip recovery installs you need to open them up and extract the bootanimation out of them if its one of those)

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
Reame samsung ani to bootanimation not bootanimation.zip

Go to system/media/ui and deleate or rename [I rename to xxxxxx.ogg"_bk" without quotes for all delete or rename files] then drop ur bootanimation.zip into system/media or use rom toolbox. Rom toolbox defaults to data/local location. Change this to system/media. But either will work. But if u dobt change the last part if u cwm install a boot animation it wont work.

Also make sure that not only the desc.txt file in your boot ani is 720x1200 but that the imgs are also 720x1200 it is a requored change for jpg boot animations. Not necesaraly required for png boot animations tho I have recently had it matter for one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
Yea I ment 700x1280
But 720x1280 shuld work too

Also 1280x720 gifs or anything that sizes can be modded and then rotated.

Jpgs are smaller but unless its somthing animated or uses a low ammount of colors I recomend no compression or png.

If you convert any png to jpg you need to make sure you color the transparancys black instead of white. White is the default in photoshop.

Last edited:

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Reame samsung ani to bootanimation not bootanimation.zip

Go to system/media/ui and deleate or rename [I rename to xxxxxx.ogg"_bk" without quotes for all delete or rename files] then drop ur bootanimation.zip into system/media or use rom toolbox. Rom toolbox defaults to data/local location. Change this to system/media. But either will work. But if u dobt change the last part if u cwm install a boot animation it wont work.

Also make sure that not only the desc.txt file in your boot ani is 720x1200 but that the imgs are also 720x1200 it is a requored change for jpg boot animations. Not necesaraly required for png boot animations tho I have recently had it matter for one.

In system/bin am I simply renaming the original stock "samsgunani" file to "bootanimation?" If that is the case that is the step that I messed up. What I did was delete the "samsungani" file and dropped bootanimation.zip in there. I will retry again.

Also: regarding trying to get rid of boot sounds (PowerOff.ogg and PowerOn.ogg) I tried to rename them figuring that would stop them from triggering but that didn't not work. Do I have to totally delete them?

Last edited:

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
In system/bin am I simply renaming the original stock "samsgunani" file to "bootanimation?" If that is the case that is the step that I messed up. What I did was delete the "samsungani" file and dropped bootanimation.zip in there. I will retry again.

Also: regarding trying to get rid of boot sounds (PowerOff.ogg and PowerOn.ogg) I tried to rename them figuring that would stop them from triggering but that didn't not work. Do I have to totally delete them?

No delete or rename samsungani. Rename. "boot animation " to "samsungani".... .zip goes in system/media... re sounds rename should

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: prepaidguy9081

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
all i get is a blank screen regardless of what bootanimation i use through romtoolbox

i think its because i overwrote the original bootanimation file in system/bin with the bootanimation i wanted...does anyone have a copy of that original bootanimation file or their modified samsungani file located in system/bin that they could lend me?

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
Put the linked file in system bin
http://db.tt/8ymu1zKX
Put this file in system media
http://db.tt/WE81trIZ
Delete the other three files whichbu should have done already

See if u get the hypercube boot animation

Be sure to rename the tesseract.zip to bootanimation.zip

After all that if it works

Point rom toolbox to install to system/media

If it was set on another location go delete that bootanimation.zip that it installed to the location that is not system/media (tho it will work too. Itll make it easyer for you later on)

If none of this works

Reflash your rom without wipes and start over. [Do not change roms use the same one your on]

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yea I got backwards but op states that. Is it confusing?

To be honest I'm very confused by the whole thing. I still to this moment can't get what I'm doing wrong. I was able to restore my original boot animation but am yet to get an non-stock boot animation.

I think it may be a lot more clear if you number the steps (step 1, step 2, step 3, etc) and make clear exactly what file has to be renamed, changed or deleted.

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
Put the linked file in system bin
http://db.tt/8ymu1zKX
Put this file in system media
http://db.tt/WE81trIZ
Delete the other three files whichbu should have done already

See if u get the hypercube boot animation

Be sure to rename the tesseract.zip to bootanimation.zip

After all that if it works

Point rom toolbox to install to system/media

If it was set on another location go delete that bootanimation.zip that it installed to the location that is not system/media (tho it will work too. Itll make it easyer for you later on)

If none of this works

Reflash your rom without wipes and start over. [Do not change roms use the same one your on]

you know what I just realized? I'm on a stock ROM..is that an issue? I am rooted of course, but will a stock rom allow for diff boot screens? I know some HTC's required a kernel change for them to be taken, but i never heard of this on samsung

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
Heres some 320*480 boot animations
http://androidarea51.com/custom-boo...animations-samsung-precedent/msg8604/#msg8604

They need to be modded to 720x1280 for the note ii. Totaly dooable.

If you request a mod ill try to find the time. [Claptrap will never be wide enuff without scewing the aspect ratio] or tall enuff I should say since its sideways.

Theres also a huge pack of borderlands 2 ringtones overthere I did [pulled from game .puk file] that will work on the note ii. They are all .mp3
From 1-60ish seconds long. Lots of weapons adds n zed ect.

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
I'm sorry....if I'd like to revert back to stick bootanimations.... should I do as follows?

1. delete from system/media/ bootanimation.zip
2. delete system/bin/samsungani so to have only system/bin/bootanimation
3. replace back bootsamsung.qmg & bootsamsungloop.qmg in system/media from stock rom (or backup as I have them in backup)

...and that's it???

EDIT: Mmmm..I tried and now I had a black screen with only boot sound.... so I made a copy of my bootanimation and renamed it as samsungani and now I see the little "android" word boot animation that is not the stock bootanimation I had before....

Sent from my ☠GT-i9300XXELK4-DarkyROM-v7.0 using XDA app

Last edited:

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
I'm sorry....if I'd like to revert back to stick bootanimations.... should I do as follows?

1. delete from system/media/ bootanimation.zip
2. delete system/bin/samsungani so to have only system/bin/bootanimation
3. replace back bootsamsung.qmg & bootsamsungloop.qmg in system/media from stock rom (or backup as I have them in backup)

...and that's it???

EDIT: Mmmm..I tried and now I had a black screen with only boot sound.... so I made a copy of my bootanimation and renamed it as samsungani and now I see the little "android" word boot animation that is not the stock bootanimation I had before....

Sent from my ☠GT-i9300XXELK4-DarkyROM-v7.0 using XDA app

What you see is the "real" animation.... more or less delete the boot animation you put in system/media and put this in its place. . Flash this

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Attachments

• iNfested-40x-Nex.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use rom toolbox to install or rename to bootanimation.zip and place in system/media using root explorer

Note rom toolbox defaults to data/local
    This directory will work too but if u cwm flash another boot ani later, it will not take, data/local has priority, so change it in rom toolbox or pull the bootanimation out of the cwm zip [zip within a zip]

You must also
    Navigate to system/media
    Delete or rename bootsamsungloop.qmg and bootsamsung.qmg
    Navigate to system/bin
    Delete or rename samsungani
    Rename bootanimation to samsungani

Update, the previous segment dose not need to be done in most if not all roms for this device now.

Update, That also means that the following will not restore stock boot animation if that is the case.

Now if you want to revert back to stock
    Rename samsungani to bootanimation
    Take _bk off the ends of the three other files.
    If you deleated the files see the links at the bottem of the post.

To add stock shutdown to a rom rename bootsamsung.qmg to shutdown.qmg and place in system/media/video

You may haft to make the folder called video

IMPORTANT NOTE: TO DO BOOT ANIMATION MODS NO CHANGE OF PERMISSIONS IS NECESARY

If I helped you find a boot animation u like, please hit that thanks button

Update, spinning mario not working.
    androidarea51spinning_320x480zip_zpsb7db0192.gif

DOWNLOAD

tumber_zpse58f8c6b.gif

DOWNLOAD

FightClubPunchingYourself_zpscb4b415b.gif

DOWNLOAD

8-bit_3d_mario_zpsea9f588e.gif

DOWNLOAD this has been fixed

soundwave_zps34befb0a.gif

DOWNLOAD

tesseract_zpse3a6e919.gif

this preview is a little off from the real boot ani
    DOWNLOAD

Further note, you can resize any png img boot ani using desc
    If the imgs r jpeg you must convert them to ping then edit the desc, or resize every img if that did not work.
    Imgs with transparancys MUST BE RESIZED
    Change first two values in desc to 720 1280
    Zip part0 and other parts n desc.txt to root of zip, using winrar and make sure its a .zip and your just storing, no compression
    DO NOT ZIP THE PARENT DIRECTORY
    THAT IS EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT
    ONLY ZIP THE FOLDERS PART0 ECT AND DESC.TXT TO THE ROOT OF THE ZIP

Files to revert to stock

These two files go in system/media
    Bootsamsung.qmg.qmg
    http://db.tt/Y0q8nWft
    Bootsamsungloop.qmg
    http://db.tt/SWW8IrKP
    These two files go in system/bin
    Bootanimation
    http://db.tt/soJp0Mb5
    Samsungani
    http://db.tt/8RPQ9d6F

Well, I'm no graphics design artist, but I did make a new boot animation for my Note II. Not sure how to export it as a gif, but here's the video that it's from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8&t=0m27s

It'll definately put you into a good mood every time you restart your phone! :laugh:

PS: Created in Boot Animation Factory, flashed via Rom Toolbox.

ok, make a boot ani from gif 101
    get gif cutter.exe for windows
    open giff and cut.
    now get photoshop and resize each img to 720x1280 and save as a png
    now put all that in folder called part0
    now pull a desc.txt from another boot ani and repace the first two values with 720 and 1280
    put all that in a folder called bootanimation [bootanimation/part0 &desc.txt]
    now get winrar
    now open bootanimation folder and select both desc.txt and part0
    rightclick
    add to archive
    choose zip and store only
    put that zip in system/media after following the op instructions for file renaming [if on saber kernel you do not need to rename, but perseous and bullet kernels you must rename]

reboot

as a caution before you replace bootanimation with an untested one, makr a backup [if the boot dosent load you must restore cuz it wont kick to your lock screen]

if you do all this and no luck. let me know and i will try, but you try forst and see if you get this to work.

as for led colors there are apps on this forum and in play store to solve this. happy hunting.

just search for "led color" or "led notifacation" in play store

Sent from my SGH-T889
    First. Did u change the names or deleate the files in the op?
    Boitanimation must be renamed samsungani in those directions but u can delet the rest
    To disable sound for poweron/poweroff you need to look in system/media.
    To disable shudown thats in media/video

Names are what they do

Now your boot

Put it on ur computer
    Unzip it
    Check to make sure the imgs are 720x1280, if they are not you MUST change them to this.
    Then change the first two values in the desc txt to 720 1280
    Then select the part folder and desc.txt and right click and add to archive [I use winrar.
    Then at that screen choose zip, choose store only under compression.

[Note png files that have no transparancys you may he able to just change the desc file size notes, key word may; jpg you MUST RESIZE EVERY IMG]

Now drop that into system/media

Go check data/local

Make sure theres not a boot ani their [or u can use this location too, it will work]

And presto your boot animation should work

If u do all of this and still have problems, pm me. Because these are the steps I take for all my boot animations and mine 99% work on various devices [8bit mario gave me some trouble <transparancys>]

I hope this clears up some problems for you do it yourselfer boot ani lovers

Ohh side note

Gif splitter

Reaize imgs n save as jpeg or png
    Write a desc.txt or copy n mod one and presto, a boot animation for you

Sent from my SGH-T889
    Screenshots please! :p
    And would this work on the Samsung version of Note 2? :p Not sure how the naming goes!
    to carlton poster. are you wanting this ported to note ii?

Sent from my SGH-T889