Useful Tasker Profiles

Search This thread

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
I figured we could start a collection of our Tasker profiles that we all use on our G2s. I haven't seen a thread for our specific phone while searching, so I wanted to start one (if there is one and I missed it, then mods, please delete this).

So what do you all use for Tasker profiles? I have one set to turn data on when my screen is on and off when my screen is off, but that's it for now really. I'm not too handy with Tasker yet, but I'd like to get some others set up in the future.

ulisko

Jul 13, 2013
Ankara
thx

I figured we could start a collection of our Tasker profiles that we all use on our G2s. I haven't seen a thread for our specific phone while searching, so I wanted to start one (if there is one and I missed it, then mods, please delete this).

So what do you all use for Tasker profiles? I have one set to turn data on when my screen is on and off when my screen is off, but that's it for now really. I'm not too handy with Tasker yet, but I'd like to get some others set up in the future.

thanks.

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
can anyone explain how to set Tasker to turn my mobile data off when my screen is off, but to kick it back on to sync every X minutes and as long as there isn't an active transfer?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
This is default behavior. Unless you're charged by connection time, it is pointless.

This isn't default behavior. What he's asking is to disable all background network activity when his screen is off. Which is pretty silly IMO, but perhaps he wants to monitor his data usage that closely.

Context: State Display->Display State: Off

Task:
Net->Mobile Data: Off

That should revert when the screen is on, so it will turn Mobile Data back on when the screen is back on.

If you really want to run every 15 minutes (for example)....

Context: State Display->Display State: Off
Time->From: 00:00 to 23:59 Repeat: 15 minutes

Task:
Net->Mobile Data: On
Task->Wait 1 minute

However, it might not be this simple. You might need additional logic, for example if Tasker is running the "turn data on for a minute" task and you turn the phone on, it might turn Mobile Data back off, because it'll revert the task. Things like this can introduce a little complication to such things, but not difficult. You could always check if the screen is on before turning off data, etc.

If you really want a way to check if traffic is being transfered, there's a post on XDA about it I found first thing when googling. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1892232

Last edited:

cchiapusio

May 1, 2008
Charlotte
www.llamas.net
G2 running CM11, disable double-tap wake during calls

I know this isn't a request thread but you guys seem to know your way around Tasker. CM11 has the "double-tap wake" option in Display settings but a common issue is that it isn't disabled by proximity sensor during phone calls causing the screen to turn on and go buck wild sending"face emails" and trading your fantasy football QB away. How can I turn double-tap wake off in a task?

Thanks,
Chip

Top Liked Posts