[Q] SGS ROM saved on external SD

Search This thread

svex88

Jan 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

This is my first post so excuse me in advance.

Two days ago I wanted to update my Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) with CyanogenMod. So I read the instructions and began working on it by myself.

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) with CF ROOT and ODIN3 1.7. It was all good. I was running the 2.3.4 version XXJVQ.
I immediately made a complete backup with CWM. It also went good. After that my SuperUser app notified about update and I updated it.
There came up THE FIRST PROBLEM with SU binaries. The phone failed to update SU binaries. I decided to uninstall update because I couldn't manage to solve that issue on the other way. Then THE SECOND PROBLEM appeared with WIFI. I couldn't connect to any network. It was constantly saying "Obtaining IP...". I tried several ways including the tricks with AllShare, Static IP, reseting router, turning the phone ON/OFF but nothing worked. Then I decided to flash CyanogenMod ROM regardless od previous problems hoping that the update itself will solve the issues.
I downloaded CM 10.2 (latest stable version) and appropriate Gapps. Then I copied those two .zip files to the phone. This is where I made THE MAJOR PROBLEM I think. Instead of copying those files to the internal memory of the phone I copied it to the external SD card. I taught SD was only abrreviation for external SD card but nevertheless it was my mistake. Not realising that I made a terrible mistake I continued with process. I wiped data/ factory reset, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache and than realised that I cannot flash ROM because it was not there. Then THE LATEST PROBLEM appeared. I restored everything from before and tried to reboot but i got into LOOP BOOT. I tried every solution I found here but I still cannot solve problems. I put out the battery, and rooted the phone again. I installed md5. tar file again so that I could use CWM again. I tried to use ADB but I don't understand how to use it from WIndows 7 (32bit). I installed ADB adn Fastboot to PC but I don't know how to operate it. It just shows the abbreviations and what they mean and do.

Is there anyone who can help me start my phone. I would like to get back to stock ROM or to somehow copy CM 10.2 and Gapps to internal storage so I can flash it.

Thanks in advance.

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Is there anyone who can help me start my phone. I would like to get back to stock ROM or to somehow copy CM 10.2 and Gapps to internal storage so I can flash it.

you can flash from any (internal or External) SD card, just look at basic CWM procedure here [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat, also you can flash back to stock and solve your problems

svex88

Jan 8, 2014
you can flash from any (internal or External) SD card, just look at basic CWM procedure here [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat, also you can flash back to stock and solve your problems

I want to do the following but I don't know where to find these files for XXJVQ version?

Procedure:

1. Fire up Odin3 on your PC and ensure KIES is not running on your PC by killing (Kies.exe , KiesTrayAgent.exe, and KiesPDLR.exe) using Task Manager

2. Put the phone to the Download Mode by pressing (VolumeDown+Home+Power) buttons and connect the phone to your PC (your phone should be recognized)

3. Select PDA > CODE_I9000XXJVU_CL851880_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.m d5

4. Select PHONE > MODEM_I9000XXJVU_REV_00_CL1092175.tar.md5

5. Select CSC > GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVU.tar.md5

6. Select PIT > 512 PIT (If 'Re-Partition' is not checked under 'Option', check it)

7. Press the Start button Do not press anything else or interrupt it, wait for flashing process to complete and phone will reboot

After which you repeat steps one and two (to flash the kernel for root and CWM recovery)

3. now select PDA > CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS

4. press Start Button. Do not press anything else or interrupt it, wait for flashing process to complete and phone will reboot