[Q] S4 or Note 3 Weatherwidget AGAIN

Search This thread

Manneman32

May 8, 2009
Sweden
Well... I have searched through the forum to find answers and also asked in some threads but no answers. So this is my last try...

Here´s the deal:

I rooted my phone using this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618261

This means that I don´t have a custom recovery (I guess)... just plain root.
I use stock 4.3 odexed and now I want to use the weatherwidget from either S4 or perhaps a MOD of the same. For installation I know I have to push it with a rootexplorer of some kind. I know all about permissions so I´m not new to this at all.

However... It´s hard to find what I´m looking for... and if I have concerns the thread is dead or something.

Can anyone give me a hint on what Weatherwidget I can use? As I wrote... I have Stock 4.3 ODEXED.

Best regards

Mufrad

Well... I have searched through the forum to find answers and also asked in some threads but no answers. So this is my last try...

Here´s the deal:

I rooted my phone using this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618261

This means that I don´t have a custom recovery (I guess)... just plain root.
I use stock 4.3 odexed and now I want to use the weatherwidget from either S4 or perhaps a MOD of the same. For installation I know I have to push it with a rootexplorer of some kind. I know all about permissions so I´m not new to this at all.

However... It´s hard to find what I´m looking for... and if I have concerns the thread is dead or something.

Can anyone give me a hint on what Weatherwidget I can use? As I wrote... I have Stock 4.3 ODEXED.

Best regards

Go to the themes and apps section, there you can find what you are looking for in the first or the second page. Remember to delete the odex file though when changing the AccuWeather app

Manneman32

May 8, 2009
Sweden
Thanx for the reply...

However... those few Weatherapps I found has too little info for me to dare pushing them. I found one that I really want to try but I don´t have the guts since I have a odexed rom... the thread doesn´t state for what ROM or anything.

Mufrad

Thanx for the reply...

However... those few Weatherapps I found has too little info for me to dare pushing them. I found one that I really want to try but I don´t have the guts since I have a odexed rom... the thread doesn´t state for what ROM or anything.

Just take a backup of your current widget, then push the AccuWeather app from s4 or note3 whichever you like and delete the odex file, restart, Note 3 and s4 both came with 4.3 so I don't think there will be any problems.

Manneman32

May 8, 2009
Sweden
Allright!

Looking into the ZIP I find that even the files in the "framework" and "lib" folders has ODEX-files in the stock folder... shall I remove them also or just the widget-ones?

Last edited:
S

sawdoctor

Don't know if it's any use to you but lucky patcher can odex deodexed apps

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Manneman32

May 8, 2009
Sweden
Hmmm... ok. The problem is that the widgets name is Accuweatherphone2013... not the same name as the stock. Or is that not a problem?