[HELP]Google Maps

Search This thread

YosefKonrad

Feb 19, 2014
Running on 7" Almost AOSP V. 2. Everything is excellent but I can't get Google Maps working. It's incredibly sluggish, on-map text is glitchy and it's essentially unusable.

Is there a known fix for this?

wc4usa

Nov 24, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Moto G Power
Running on 7" Almost AOSP V. 2. Everything is excellent but I can't get Google Maps working. It's incredibly sluggish, on-map text is glitchy and it's essentially unusable.

Google MAPS will not work on an Amazon operating system - I don't believe it will work on any of the thor-gapps roms. The API will not render properly, and is not licensed to work on Amazon o.s.'s. It will work on Capsjuste's AOSP 4.2.2-0 android ROM , which does not use Thor.

However, if you have access to the Amazon Appstore, you can try the 99-cent Tab for Google Maps app.

Reactions: YosefKonrad

YosefKonrad

Feb 19, 2014

Google MAPS will not work on an Amazon operating system - I don't believe it will work on any of the thor-gapps roms. The API will not render properly, and is not licensed to work on Amazon o.s.'s. It will work on Capsjuste's AOSP 4.2.2-0 android ROM , which does not use Thor.

However, if you have access to the Amazon Appstore, you can try the 99-cent Tab for Google Maps app.

I don't have access to the amazon store. Any idea what the next best thing is on the Play Store?

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
I have Google maps working just fine in my 8.9" Fire running the stock OS with all the Google apps installed.

Obviously it doesn't work as well as the copy in my Note 3 without the onboard GPS, but it will find a location and map a route just fine.

98HTTR91

May 22, 2012
To piggyback on this, does Zillow use the Google maps app? I downloaded Zillow from amazon before configuring gapps and it worked fine. I installed gapps then tried it and it was screwed up like Google maps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

StAlfonzo

Jul 26, 2011
Does maps.google.com work for you on the kindle? I don't have mine readily available to test, but since there's no GPS and you need a wireless connection to access maps anyway, wouldn't the website only be marginally less convenient than the app for this particular device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.