[Tutorial] Flashing KDZ on LG L5 II (E455/E460) and other LG phones

Search This thread

mircea89fzr

Oct 9, 2010
This tutorial is for the LG L5 II (E455/E460) and shall work on other LG phones too.
Many thanks to @iulykenoby who discovered this method.

To start, download a KDZ firmware for your LG E460 (and other phones) from here: http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php

Be sure to match the phone with the right kdz!!!

1. Download LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.ZIP (attached)

2. Download USB Driver http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

If you can't boot anymore, enter into download/emergency mode and skip to step 5.

3. Put your phone in debugging mode (menu-Settings-Developer options-USB debugging).

4. Change your usb connection type to LG Software (menu-Settings-USB connection type)

5. Connect your phone to the PC and install USB Driver. After the installation disconnect and connect your phone again (to make sure it is detected).

6. Extract LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.ZIP

7. Run B2CAppSetup.exe and let it install and update itself. You may be prompted to update your drivers.

8. If you've done everything correctly, you should see this:
iv4w.jpg

9. Close the official LG Mobile Support Tool.

10. Open Notepad in Administrator mode. (Go to windows menu, type notepad and right-click and run in Administrator mode)

11. Open the hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc)

12. Add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com at the end of the host file.

13. Save the file. If the "Save as" dialog opens, it means you're not running notepad in administrator mode and you can't modify the hosts file.

14. Go to windows menu, type cmd and right-click and run in Administrator mode.

15. Drag Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs over command prompt and hit enter.

16. Click OK

03clickok_zpsfb3bfd03.jpg

17. Click on windows enable icon in system tray to turn ON then click the dialog box OK.

04setenabler_zpsd42c5ab5.jpg

18. Click Ok.

05enabledebug_zps9ee79d51.jpg

19. Make sure Type is set to 3GQCT and phone mode to DIAG. Select your KDZ file and click Normal web upgrade test.

20. Click on Upgrade Start.

07clickupgradestart_zpsc194541c.jpg

21. Click on Clear phone Software update Registry and then click OK.

08clearphonehistory_zpsb09b37b7.jpg

22. Software Update Procedure will start immediately. It will take some time to finish.

09update_zps2d5f4ebd.jpg

After the flashing procedure, don't forget to delete that line you added in hosts or else you won't be able to officialy update (online) your phone and you won't be able to download anything from lg. Also, a factory reset may be needed after flashing to avoid conflicts with the old app data.

Attachments

• LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 121,774
Last edited:

alonghinotti

Jun 11, 2012
Help me! My l5 e455 no more power

I followed all the steps and when the phone is not restarted, came in upload mode! Then I hung up and he did not start anymore!

mircea89fzr

Oct 9, 2010
I followed all the steps and when the phone is not restarted, came in upload mode! Then I hung up and he did not start anymore!

Try booting again in upload mode. If I remember right it's: phone off and both volume keys pressed then introduce the usb cable. if you manage to boot in download mode, you can try to flash again. you surely didn't select the right kdz for your phone. be sure of your phone model and search for the right kdz for your phone. If you can boot in download mode nothing is lost, you can fix it.

Reactions: alonghinotti

alonghinotti

Jun 11, 2012
Work

Try booting again in upload mode. If I remember right it's: phone off and both volume keys pressed then introduce the usb cable. if you manage to boot in download mode, you can try to flash again. you surely didn't select the right kdz for your phone. be sure of your phone model and search for the right kdz for your phone. If you can boot in download mode nothing is lost, you can fix it.

It worked! I managed to get into download mode, and downloaded the correct ROM! Thank you!

Axims

Feb 21, 2012
tnx for the useful guide, new E455 owner here.
I'm looking for ROM backup solution, Root of course and a compatible CWM for thise model.
are there such tools out yet or we have to sit tight for a while?

mircea89fzr

Oct 9, 2010
tnx for the useful guide, new E455 owner here.
I'm looking for ROM backup solution, Root of course and a compatible CWM for thise model.
are there such tools out yet or we have to sit tight for a while?

For root, the attached file should work (change it's extension from .zip to .exe). Instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2337802
it will root with a chineese tool, but there you'll also find instructions to change it to supersu/superuser.

Attachments

• VRoot_1.5.2.3544_Setup.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,710

mircea89fzr

Oct 9, 2010
hey man thanks for the tutorial

I have a question though

what is the difference between version 10a, 10b, 10c ect

is it different firmware versions? can I flash a firmware from another country?

Is this official LG firmware?

you can flash any firmware from any country as long as it is for your phone model. i recommend you flash a firmware that's not branded (for ex branded by orange) so you won't have extra software that will slow down your phone. on that website you will find firmwares for many phones. our phone (e460) received an update, that's why they are called "a" "b" "c".

Last edited:
you can flash any firmware from any country as long as it is for your phone model. i recommend you flash a firmware that's not branded (for ex branded by orange) so you won't have extra software that will slow your phone. on that website you will find firmwares for many phones. our phone (e460) received an update, that's why they are called "a" "b" "c".

thanks alot man just the answer I was waiting for.

topkat0

Mar 27, 2005
Ft Lauderdale
Malware

I suggest that you run that VROOT program in a sandbox as it is full of Malware or wait till someone posts an open source root exploitation method.

mircea89fzr

Oct 9, 2010
I suggest that you run that VROOT program in a sandbox as it is full of Malware or wait till someone posts an open source root exploitation method.

I suggest you change your antivrus. On virustotal.com out of 43 antivirus apps only 1 found it as malware.
https://www.virustotal.com/ro/file/...ace3dbf4a827df5c59748b095a23f2b4314/analysis/
Symantec: WS.Reputation.1 (http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99 )

I and others used vroot and had no problem with viruses or such. Stop spreading false information.

Reactions: IGGYVIP

topkat0

Mar 27, 2005
Ft Lauderdale
Malware

Mircea,
I dont use or trust online scanners I prefer to use IDA and other tools to examine software. If you examine the software more closely you will find that it sends your PC information back to the author. It will also do an update check and install of the latest version automatically. It will also install an apk for a chinese file sharing site and multiple other files that he leaves in the phones system. I also rooted a test phone and it did root perfectly. I was not trying to scare people just give a little warning to be cautious when you install a program that has a primary interface language is not yours. I had no ill intentions just trying to make people aware of what I had found.

mircea89fzr

Oct 9, 2010
Mircea,
I dont use or trust online scanners I prefer to use IDA and other tools to examine software. If you examine the software more closely you will find that it sends your PC information back to the author. It will also do an update check and install of the latest version automatically. It will also install an apk for a chinese file sharing site and multiple other files that he leaves in the phones system. I also rooted a test phone and it did root perfectly. I was not trying to scare people just give a little warning to be cautious when you install a program that has a primary interface language is not yours. I had no ill intentions just trying to make people aware of what I had found.

Yes, it installs a chineese apk because that's the root application (just like superuser). After installing supersu and deleting the chineese apk I scanned my phone with bitdefender and avg and found no malware.
You also can disable your internet before installing vroot on your computer, root your phone then uninstall it. Then you can scan your computer with any antivrus and antispyware software you want and you won't find a trace of Vroot. Before saying it's full of malware, you should prove it. I just proved with 43 antiviruses that it has no malware and all you're saying is you don't trust them. I also offered a solution to avoid sending information about your computer, IF that was the case. Also, using a sandbox just like you said is also ok.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial is for the LG L5 II (E455/E460) and shall work on other LG phones too.
    Many thanks to @iulykenoby who discovered this method.

To start, download a KDZ firmware for your LG E460 (and other phones) from here: http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php

Be sure to match the phone with the right kdz!!!

1. Download LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.ZIP (attached)

2. Download USB Driver http://algmcdn.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

If you can't boot anymore, enter into download/emergency mode and skip to step 5.

3. Put your phone in debugging mode (menu-Settings-Developer options-USB debugging).

4. Change your usb connection type to LG Software (menu-Settings-USB connection type)

5. Connect your phone to the PC and install USB Driver. After the installation disconnect and connect your phone again (to make sure it is detected).

6. Extract LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.ZIP

7. Run B2CAppSetup.exe and let it install and update itself. You may be prompted to update your drivers.

8. If you've done everything correctly, you should see this:
    iv4w.jpg

9. Close the official LG Mobile Support Tool.

10. Open Notepad in Administrator mode. (Go to windows menu, type notepad and right-click and run in Administrator mode)

11. Open the hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc)

12. Add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com at the end of the host file.

13. Save the file. If the "Save as" dialog opens, it means you're not running notepad in administrator mode and you can't modify the hosts file.

14. Go to windows menu, type cmd and right-click and run in Administrator mode.

15. Drag Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs over command prompt and hit enter.

16. Click OK

03clickok_zpsfb3bfd03.jpg

17. Click on windows enable icon in system tray to turn ON then click the dialog box OK.

04setenabler_zpsd42c5ab5.jpg

18. Click Ok.

05enabledebug_zps9ee79d51.jpg

19. Make sure Type is set to 3GQCT and phone mode to DIAG. Select your KDZ file and click Normal web upgrade test.

20. Click on Upgrade Start.

07clickupgradestart_zpsc194541c.jpg

21. Click on Clear phone Software update Registry and then click OK.

08clearphonehistory_zpsb09b37b7.jpg

22. Software Update Procedure will start immediately. It will take some time to finish.

09update_zps2d5f4ebd.jpg

After the flashing procedure, don't forget to delete that line you added in hosts or else you won't be able to officialy update (online) your phone and you won't be able to download anything from lg. Also, a factory reset may be needed after flashing to avoid conflicts with the old app data.
    I can not flash with download/emergency mode.

The PC recognizes the phone in download mode but the flash tool says there is not Phone connected.
    Drivers are updated.

I know this method works because I have used it before... but at that time I flashed through USB debuggin mode.

But now I am not able to boot anymore.

Im bricked :crying:

LG L5 II E450g

This is true. However I have bricked my phone in the same way. I change the permissions and ownership of my /system/apps folder
    when I rebooted I got and android man with a x in his belly.

I fixed it by doing this.

Follow the origonal post.
    when flash tool checks your device state it will say that your device is not detected.
    restart your phone with the usb cable plugged it and click restart check on your computer at the same time.
    you device is detected for a split second when it is restated and flash tool will continue. it should say something like.
    kernel version
    battery state = 0
    it should continue the process. then it might give you the same pop up as before saying that your device is not detected.
    do the same procedure as before by restarting your device and it will continue.

then it will start to flash and tell you not to disconnect your device.
    It will get stuck on 4%
    dont worry just restart your device again and flash tool will send it into download mode. the rest is just a sucessfull flash.

if it doesnt send it into download mode just do it manualy.

I have sucessfully flashed my phone many time using this method.
    hope I made sence. :-/

I guess what I am trying to say is that it will detect your device for a second if you restart your phone.

Hope this helped !
    Hi,
    I tried with firewall off - the same error.
    B2CAppSetup.exe opens itself after step 20. It shows that there is an upgrade for my phone and crashes.
    :rolleyes:
    After point 17, don't do point 18, check host if there is added "127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com", then open B2CAppSetup.exe from this location LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix\KDZ_FW_UPD_EN. You must see this http: /oi43.tinypic.com/29m0uv4.jpg not this htt p://oi43.tinypic.com/29m0uv4.jpg. Then close B2CAppSetup.exe and do the rest from point 18.
    hey man thanks for the tutorial

I have a question though

what is the difference between version 10a, 10b, 10c ect

is it different firmware versions? can I flash a firmware from another country?

Is this official LG firmware?

you can flash any firmware from any country as long as it is for your phone model. i recommend you flash a firmware that's not branded (for ex branded by orange) so you won't have extra software that will slow down your phone. on that website you will find firmwares for many phones. our phone (e460) received an update, that's why they are called "a" "b" "c".
    It worked! I managed to get into download mode, and downloaded the correct ROM! Thank you!

You're welcome! :) don't forget to press thanks.