Search This thread

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
[SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+3]Questions & Troubleshooting[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific for SLIM ROM JB[/SIZE]

attachment.php

[SIZE=+1]This thread has been created for people to share issues, questions and help [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]while using this version of SLIM ROM JB [/SIZE]

PLEASE make sure to thank the developer for the dedication to this ROM

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter​

See post two for FAQ

Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
FAQ

Q Why a special Q&T Thread for a specific ROM??

A The bigger a ROM development thread gets, the greater the chance that posts are being placed in this thread that are not related to the ROM development itself, e.g. problems with flashing, installation, bugs, things not working etc. However this is understandable, it's not according to the guidelines of XDA for Development sections. Therefore the main goals of the ROM specific Q&T threads is to avoid this cluttering of the original develpment thread with these OT posts by redirecting the posters to the ROM specific Q&T thread and also to relieve the developer from answering these post, so he can dedicate his time to developing.

Q How to move my post to the Q&A/T thread?

A Copy the text of your post in the dev's thread, got to the Q&A/T thread and paste it there. After having done that, go back to the dev's thread, edit your post and change the text into: moved to Q&A/T thread, preferably accompanied with a link to this thread.

Q When I'm asked to move my post to the Q#A/T thread, do I have to do that?

A When you're asked to move your post, there will always be given an explanation by the OP of the Q&A/T, e.g. your post is not development related (f.i. SD card problems, etc), so please be so kind to move your post. If you want to help the dev to keep his original thread as clean as possible from OT posts, then the answer is, of course, YES. Although we cannot force you to move your post, it's highly recommended to do so

Q Where can I download this ROM and How do I install?

A You can find the link to download and installation instructions HERE. Pay close attention to this post, everything required for a successful flash is listed right here. If you fail to follow the instructions or meet the requirements for installation, you could run into some problems.

Q What are the known issues with these ROM's?

A Right now there doesn’t appear to be any specific issues with this ROM.

Q How’s battery life?

A see this question asked repeatedly across all ROMS. Honestly there is no way to give you an answer based on a ROM. There are too many variables in question and results vary from user to user and device to device. Battery life is going to depend on age and condition of your battery, your use habits with your device, installed apps, tweaks, settings, etc...

Q How do I...

A Ask your questions and report your issues in this thread. You will receive a response and hopefully get you back up and running this ROM to it's fullest

Last edited:

macs18max

Apr 3, 2010
Welcome post

Hi,

First of all welcome to this thread. I wanted to be the first poster in this Q&T thread, especially created and dedicated to my ROM thread, to show my appreciation to be able being a part of this.. I want to thank Kuzibri, and of course the entire Q&T Team (all of them are RC's), to make this possible.
Now a little word about the goal of this specific Q&T thread:
"goal of this specific thread is to clean up my development ROM thread with Off Topic posts. These kind of posts will ,with this especially created Q&T thread , redirected to this new Q&A/T thread. With Off Topic post we, Kuzibri and I, mean posts that are not directly ROM development related, e.g. I want to use ths ROM, how to install it or can I use this app with this ROM,etc. Kuzibri and I will be monitoring my ROM thread for these kind of posts and ask the poster kindly to move his post to this thread. We hope that after a certain amount of time this will be self-sustaining and becoming a normal thing to do.

Many thanks to Kuzibri and the entire Q&T team,
macs18max

Screenshots

attachment.php

Last edited:

macs18max

Apr 3, 2010
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION
What is Nand, Data2EXT or NativeSD?
Just a brief understanding of types of installation. During installation of rom has 3 options for setup. 1. NAND 2. DataOnExt 3. NativeSD
1. NAND. Installing everything (System and data) on Phone Memory. sd-ext(EXT4 partition) partition isn't used
2. DataOnEXT. Installing all system files on phone(NAND) and Installing all data files on sd-ext(EXT4 partition)
3. NativeSD. Installing everything(System and Data) on sd-ext(EXT4 partition)
Depending on this 3 type of installation we need to decide if we need a Ext4 partition, as Nand do not require SD-EXT, but data2ext and NativeSD reuire SD-ext partition

Main Steps in brief
A. HSPL
B. Latest Radio
C. Install Bootloader cLK or MAGLDR (Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)
D. Selecting system size and Install Recovery Extended TWRP 2.5.0.5 (Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)
E. Partition sdcard (only data2ext and NativeSD)
F. Install ROM.
G. NativeSD setup (Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)
H. Default kernel and Mulitboot options (For NativeSD, Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)

Step A & B - HSPL, Radio
Install HSPL and the latest radio (probably most of you have done this, if not, search in Xda)
(It is recommended to task29 before flashing bootloader, but not necessary)

Step C - Flashing Bootloader
Two type of Bootloader available for cLK or MAGLDR
First lets go to pro's and cons

Benifit MAGLDR over cLK
*Supports RMNET which is very stable data connection
*Support booting of WP7
*Boot a second faster than cLK
*NativeSD boot kernel don't occupy any space in Nand(Phone memory)

Benifit cLK over Magldr
*Support charging when device is OFF
*Behaves more like native android device, supporting fastboot and booting into recovery using ROM
*You can change system size by editing in settings, unlike Magldr we need to flash bootloader again.

Installation
Decide which Bootloader you want to flash: cLK or Magldr
Download Bootloader.zip and extract the content to a folder
Press and Hold volume down key and press switch on HD2. You will be booted into HSPL showing serial. Plug in the USB. HSPL will display USB
Run "LeoAdvancedRUU.exe" as administrator
Select "Regualr RUU (Task28) - recommended for flashing NBH with OS section
Select NBH file the bootloader you want (Selecting clk.nbh will flash cLK bootloader or magldr will flash MagLDR bootloader)
Click "Next" (This will flash bootloader, wait for it to finish and let it reboot)

attachment.php

Step D - Flashing recovery and setting system partition
Understang of partitions: The Phones ROM has been partition into the following: Misc, Recovery, boot, system, cache, and data
Misc 1MB, boot 5MB and cache 5MB sizes are the same for most of ROM unless specified.
Recovery partition size depend on the Recovery we flash (For TWRP it is 9MB )
ROM develeper usually specifies the size of ROM, example system=300MB so we need to adjust system partition size accordingly.
The remaining space will be assigned to data automatically.
If you are planning to use data2ext, make system size 380MB as data partition isn't used, we can utilize everything for system.

For CLK
Boot into Mainmenu for bootloader by pressing and holding the back button when during boot.

attachment.php

Go to Settings>Resize partition and change size of system by adding and subracting values, commit changes and apply.
Also change the size of recovery partition to 9MB

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Download Recovery.zip and extract to a folder. Plug in USB. Run file "fastbootflash.bat" Wait. It should take around 2 mins to flash.(There is no progress bar)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Reboot Clk and now we can boot into recovery by pressing and holding the back button when during boot, and choosing recovery.

For Magldr
Download Recovery.zip and extract to a folder. Open File "flash.cfg"
Change the partition size for system. for example if you want to change system partition to 300MB, change the following: system ya 300M
and save changes to flash.cfg

attachment.php

Boot into Mainmenu for bootloader by pressing and holding the power (disconnect) button when during boot.
Choose "USB flasher" in menu. Connect usb cable. Run "DAF.exe" as administrator and follow instructions. It will flash recovery and reboot.
During reboot hold power button and boot in MAGLDR main menu. Choose "AD Recovery"

attachment.php

Step E - Partitioning SD card
Partitioning SD card with ext4 (only required for data2ext and nativesd, this step is not needed for nand type installations)
Once booted in recovery, go to "advance" > "partition SD card" > and choose size for sd-ext partition by moving the slider.
And "swipe to partition" will start creating and formatting partitions

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Step F - Installating ROM
TWRP can mount sdcard as USB Mass Storage by choosing Mount>Mount USB Storage.
Copy the installation ROM Zip file to sdcard. Safely remove device in Windows and Unmount from TWRP recovery
In TWRP main menu click install and choose installation zip file and swipe to install.

Step G - NativeSD Boot
When we installed NativeSD, the Bootloader doesn't know how to boot it. On power on it will still boot the Nand ROM. So we need to make the bootloader boot nativesd rom. Heres how

For cLK
If we have installed a NativeSD ROM, we need create seperate boot partition for storing the NativeSD kernel. in clk we can add 4 more secandary boot partitons. sboot, tboot, vboot and wboot (Offcource this comprimises nand space). To add/remove secandary partition go to clk settings

attachment.php
attachment.php

Now we can flash NativeSD kernel on Sboot. 3ways of doing this. I have already included an option in aroma installer to flash sboot whilst installing rom. However if you are on other rom, you will need to flash sboot2.zip (search in xda) or you can goto twrp recovery>advance>native manager choose your secandary boot and rom.

For Magldr
For Magldr is rather simple. We don't need to add secandary boot partiton for nativesd. Just show the location of the kernel on sdcard.
Goto Magldr main menu. now select Services>BootSettings>AD SD Dir and choose the NativeSD folder on sdcard.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Step H - Default kernel and Mulitboot options
Now that we have STEP G, I will try to explain about Default kernel and Mulitboot options.
When to bootloader boots into ROM we need to tell the bootloader which ROM we need to boot into, this is done by choosing default kernel
When We enable ShowMultiboot the bootloader will ask the user to choose the ROM that need to be booted into. (Clk will wait for 5seconds for user input and then will boot in defualt kernel whereas Magldr will wait forever until user choose the ROM)

Scenario:
User A: I want my HD2 to directly boot into Nand(or Data2ext) ROM when I switchON my hd2:cool:
User B: I want my HD2 to directly boot into NativeSD ROM when I switch ON my hd2:p
User C: I want my HD2 to ask me which ROM should I boot, when I power up my HD2 and I will choose everytime which ROM to boot:cowboy:

User A and B wants to directly boot into their ROM type without asking (so they need to disable ShowMultiboot) but User A need to set Default kernel as NAND and User B has to set default kernel to NativeSD
UserC has to enable show multiboot.. Below are steps how to achieve this

For cLK
Boot into Clk, Go to settings
You will see set default kernel. If you choose Nand it will boot into Nand(or Data2ext) ROM. (UserA should do this)
If you choose sboot(or on of the secandary) it will boot into NativeSD ROM. (UserB should do this)

If you enable show multiboot it will wait on the clk boot menu for 5 seconds. If you don't choose within 5 secs, it will boot to the default kernel selected (UserC should do this)

attachment.php
attachment.php

For MagLDR
Boot in MagLDR main menu.
We can set default kernel by going to Services>BootSettings>BootSource.
Choosing Boot from NAND will automatically boot into Nand or Data2ext everytime we switch on HD2 (UserA should do this)
Choosing Boot from SD will boot into NativeSD automatically, without asking, everytime we switch ON HD2 (UserB should do this)

We can enable show multiboot by going to Services>BootSettings>Always Menu. . Choosing Green-Yes will activate Show Multiboot(UserC should do this)
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I hope I haven't made this guide complicated.
If you found this installation instruction usefull. HIT THANKS BUTTON BELOW;)

Attachments

• bootloader.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,111
  • recovery.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 1,690
Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Goal of this specific Q&A/T thread for SLIM ROM JB

Hi my dear followers of this ROM,

As an addition to the post of macs18max in the third post, I will explain further the goal of this specific thread created for this ROM with the permission of the Developer of this ROM:

This is a statement made in the Q&A/T template thread:

"While our forum has slowly been morphing, the one area we would like to keep original is Development

The goal is to alleviate the OT banter that occurs within any rom. While the XDA forum continues to grow, we need to help users work within the guidelines created by XDA. Over the last couple of years the average rom being created, has become a free for all chat thread. There tends to be much infighting and mod/developer cleaning.

The idea of this template is to create a Questions and Answers for each rom. This is in no way asking for Development to be moved here, rather any and all conversation that is non Development related to your conjoined Q&A."

This means that non-development related posts, should be posted - with the permission of the Dev - in this thread. What are the most common Off Topic posts, that should be posted in this Q&A/T thread?
1. Battery life related posts
2. Will this app work with this ROM
3. SD Card related problems
4. How do I dowmload and install this ROM, etc

Hope to have given you enough information,

kindest regards, Kuzibri

Last edited:

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
Is there a reason why should I replace my CWM 5.0.2.6. with 4ext recovery? I mean,is it better, does it have more options, is it more stable...?I'm asking this cause 4ext was recommended here as recovery type.
Will the flashing of 4ext wipe my rom and everything? I never flashed another recovery but cwm,and that was way back when my phone was still running WM.
Sorry for asking this here,but like I said ,only cause 4ext was mentioned here.
Thanks.

Sent from my Htc Hd2 using Tapatalk 2

Number 8

Oct 11, 2010
Zapadni Kolodvor
I've just seen this: "Select the size of for 1st partition (Choose greater than 1024MB) (This will be the size of data partition)"

I have one 4ext 1024mb partition and everything is working fine, except some FC in trebuchet.

Is there a reason I should increase my partition to 2gb?

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Is there a reason why should I replace my CWM 5.0.2.6. with 4ext recovery? I mean,is it better, does it have more options, is it more stable...?I'm asking this cause 4ext was recommended here as recovery type.
Will the flashing of 4ext wipe my rom and everything? I never flashed another recovery but cwm,and that was way back when my phone was still running WM.
Sorry for asking this here,but like I said ,only cause 4ext was mentioned here.
Thanks.

Hi Lincoln357, I think you should try another recovery, you might then be able to boot a pixeldroid rom, just a thought.;)

That said, I had trouble with this ROM on nativeSD booting from wm6.5.
I first tried launcher2 from aroma, after booting and at end of setup i had setup not responding (wait/force close) and could not get to launcher (home button pressed). After reboot it hung on slim bootscreen.
Fresh install same sdcard, and it hung on slim bootscreen. (note sdcard was previously formatted with gparted)
Fresh install new sdcard, chose nova, same problem with setup and couldn't get to launcher. (formatted with minitool)
Fresh install, same new sdcard, formatted sdext with recovery (4ext sd version edited by Xylograph, never given me problems before) and finally got it to go to launcher. Phew:laugh:
So a combination of sdcard and formatting got me there. It is odd how some roms are sensitive to these things;)

Lastly, I think the same problem with tytung's aroma script with ppp is occurring here. If you leave rmnet as default (booting from wm6.5), there is no data. you must choose ppp to get data despite there being a checksys.sh and lines in updater.script which should force ppp install for haret booting.

Anyway, its great to see Slim ROM back on our hd2, it seems really fast.
Excellent job max18mac :angel: and thanks for your continuing support for our hd2:highfive:

Reactions: Lincoln357

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Posts in this Q&A/T thread

Hi my friends,

It/s vey nice to see, that when a Dev's Rom and the accompanying Q&A/T thread for this ROM are released on the same day, posters will make directly more use of this Q&A/T thread. Totally different from starting a Q&A/T thread for an already existing ROM!! Thanks very much for posting here and hoping that this thread will become very soon self-sustaining without our interference on the Dev's thread to move posts to this thread!!! Again, thank you very much, really appreciate this!!!!!

kindest regards, Kuzibri

Last edited:

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
Hi Lincoln357, I think you should try another recovery, you might then be able to boot a pixeldroid rom, just a thought.;)

That said, I had trouble with this ROM on nativeSD booting from wm6.5.
I first tried launcher2 from aroma, after booting and at end of setup i had setup not responding (wait/force close) and could not get to launcher (home button pressed). After reboot it hung on slim bootscreen.
Fresh install same sdcard, and it hung on slim bootscreen. (note sdcard was previously formatted with gparted)
Fresh install new sdcard, chose nova, same problem with setup and couldn't get to launcher. (formatted with minitool)
Fresh install, same new sdcard, formatted sdext with recovery (4ext sd version edited by Xylograph, never given me problems before) and finally got it to go to launcher. Phew:laugh:
So a combination of sdcard and formatting got me there. It is odd how some roms are sensitive to these things;)

Lastly, I think the same problem with tytung's aroma script with ppp is occurring here. If you leave rmnet as default (booting from wm6.5), there is no data. you must choose ppp to get data despite there being a checksys.sh and lines in updater.script which should force ppp install for haret booting.

Anyway, its great to see Slim ROM back on our hd2, it seems really fast.
Excellent job max18mac :angel: and thanks for your continuing support for our hd2:highfive:

Maybe not a place for this question,but how do I get 4ext recovery?Just flash it from usb flasher option described by macs18max?Will it wipe my current rom?Like I said,I've been using only cwm since I switched from wm to android (wm was only a day on my hd2 :D )
Thanks

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Maybe not a place for this question,but how do I get 4ext recovery?Just flash it from usb flasher option described by macs18max?Will it wipe my current rom?Like I said,I've been using only cwm since I switched from wm to android (wm was only a day on my hd2 :D )
Thanks

Can't see why this is not the place for it. We are in Q&A forum after all;) I see your point though.
Unfortunately I don't know, hardly ever used nandroid. Been mostly on wp7 in nand, and 6.5 before that. you might have to search a bit, or maybe wait til max18mac wakes up after working all day (and more) on this release:)
Sorry can't help further.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks

I'm not entirely certain of this but if I'm not mistaken you just flash it in USB flasher. It will wipe all of your data and you should make a backup of your apps/data in Titanium Backup first (I don't think restoring a CWM backup in 4EXT is completely safe). No matter what you decide to do, backup first. You know what, just backup your data for the hell of it :p Seriously though, backup.

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
I'm not entirely certain of this but if I'm not mistaken you just flash it in USB flasher. It will wipe all of your data and you should make a backup of your apps/data in Titanium Backup first (I don't think restoring a CWM backup in 4EXT is completely safe). No matter what you decide to do, backup first. You know what, just backup your data for the hell of it :p Seriously though, backup.

I must be honest,I never backed up data or anything. I never use many apps so when it comes to that, I just do a fresh install. My question was will the flashing of 4ext recovery wipe my current rom, just to know. If it does, what the hell, I'll flash it again :D

sent from my Slim V1 HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah it will wipe your ROM. You'll have to flash the ROM again (*cough* backup *cough*) but that's all you'll have to flash so it's not like a Task29 or anything.

gasanpride

Apr 27, 2008
Minnesota
Not sure if I missed it, but on the navigation bar I can see the screen off button but I don't see the power menu option . Is there such one for this Rom?

Sent from my Htc Hd2 using xda app-developers app

ad2003

Jan 28, 2010
Xda app would not be bad and a patched adfree host file :)

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
Yeah it will wipe your ROM. You'll have to flash the ROM again (*cough* backup *cough*) but that's all you'll have to flash so it's not like a Task29 or anything.
So,I go to USB Flasher, connect my phone to my pc, run DAF.exe and run it and that's it?
Afterwards I need to flash rom again,and I go to recovery same way I did with CWM, from Magldr menu, right?
Just wanted to check before I do it, to be sure something doesn't go wrong.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
So,I go to USB Flasher, connect my phone to my pc, run DAF.exe and run it and that's it?
Afterwards I need to flash rom again,and I go to recovery same way I did with CWM, from Magldr menu, right?
Just wanted to check before I do it, to be sure something doesn't go wrong.
Exactly. I'm not sure how you edit the size of the /system partition when you flash 4EXT but hopefully that'll be clear when you do it. If not, you can obviously post here since this is a Q&T thread and someone who's used it is bound to help. Other than that, what you outlined is entirely correct so good luck flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION
    What is Nand, Data2EXT or NativeSD?
    Just a brief understanding of types of installation. During installation of rom has 3 options for setup. 1. NAND 2. DataOnExt 3. NativeSD
    1. NAND. Installing everything (System and data) on Phone Memory. sd-ext(EXT4 partition) partition isn't used
    2. DataOnEXT. Installing all system files on phone(NAND) and Installing all data files on sd-ext(EXT4 partition)
    3. NativeSD. Installing everything(System and Data) on sd-ext(EXT4 partition)
    Depending on this 3 type of installation we need to decide if we need a Ext4 partition, as Nand do not require SD-EXT, but data2ext and NativeSD reuire SD-ext partition

Main Steps in brief
    A. HSPL
    B. Latest Radio
    C. Install Bootloader cLK or MAGLDR (Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)
    D. Selecting system size and Install Recovery Extended TWRP 2.5.0.5 (Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)
    E. Partition sdcard (only data2ext and NativeSD)
    F. Install ROM.
    G. NativeSD setup (Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)
    H. Default kernel and Mulitboot options (For NativeSD, Seperate instructions for cLK and MagLDR)

Step A & B - HSPL, Radio
    Install HSPL and the latest radio (probably most of you have done this, if not, search in Xda)
    (It is recommended to task29 before flashing bootloader, but not necessary)

Step C - Flashing Bootloader
    Two type of Bootloader available for cLK or MAGLDR
    First lets go to pro's and cons

Benifit MAGLDR over cLK
    *Supports RMNET which is very stable data connection
    *Support booting of WP7
    *Boot a second faster than cLK
    *NativeSD boot kernel don't occupy any space in Nand(Phone memory)

Benifit cLK over Magldr
    *Support charging when device is OFF
    *Behaves more like native android device, supporting fastboot and booting into recovery using ROM
    *You can change system size by editing in settings, unlike Magldr we need to flash bootloader again.

Installation
    Decide which Bootloader you want to flash: cLK or Magldr
    Download Bootloader.zip and extract the content to a folder
    Press and Hold volume down key and press switch on HD2. You will be booted into HSPL showing serial. Plug in the USB. HSPL will display USB
    Run "LeoAdvancedRUU.exe" as administrator
    Select "Regualr RUU (Task28) - recommended for flashing NBH with OS section
    Select NBH file the bootloader you want (Selecting clk.nbh will flash cLK bootloader or magldr will flash MagLDR bootloader)
    Click "Next" (This will flash bootloader, wait for it to finish and let it reboot)

attachment.php

Step D - Flashing recovery and setting system partition
    Understang of partitions: The Phones ROM has been partition into the following: Misc, Recovery, boot, system, cache, and data
    Misc 1MB, boot 5MB and cache 5MB sizes are the same for most of ROM unless specified.
    Recovery partition size depend on the Recovery we flash (For TWRP it is 9MB )
    ROM develeper usually specifies the size of ROM, example system=300MB so we need to adjust system partition size accordingly.
    The remaining space will be assigned to data automatically.
    If you are planning to use data2ext, make system size 380MB as data partition isn't used, we can utilize everything for system.

For CLK
    Boot into Mainmenu for bootloader by pressing and holding the back button when during boot.

attachment.php

Go to Settings>Resize partition and change size of system by adding and subracting values, commit changes and apply.
    Also change the size of recovery partition to 9MB

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Download Recovery.zip and extract to a folder. Plug in USB. Run file "fastbootflash.bat" Wait. It should take around 2 mins to flash.(There is no progress bar)

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Reboot Clk and now we can boot into recovery by pressing and holding the back button when during boot, and choosing recovery.

For Magldr
    Download Recovery.zip and extract to a folder. Open File "flash.cfg"
    Change the partition size for system. for example if you want to change system partition to 300MB, change the following: system ya 300M
    and save changes to flash.cfg

attachment.php

Boot into Mainmenu for bootloader by pressing and holding the power (disconnect) button when during boot.
    Choose "USB flasher" in menu. Connect usb cable. Run "DAF.exe" as administrator and follow instructions. It will flash recovery and reboot.
    During reboot hold power button and boot in MAGLDR main menu. Choose "AD Recovery"

attachment.php

Step E - Partitioning SD card
    Partitioning SD card with ext4 (only required for data2ext and nativesd, this step is not needed for nand type installations)
    Once booted in recovery, go to "advance" > "partition SD card" > and choose size for sd-ext partition by moving the slider.
    And "swipe to partition" will start creating and formatting partitions

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Step F - Installating ROM
    TWRP can mount sdcard as USB Mass Storage by choosing Mount>Mount USB Storage.
    Copy the installation ROM Zip file to sdcard. Safely remove device in Windows and Unmount from TWRP recovery
    In TWRP main menu click install and choose installation zip file and swipe to install.

Step G - NativeSD Boot
    When we installed NativeSD, the Bootloader doesn't know how to boot it. On power on it will still boot the Nand ROM. So we need to make the bootloader boot nativesd rom. Heres how

For cLK
    If we have installed a NativeSD ROM, we need create seperate boot partition for storing the NativeSD kernel. in clk we can add 4 more secandary boot partitons. sboot, tboot, vboot and wboot (Offcource this comprimises nand space). To add/remove secandary partition go to clk settings

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Now we can flash NativeSD kernel on Sboot. 3ways of doing this. I have already included an option in aroma installer to flash sboot whilst installing rom. However if you are on other rom, you will need to flash sboot2.zip (search in xda) or you can goto twrp recovery>advance>native manager choose your secandary boot and rom.

For Magldr
    For Magldr is rather simple. We don't need to add secandary boot partiton for nativesd. Just show the location of the kernel on sdcard.
    Goto Magldr main menu. now select Services>BootSettings>AD SD Dir and choose the NativeSD folder on sdcard.

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Step H - Default kernel and Mulitboot options
    Now that we have STEP G, I will try to explain about Default kernel and Mulitboot options.
    When to bootloader boots into ROM we need to tell the bootloader which ROM we need to boot into, this is done by choosing default kernel
    When We enable ShowMultiboot the bootloader will ask the user to choose the ROM that need to be booted into. (Clk will wait for 5seconds for user input and then will boot in defualt kernel whereas Magldr will wait forever until user choose the ROM)

Scenario:
    User A: I want my HD2 to directly boot into Nand(or Data2ext) ROM when I switchON my hd2:cool:
    User B: I want my HD2 to directly boot into NativeSD ROM when I switch ON my hd2:p
    User C: I want my HD2 to ask me which ROM should I boot, when I power up my HD2 and I will choose everytime which ROM to boot:cowboy:

User A and B wants to directly boot into their ROM type without asking (so they need to disable ShowMultiboot) but User A need to set Default kernel as NAND and User B has to set default kernel to NativeSD
    UserC has to enable show multiboot.. Below are steps how to achieve this

For cLK
    Boot into Clk, Go to settings
    You will see set default kernel. If you choose Nand it will boot into Nand(or Data2ext) ROM. (UserA should do this)
    If you choose sboot(or on of the secandary) it will boot into NativeSD ROM. (UserB should do this)

If you enable show multiboot it will wait on the clk boot menu for 5 seconds. If you don't choose within 5 secs, it will boot to the default kernel selected (UserC should do this)

attachment.php
    attachment.php

For MagLDR
    Boot in MagLDR main menu.
    We can set default kernel by going to Services>BootSettings>BootSource.
    Choosing Boot from NAND will automatically boot into Nand or Data2ext everytime we switch on HD2 (UserA should do this)
    Choosing Boot from SD will boot into NativeSD automatically, without asking, everytime we switch ON HD2 (UserB should do this)

We can enable show multiboot by going to Services>BootSettings>Always Menu. . Choosing Green-Yes will activate Show Multiboot(UserC should do this)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

I hope I haven't made this guide complicated.
    If you found this installation instruction usefull. HIT THANKS BUTTON BELOW;)
    [SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+3]Questions & Troubleshooting[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific for SLIM ROM JB[/SIZE]

attachment.php

[SIZE=+1]This thread has been created for people to share issues, questions and help [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]while using this version of SLIM ROM JB [/SIZE]

PLEASE make sure to thank the developer for the dedication to this ROM

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter​

See post two for FAQ
    Welcome post

Hi,

First of all welcome to this thread. I wanted to be the first poster in this Q&T thread, especially created and dedicated to my ROM thread, to show my appreciation to be able being a part of this.. I want to thank Kuzibri, and of course the entire Q&T Team (all of them are RC's), to make this possible.
    Now a little word about the goal of this specific Q&T thread:
    "goal of this specific thread is to clean up my development ROM thread with Off Topic posts. These kind of posts will ,with this especially created Q&T thread , redirected to this new Q&A/T thread. With Off Topic post we, Kuzibri and I, mean posts that are not directly ROM development related, e.g. I want to use ths ROM, how to install it or can I use this app with this ROM,etc. Kuzibri and I will be monitoring my ROM thread for these kind of posts and ask the poster kindly to move his post to this thread. We hope that after a certain amount of time this will be self-sustaining and becoming a normal thing to do.

Many thanks to Kuzibri and the entire Q&T team,
    macs18max

Screenshots

attachment.php
    Script in 6.9 is very smooth now but why did slim remove the scripts? Aren't they good enough?

They claim their ROM is fast enough, and don't need it. Slim make slimroms officially for several number of device and for some devices, these script benefited and for some it didn't and cuased problem.

Same goes for V6 actually, It has tons of settings, and testing each one whether it works or not will take lot of time.
    Also some may prefer A type of settings and some may prefer B type of settings.

So I think I will release the ROM without V6 script. and make seperate installer for V6,
    As users who are willing to test can report.
    Once we get a good setup, then I can embedd it in the next release.

testing V6 for 2 hours, I found 3G/Wifi enhancing feature don't work with this ROM.
    I dont find any improvement in 3G or Wifi connections
    I'm sucess repack bluetooth fix. Everyone can test and PM to me!! I test this with NativeSD and it's work great!!

Link: http://d-h.st/wrH

How to use: you install this this with CWM or 4EXT Recovery, and then reboot your phone!

PM: don't lose your data