Motoactv

Search This thread

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
Whhhhhat!!! Niiiiice!!! Looks good fellas keep up the good work! Made 2 donations to you and Jay under Touch Pro my Bro's account! Thanks guys!

My first donation! Thanks man, you just paid for 2% of my text books this semester XD

We're almost there :-D

Some minor issues to iron out. I'll post the apks and steps needed once I have a stable environment running.

Enjoy the snapshots :) and sorry for the quality. My blackberry cam sucks.

Looking good! When you post the stuff let me know and I'll build it into the batch, crediting you.

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
My first donation! Thanks man, you just paid for 2% of my text books this semester XD

Always cool to be the first at something! :DHaha! ;D More to come... I got 2 MotoActv's so once I get mine setup and everything I plan on doing the same to the other one and selling it! :D So I'll hit you all off with a little something more.. No Problem!

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Update: I've included the exploit directly in the program, so it *WILL* set off most antivirus programs with a virus or trojan or something detected. That's the exploit. Obviously antivirus programs will try to delete something that gives us root lol. It's the same one that gets set off when you run SuperOneClick. Just a heads up.

I've almost got the root script finished, finding a good busybox to install now. :)

Edit: I also need a guinea pig... since I don't even have my device yet (it's in the mail though! :D )

Last edited:
Reactions: TheEndGame7

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
Edit: I also need a guinea pig... since I don't even have my device yet (it's in the mail though! :D )[/QUOTE]

Just sent you a PM about that! Let me know! :D

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

PM's sent...

k1w1

Apr 1, 2004
MotoACTV root tool

Gents, love the look of the root too1 !! , making it easy ( I hope ) for noobs like me !! Just ordered one but will take 2 weeks to be delivered..... :-( , hopefully by then I will be able to just plug in click , click .... done !! .... Donate .!!!!!

tineprogramming

Oct 25, 2008
Bangkok
How to Motoactv 16 GB rooted Check it out

I made the How to thread for root 16 gb with fastboot bat script :D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1454685

attachment.php

Flashed boot.img with successfully :D
attachment.php

Thank

Tineprogramming

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 36

MynticeLX

Oct 25, 2007
BusyBox installer

For anyone having trouble getting LCD Density to change - make sure you have BusyBox installed. The traditional BusyBox installer does not format to allow you to install. Use the JRummy version of the BusyBox installer and it works like a charm. Density is now able to be changed.

Reactions: carnagecjb

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
So uh...

The Root Button Works

:)

TheEndGame is a great tester, and tonight we gained root without needing superoneclick!

Now, just doing a little polishing before the final product. :)

Edit: Also, tan, if you get a working recovery image, would it be alright to add that into the root button? :D

Last edited:

TheEndGame7

May 24, 2009
South, FL
For anyone having trouble getting LCD Density to change - make sure you have BusyBox installed. The traditional BusyBox installer does not format to allow you to install. Use the JRummy version of the BusyBox installer and it works like a charm. Density is now able to be changed.

What are you using to change the Density with?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.