[ROM] [6.0.1] [STOCK] [VFD 600] Vodafone Smart Prime 7

Search This thread
A

Adreno306™

Hey guys!
I spent a lot of my student's time searching the stock rom for Smart Prime 7.
So here it is!

ROMS:

HOW TO INSTALL:
4) Select update.zip
5) Wait untill the whole install is done.
6) Reboot your phone and that's all.

note: this will delete all of your data!

Last edited:
A

Adreno306™

Hey!
Why you need a new link?
It's working fine :)

Odesláno z mého VFD 700

chwads2k8

Oct 7, 2009
anyone know where the stock recovery.img is or if you can upload one for me my device isnt rooted

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

and there isnt one in update.zip

Mr.Do

Sep 8, 2016
Castel San Pietro Terme (BO)
Italian Stock ROM?

Thank you for your job, I've surfed a bit on ZTEdevice.com and found a newer version of UK ROM, a Czeck ROM, but I can't find any Italian stock ROM.
'Scuse me for the stupid question but... are these ROMS multilingual?
Can I flash a UK ROM on my Italian Phone? My current build is VDF-VFD600B01-IT_MR02e and neither Kingroot PC version nor KR apk can root it, I'd like to downgrade to VDF-VFD600B01-IT_MR01b (or 1c, I don't remember); may I flash your VDF-VFD600B01-UK_MR01b without messing my phone?
'Scuse me for my bad English, I'm doing my best.

Last edited:

KrAzYtHeBoY

Feb 21, 2012
Hey guys!
I spent a lot of my student's time searching the stock rom for Smart Prime 7.
So here it is!

DOWNLOAD:

HOW TO INSTALL:
4) Select update.zip
5) Wait untill the whole install is done.
6) Reboot your phone and that's all.

note: this will delete all of your data!

broken link

Mr.Do

Sep 8, 2016
Hi

I need stock rom with polish language - is this with polish ?

I've just flashed the UK stock rom, but I can tell you only that it supports a lot of languages.
I was looking for the Italian language and stupidly I did not care to write the list of supported languages; if I remeber well just before Italian there was Hungarian, but I can't tell you nothing more, I'm sorry.
At http://www.ztedevice.com/support you can find VFD 600 Stock Roms for:
Czech
Greece
Holland
Hungary
Ireland
Portugal
Romania
Spain
United Kingdom
all in the 2e version.
If you need UK 1b version to root your phon, I'm uploading it on Mega right now, asap I'll post the link.
---
Update. Here is the link:
https://mega.nz/#!FMhhWSBa!hjvxE8a7gpPCU_3IeB5eCx7VYP7WHtmNISBG_WATeWo

Last edited:

mindkuzm

Dec 28, 2016
I've just flashed the UK stock rom, but I can tell you only that it supports a lot of languages.
I was looking for the Italian language and stupidly I did not care to write the list of supported languages; if I remeber well just before Italian there was Hungarian, but I can't tell you nothing more, I'm sorry.

Czech
Greece
Holland
Hungary
Ireland
Portugal
Romania
Spain
United Kingdom
all in the 2e version.
If you need UK 1b version to root your phone I've uploaded it on my Google drive, I'm uploading it on Mega right now, asap I'll post the link.
---

So 2e is unrootable or why should we choose an older version?

Mr.Do

Sep 8, 2016
I've just flashed the same ROM on the phone of a friend, this time I wrote down the languages supported...
Deutsch
English (UK)
English (US)
Español
Français
Italiano
No Polish, sorry, maybe you'll find Polish language in Hungarian or Romanian Roms.

Last edited:

ruban22

Jan 21, 2012
Signature verification failed

Hi,

I have tried to flash with the update in recovery mode but getting "Signature verification failed". i have bricked my phone when try to do sim network unblock.
only way to reset by flashing the firmware. any idea?

Thanks.

xcessro

Jan 21, 2017
After i select Install from SD Card i get the following error:

E: Failed to map file
Installation aborted

What's the problem ?

Mr.Do

Sep 8, 2016
Hi,

I have tried to flash with the update in recovery mode but getting "Signature verification failed". i have bricked my phone when try to do sim network unblock.
only way to reset by flashing the firmware. any idea?

Thanks.

After i select Install from SD Card i get the following error:

E: Failed to map file
Installation aborted

What's the problem ?

First of all what you tried to flash ant with which recovery?
As i wrote here I had more or less the same problem flashing a stock rom with TWRP.
You have to restore the Stock Recovery before flashin' a Stock ROM. Maybe also my modded TWRP does it's job, at least on my phone it works great, you can find it in the post linked above.

xcessro

Jan 21, 2017
I tried to flash from recovery mode. My phone freezes on loading screen. Another sollution by flashing with the SD card ?

LE:

E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For people still looking for a way to root VFD600

Hi! This time it's up to me to say "I'm sorry"... :eek:
    For at least 2 months I neither take a look of this forum nor read the mail-box i'm using for it.
    I apologize in particular bhd_guy, ha made a mistake and I was very angry at that time, but everyone deserves a second chance, it is not my way to be so hard for a single little mistake, expecially with people that I don't know at all.
    Well, maybe I apologized enough, so let's go and make our job!
    In these 2 months someone send me private messages asking me how to root this phone: most of them were italians, so I'll give you my personal guide in both languages, English and Italian.
    Remember that I'm the latest of the newbyes, the first time time I looked inside an Android device has been 6 months ago, so there's no guarantee that my way is the best possible. I can only tell you that it worked for me.
    In the shared folder on Mega youll'find two text files (How to root ENG.txt and How to root ITA.txt) explaining step by step what you have to do.
    You'll find bootanimation.zip too: it's my personal boot animation. It tooks me a bit of work, but now, instead of the horrible Vodafone animation, my phone shows this every time i boot it:
    http://mrdovideos.altervista.org/Jimi.gif
    Honestly I haven't done anything, I just read a thousand times this post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69423029&postcount=90 untill I realize that a new firmware (unrootable, at least for me) had been released.
    Once you restore the old firmware (my idea) everything else has to be credited to sifonaru! Thank you!
    Instructions for those to lazy to download 'em in the following posts...

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

ENGLISH how to...

First of all you need the complete toolkit, I moved everything in this folder on Mega:
    https://mega.nz/#F!oNomjBCQ!WnVNiLj4vsTBBEfAf78D1g
    • UK Stock ROM version 1b
    • Kingroot, to gain a TEMPORARY root access
    • Rashr Flash Tool for flashing TWRP instead of the original recovery
    • One or more of the following recovery:
      • TWRP recovery: the version indicated by sifonaru was developed by a member of One Team (Turkish), but if something goes wrong and you want to flash again the Stock ROM TWRP fails because of a mismatch between the model number indicated in the ROM (VFD600) and in the ramdisk inside TWRP (vfd600).
        In this case you'll need to reflash the Stock Recovery using TWRP and then, after rebooting, the Stock ROM.
      • Stock Recovery
      • My modified TWRP recovery (I suggest you use this) that is not affected by the above issue
    • SuperSU
    Well, now save somewhere all your files because subsequent operations will completely erase the contents, then copy to the SD card all the files you've downloaded.
    There are two ways to flash the new Stock ROM: restart the phone in recovery mode (turn it off and restart it by pressing and holding the Volume Up), choose the recovery option to upgrade from SD card then select the file containing the new ROM and proceed.
    Alternatively you can go to the phone settings and select info on the device (or something like that, I do not remember); the first option is something about updates: choose SD update and confirm the installation.
    After rebooting you will be asked to choose a language and make again all the operations you made after the first start when you bought the cell., after this you will have a phone with a rootable firmware.
    Now install Rashr Flash Tool (I'd rather do it right now because after rooting the device you must flash TWRP quickly because after a while the phone realizes he's been tampered with and restarts with the factory settings).
    Now install and run Kingroot: it may not get done on the first try, but eventually should be able to give you a temporary root access.
    Now, before the cell. realizes what you have done, start Rashr and flash TWRP (as I said You'd better use my modded version). If Rashr asks to be updated ignore him, and when it asks tell him that you are aware of the risks of the operation. When it finishes restart in Recovery mode.
    TWRP, both the One Team version and mine, is not born for this phone, it is an unofficial version derived from another device; the consequence is that it is not very responsive to commands, be patient, but it works fine.
    Once you start in Recovery mode with TWRP flash SuperSU and you get a perment root!

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

ITALIAN how to...

Per prima cosa scarica tutta l'attrezzatura:
    • La Stock ROM UK versione 1b
    • Kingroot per ottenere un accesso root TEMPORANEO del telefono
    • Rashr Flash Tool per flashare TWRP al posto della recovery originale
    • Una o più recovery tra queste:
      • La recovery TWRP: la versione indicata da sifonaru in realtà è stata sviluppata da un tipo del One Team (Turco), ma per i problemi che ti ho già detto non permette di flashare la Stock ROM nel caso tu volessi ripartire da capo dopo un tentativo andato male.
      • La Stock Recovery, da flashare trimite TWRP per poter poi riflashare, al bisogno, la Stock ROM
      • La recovery TWRP moddata da me (ti consiglio di usare questa) che è compatibile anche con la Stock ROM
    • SuperSU
    Ho caricato tutto nella cartella Vodafone VFD 600 su Mega:
    https://mega.nz/#F!oNomjBCQ!WnVNiLj4vsTBBEfAf78D1g
    OK, a questo punto per prima cosa metti in salvo tutti i tuoi files presenti nel telefono perché le operazioni successive ne cancelleranno completamente il contenuto, poi copia nella SD Card tutti i files che hai scaricato.
    Per flashare la nuova Stock ROM possiamo procedere in due modi: riavvia il telefono in modalità recovery (spegnilo e riavvialo tenendo premuto il tasto Volume+), scegli dalla recovery l'opzione per aggiornare da SD Card poi seleziona il file contenente la nuova ROM e procedi.
    In alternativa puoi andare nelle impostazioni del telefono e selezionare info sul dispositivo (o una cosa simile, non ricordo); la prima opzione che vedrai riguarda gli aggiornamenti: scegli aggiornamento da SD e conferma l'installazione che ti verrà proposta.
    Dopo il riavvio ti verrà chiesto di scegliere una lingua e dovrai compiere nuovamente tutte le operazioni che hai già fatto al primo avvio quando hai comprata il cell., fatto questo avrai un telefono con una versione di firmware che è possibile rootare.
    Ora installa Rashr Flash Tool (preferisco farlo subito perché il tempo a disposizione dopo avere rootato il dispositivo non è tantissimo, purtroppo dopo un po' il telefono si accorge di essere stato manomesso e si riavvia con le impostazioni di fabbrica).
    Ora installa Kingroot ed eseguilo: può darsi che non ce la faccia al primo tentativo, ma prima o poi dovrebbe riuscire a darti un accesso root temporaneo.
    Appena fatto, prima che il cell. si accorga di quel che hai fatto, avvia Rashr e flasha TWRP (come dicevo meglio se usi la mia versione moddata). Se Rashr chiede di essere aggiornato ignoralo, e quando lo chiede digli che sei cosciente dei rischi che comporta l'operazione. Quando finisce riavvia in modalità Recovery.
    TWRP, sia la versione di One Team che la mia, non è nato per questo telefono, si tratta di una versione non ufficiale ricavata da quella per un altro dispositivo; la conseguenza è che non è molto reattivo ai comandi, bisogna avere un po' di pazienza, però funziona benissimo.
    Con TWRP devi flashare SuperSU e poi riavviare, a questo punto avrai un root permanente.

----------------------------- 04/13 Update -----------------------------

Sorry, I forgot the list of languages supported by UK ROM:
    Deutsch
    English (UK)
    English (US)
    Español
    Français
    Italiano
    Hi guys, how can I root my vdf600? Mr02
    Only for English, Spanish, German, French and Italian languages you'll find all the tools and instruction you need here:
    https://mega.nz/#F!MYYVGLaS!pxWTmvexk8IIUsRI8uiFZw
    First of all you have to downgrade your firmware to MR01b, it's included in my package on Mega for the languages specified above.
    Thnx Mr.Do but unfortunatelly your MEGA link is no longer available, can you upload the link again?

https://mega.nz/#F!MYYVGLaS!pxWTmvexk8IIUsRI8uiFZw
    Good Luck!
    How did you unlock FRP and root the VFD-600? I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, thanks you :)

ok thanks. i'm italian and i've to write the guide (it's a little bit long) and after that translate all in english and be sure that is all right. i'll do this in the weekend when i've spare time because i want make also a video for youtube. be patient please. thanks to all.
    FOR ROOT i've make it with THE LAST UPDATE of kingroot app from playstore.
    AND ROM UK1B
    Thanks, I will gladly wait! :highfive: I also want to explain my problem if this was also what you had before you unlocked FRP and root:

This Vodafone I have was not network locked when I got it, it was made for Hong Kong services but works with any SIM. Fastboot seems to work, but the only valid command is "fastboot devices". I did manage to flash UK1B, but not root. I hope this info means anything, but still I appreciate your help, thank you for your time :)

I sent you my guide, explained step by step, and a link to my VFD600 folder on Mega with all the necessary tools, it was 8th february, but you never answer me.
    Yes, I know that education and gratitude has become an optional in this barbaric twenty-first century, but I'm wondering what the hell I have to waste my time trying to help strangers who do not even take the trouble to answer.
    Have a nice day, but don't bother me further.