[Q] How to root Huawei u8650?

Search This thread

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Huawuei use to "interpolate" to declare higher resolution, for example, IDEOS 8150 is 2mpx CMOS but they say is 3mpx :-(
Just download a system info app and check yourself, it will tell you what camera you really got ;-)

Unfortunately my U8650 was stolen and It's impossible to buy if not in a YOIGO store (the online store is just for spanish).

Maybe I can find that Turkcell on eb@y, ppl are selling U8650 on Eb@y for 150 € and more from China *_*

I'm so sorry I won't be able to try more hacks on this nice phone :-(

Arkaz999

Nov 9, 2008
2 diomorgan- i am sorry that your phone was stolen but maybe you should buy Cerberus app :) It is great anti-thief app :) i bought it for every my android phone that i had. and i bought u8650 for 70 euro in our store. First 10 buyers has action price 70euro. and now is price 118 euro :). it is retail unbranded phone. btw i am looking for any universal root because root listed here is not working for me :-/

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
I got "Watchdroid" on the phone, it tells me where the phone is sometime, but it's actually impossible to know since it's a small summer town and it could be everywhere :-(

118 is a little pricy compared to 70 or 79 (the price I paid) :-(
I'm so sorry Yoigo doesn't ship outside spain! :-(

neoiseder

Aug 21, 2011
So, if you are on Yoigo or Australian one and you want to de-brand+possibility of rooting with the given file, just put THIS original NO BRAND Huawei U8650 firmware on your SD in /dload/ folder (you'll see easily: the path is alresdy in the compressed file), turn off the phone, remove the battery a few seconds, than put SD and battery in the phone end turn it on with "VOL+" + "VOL-" + "ON" at the same time (yes, three buttons, but i'ts easy ;-)).
He will automatically upgrade the firmware to the unbranded one (obviously this is a reset too, so you'll lost your settings) in 2-4 minutes.
Than you'll have a cool UNBRANDEND U8650 phone that you can root with the procedure told in the posts before.
Enjoy ;-)

hi,guys.my u8650 is yoigo spain version,i upgrade this rom,my wifi can find some SSID,but can't get IP from router.do you meet the same problem.thanks

esmergenc

Mar 3, 2011
I have put the default (clean) firmware from Huawei succesfull. Thanks for it!

The next step is unlocking my Huawei U8650 from Yoigo Spain, so i can put my simcard in the phone. I have many hours searched on the web, but i couldn't find a solution.

How can i unlock the phone? Please help me..

Mandrake2010

Dec 13, 2010
Hi, I bought 2 of Yoigo HUAWEI U8650 (Barcelona). I would like to know if i can need to unlock code or i can unlock by changing the ROM (Australian)
Can i do root this device after flash australian rom
where can I buy the code?
You have not had any problems with the Wii after the flash of arom AUS? and how did the root?
Finally, I must first unlock the code of Yoigo and then do the flash?

Best regards

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Hi, I bought 2 of Yoigo HUAWEI U8650 (Barcelona). I would like to know if i can need to unlock code or i can unlock by changing the ROM (Australian)
Can i do root this device after flash australian rom
where can I buy the code?
You have not had any problems with the Wii after the flash of arom AUS? and how did the root?
Finally, I must first unlock the code of Yoigo and then do the flash?

Best regards

1. You need the unlock code. Changing roms DOES NOT unlock your phone.
2. You should be able to (Not sure, never tried)
3. Online. Just do a quick search....Google is your friend.
4. Never done. So N/A.
5. Doesn't matter since it uses a sim card.

Reactions: puroi

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
Thx for fast reply "Mandrake2010" is my friend. I could not write my account :)

@Diomorgan: how root you phone after flash?

esmergenc

Mar 3, 2011
Who knows a great supplier for cheap unlockcodes for my Huawei U8650 Yoigo Spain? Please help me. I can't use my phone yet.

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
I just sent €13 bt PayPal to servercodigos@gmail.com with my phone model and IMEI and operator name (Yoigo) and I got the unlock code in less than 24 hours in my mailbox, his contact email is liberarmodem@gmail.com.

I found him in another forum, just GOOGLE if you are able to, if you aren't able to google you don't deserve an android phone ;-)))

I don't even know if telling you where to get code (well..actually code unlock is LEGAL!) is against the forum rules, so don't PM me if the post will be removed.

Maybe you can find someone that do it for less, I did it one month ago, so just go and find yourself.

A guy mailed me that Yoigo itself will unlock your phone for €20 in 3 days.
Sounds very possible!

Last edited:
Reactions: puroi

esmergenc

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks for the information. I am able to google and i have found a few suppliers, but i don't know if they are reliable. That was the reason for asking.

I know another supplier from china, who says he can unlock it, but i don't know..

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
esmergenc ;-)
I wasn't talkin of you, but generally, since I got tons of PM about whwere I got the unlock code :)

Quartz85

May 17, 2010
I just sent €13 bt PayPal to servercodigos@gmail.com with my phone model and IMEI and operator name (Yoigo) and I got the unlock code in less than 24 hours in my mailbox, his contact email is liberarmodem@gmail.com.

I found him in another forum, just GOOGLE if you are able to, if you aren't able to google you don't deserve an android phone ;-)))

I don't even know if telling you where to get code (well..actually code unlock is LEGAL!) is against the forum rules, so don't PM me if the post will be removed.

Maybe you can find someone that do it for less, I did it one month ago, so just go and find yourself.

Sounds very possible!

Hello guys, the guy is talking about Diomorgan I can confirm that I am.Yoigo unlocks the cell for 20 € and with the expected 3-day all this was done just bought the mobile phone into a center in Barcelona Yoigo
sorry for my bad english :)

neoiseder

Aug 21, 2011
actually you just need pay 3 euros for unlock your phone,i unlock my yoigo U8650.is there somebody know how to get rom of U8650.thanks!

dzzdefy

Mar 12, 2011

Sounds very possible!

Excellent , got the code in less the 24hrs :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HERE WE ARE boys! :-D

Just rooted my U8650 in this damn EASY way:

download the file update.zip from here , copy it in your SD card then turn off the phone and put it in recovery mode (volume up+on/off switch for a few seconds).
    Once in the recovery menu select "update from SD , chose the file, then reboot et voilà!
    Your phone is rooted!

Thank huchengtw for the chinese forum link! ;-)
    So, if you are on Yoigo or Australian one and you want to de-brand+possibility of rooting with the given file, just put THIS original NO BRAND Huawei U8650 firmware on your SD in /dload/ folder (you'll see easily: the path is alresdy in the compressed file), turn off the phone, remove the battery a few seconds, than put SD and battery in the phone end turn it on with "VOL+" + "VOL-" + "ON" at the same time (yes, three buttons, but i'ts easy ;-)).
    He will automatically upgrade the firmware to the unbranded one (obviously this is a reset too, so you'll lost your settings) in 2-4 minutes.
    Than you'll have a cool UNBRANDEND U8650 phone that you can root with the procedure told in the posts before.
    Enjoy ;-)
    This will work 100%

To root U8650 you should flash it with original Rom, Spanish devices dont need original rom to root dont know why it is but it is

ROM

It is necessary to download an official ROM

ROOT and the original ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?s7p8iskky45df4t

After you download it unrar it and dload folder copy to memory card

Path should look like \ dload \ update

to flash device you need to

turn it off
    remove the battery for 5 seconds
    put the battery back in
    press the buttons "VOL +" + "VOL-" + "ON" (all three keys at once)
    and will start automatic firmware upgrade

for 3-4 minutes cell is debranded

If you get error not found firmware that means that you did not put the firmware on the SD card like you should (I got it a few times) just off the device and repeat the procedure.

root

After flashing unbranded firmware we can throw at root

file needed for the root http://www.mediafire.com/?4f29cszyula2vx6

This is similar to debranding.

download root file
    Put it on SD card
    turn off the phone
    remove the battery for 3 seconds
    Press "VOL +" + "ON" (without the vol-)
    When you open the "bios like" menu use the volume keys up/down to select the update from memory card called root
    after this procedure just reboot the phone and you have rooted phone

+ After rooting you can install custom roms.
    Hi i just buy this excellent phone from yoigo spain and its awesome!! Thanks for this great thread and all the info! Could you kindly tell me, what languages are included in this firmware ? Is german included too or only english and spanish ?

Will I lose all data on my phone? I dont mind I just would like to know in advance, and is this still android 2.3.3?!

Does it also remove the yoigo netlock? Cos I hear on other phones if u put new firmware on, the simlock is removed. is this the same here?

Does everything still work good?

Thankyou!

1-Multilanguage (almost every language of the world, heheheh)

2-Yes, you will.

3-No, it doesn't, to unlock the phone you need to buy the unlock code (it's legal) or ask Yoigo to unlock it. Actually I don't have the contract in my hands, BUT if there's nothing about the sim-lock on our contracts Yoigo MUST unlock our phones on request.
    I heard thye does for something like €20, just google around :)
    Finally I got my U8650 back (thanks to Watchdroid that sent me a txt message with the number and GPS position of the thief that, scared from my txt messages, sent me my phone back!).
    Another GOOD news is that Vodafone Italy is selling this phone (€129-€149, doh!), that means "custom firmwares on the way!" :)

There is a Cynogenmod 7 port from a spanish guy (just google for it, is in another forum), but after 2 days of use it's keping rebooting TOO MUCH times!

Fortunately he found a way to install ClockworksMod too! :-D
    I'm going back to stock rom since it was smooth and nice after the root.