[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.3 I9505GUEUCNE3 Full Rooted Restore

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
NE3 is released.

WARNING: Stop asking if you can flash this on other phones. You can NOT. It is meant for the I9505G ONLY. This is NOT a "rom". This is a system image for the I9505G. Flashing to any other phone will brick it.

Kernel Source:

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-I9505G

OTA zip (must be sideloaded in stock recovery):

http://android.clients.google.com/p...USER_I9505G_XAR_UCML4_to_UCNE3_Update_FWD.zip

Root method (does not overwrite stock recovery):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tnzz95y5847z587/S4_GPE_ROOT.zip

ODIN FULL RECOVER IMAGE (root is built in):

Shamelessly stealing @MJHawaii instructions from this thread (THANK YOU):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2398217

(DISCLAIMER) Please read and follow the instructions carefully. I nor anyone else on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as you know it ends. Make sure you fully Understand what you're doing before you do it. Modifying any phone comes with a risk.

INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING: Please do not flash this if you're low on battery...go charge your phone!

o) Download the I9505GUEUCxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package from below
o) Make sure you have the USB Drivers installed and you have Odin 3.09 from below
o) Put your phone in download mode and connect it to USB:
-Disconnect the phone from USB
-Power OFF your phone
-Hold Volume Down, Home, and Power
-When the "WARNING!!!" screen comes up, release the buttons
-Volume up to enter download mode
-Connect the phone to USB
o) Open Odin
o) Click on AP, then select the I9505GUEUCxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package you downloaded
o) Odin will extract the tar md5 file from the gzip archive, and this will take a while...be patient
o) Once the tar md5 is loaded, make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )
o) Click Start and wait till it finishes flashing...your phone should reboot when it's done

NOTE: If your phone does not boot, then boot into stock recovery and Wipe Data Factory Reset.

DOWNLOADS:

ODIN 3.09

I9505GUEUCNE3_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz

A GIANT thank you to @MJHawaii for helping me learn this process!!!

Last edited:

imneo1

Mar 26, 2010
www.nexus-labs.info
Update:

I extracted the file from the 4.2.2 stock system dump and replaced it.
it has a different sha1sum than what was on the device but still i get the same error when sideload the 4.4.3 zip

got error "status 7" when sideload : "/system/bin/debuggerd" has unexpected contents."
can anyone extract the stock debuggerd file so i can replace at (/system/bin) ?

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Why are you making your life more difficult than you need? Just flash this odin package and be done with it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rohail6

thepindoctor

Sep 17, 2007
NE3 is released.

WARNING: Stop asking if you can flash this on other phones. You can NOT. It is meant for the I9505G ONLY. This is NOT a "rom". This is a system image for the I9505G. Flashing to any other phone will brick it.

Kernel Source:

Not posted yet

http://android.clients.google.com/p...USER_I9505G_XAR_UCML4_to_UCNE3_Update_FWD.zip

(DISCLAIMER) Please read and follow the instructions carefully. I nor anyone else on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as you know it ends. Make sure you fully Understand what you're doing before you do it. Modifying any phone comes with a risk.

Instructions

1. Download the I9505GUEUCNE3_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package from below
2. Make sure you have the USB Drivers installed and you have Odin 3.09
3. Please do not flash this if you're low on battery, Go charge your phone!
4. Open up Odin and click on PDA (or AP in 3.09+), then select the I9505GUEUCNE3_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package you downloaded
5. Odin will need to extract the tar md5 file from the gzip archive, and this will take a while
6. This is a massive file give it time to load up in Odin and Make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )
7. Click Start and wait till it finishes flashing
8. If your phone does not boot right back up then boot into stock recovery and Wipe Data Factory Reset.

Hi there. I have I S4 9505g. I'm not rooted and fully stock. Can I use Odin with this system image to get root. I have experience with rooting and flashing just new to this device. I'm assuming that I have to go through and root first then put twrp on. Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-9505g

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Hi there. I have I S4 9505g. I'm not rooted and fully stock. Can I use Odin with this system image to get root. I have experience with rooting and flashing just new to this device. I'm assuming that I have to go through and root first then put twrp on. Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-9505g

Yes you may. You'll need to install SuperSU from the app store before or after flashing this, but, the su binary is up to date (1.99r3) and ready to go.

Also you could just flash twrp with ODIN before rooting. Either way, this will fix you up.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Great Job SamuriHL I don't have the GPE S4 anymore but I'm glad you are keeping everyone up to date

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Yea, this one took a couple hours longer to post than I'd have liked because of changes they made to the scripts. I had to re-architect my build odin script to reconcile the changes. But the modems, recovery, and full images are all posted. Not too shabby considering it was literally one day after the Nexus devices got their factory images. ;) :D

ciborio

Aug 29, 2012
Rome
My phone is rooted, and I installed Xposed framework. How do I install 4.4.3 without losing everything?
With Odin you lose everything right?

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
You won't lose your data. But it will overwrite your system partition, yes. You don't have a lot of options if you wanna get to 4.4.3 with the current environment you have on your phone. ODIN is pretty much it.

Reactions: ciborio

ciborio

Aug 29, 2012
Rome
You won't lose your data. But it will overwrite your system partition, yes. You don't have a lot of options if you wanna get to 4.4.3 with the current environment you have on your phone. ODIN is pretty much it.

It is better to do a wipe data, to do a clean install? I'm afraid that Xposed and its modules can cause problems.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Don't know. I don't use xposed at all. Personally if it were me I'd flash it, see if it boots...if not, factory reset it and start over. But I'd at least try to boot it up without wiping data first. I go out of my way in all my utils to make it so users don't have to wipe data so you never know....it could work.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I've updated all my ODIN TAR threads to make it COMPLETELY clear what EVERY step is as it seems it was too difficult to follow.

chongwj

Apr 8, 2011
mountain view
Thanks. With MJ gone, you are the last Samurai for all i9505g users. We all depend on you now.:good:

Anyway to disable the System Update notification nag? I was using 4.4.2 Automanager, unchecked SystemUpdate but still no luck...

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Should be able to freeze the updater apk whatever the file is. I don't know it off the top of my head but look through them and you should find it.

Reactions: chongwj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NE3 is released.

Kernel Source:

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-I9505G

INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING: Please do not flash this if you're low on battery...go charge your phone!

o) Download the I9505GUEUCxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package from below
    o) Make sure you have the USB Drivers installed and you have Odin 3.09 from below
    o) Put your phone in download mode and connect it to USB:
    -Disconnect the phone from USB
    -Power OFF your phone
    -Hold Volume Down, Home, and Power
    -When the "WARNING!!!" screen comes up, release the buttons
    -Volume up to enter download mode
    -Connect the phone to USB
    o) Open Odin
    o) Click on AP, then select the I9505GUEUCxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package you downloaded
    o) Odin will extract the tar md5 file from the gzip archive, and this will take a while...be patient
    o) Once the tar md5 is loaded, make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )
    o) Click Start and wait till it finishes flashing...your phone should reboot when it's done

NOTE: If your phone does not boot, then boot into stock recovery and Wipe Data Factory Reset.

DOWNLOADS:

ODIN 3.09

My phone is rooted, and I installed Xposed framework. How do I install 4.4.3 without losing everything?
    With Odin you lose everything right?

I used it with Xposed and it just overwrites it. No damage done at all. You will just need to reload the framework and reboot.
    Thanks. With MJ gone, you are the last Samurai for all i9505g users. We all depend on you now.:good:

Anyway to disable the System Update notification nag? I was using 4.4.2 Automanager, unchecked SystemUpdate but still no luck...

He is the last Samurai!! Lol..he's done a lot for everyone. I wish I could be more help but things are busy here at Android Hawaii. I will update the Sticky for SamuraiHL and its nice to jump back here and say hello to everyone.

Aloha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Why are you making your life more difficult than you need? Just flash this odin package and be done with it.

Is it? Son of a... I'll pull the link. Wtf. I'll host my own clean version when I get back. That's what I get for linking elsewhere. My apologies.