[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
I've had a few force closes with camera and Nova today on the test build. It also has forgotten my default launcher 3 times today. Dunno if it's related, but just mentioning it as it's never happened till today.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011
Anybody else getting something like this? happens when the phone is left alone, i come back and check it and notice that it rebooted on its own. any idea what it could be, or how i could find out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-02-00-57-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-02-00-57-20.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 445
I am new to CM9 but I was able to successfully load CM9 to my phone. However my root access seems to break. When I try to use app requiring root access, superuser automatically denies it. Root was working fine before CM9. I tried going to back to stock, updating to EL30 and rooting again. Root worked fine until i went to CM9. Is this expected behavior?

Also I have seen several post where users reported that sprint visual voicemail works on CM9. How do I enable this as I do not see the app?

Thanks for all your help and please forgive my ignorance. I tried to find the answers myself on the thread before posting.

Last edited:

slimpyman

Nov 30, 2008
arlington heights, il
Anybody else getting something like this? happens when the phone is left alone, i come back and check it and notice that it rebooted on its own. any idea what it could be, or how i could find out?

now, i get alot of random reboots a day. During the day i use my phone about a total of 2 hours give or take. the phone will reboot at least once a day.

The newest type of reboot is where it shows the boot screen, but the phone is still "on". i can get notif tones, and turn the screen on and off.

Im using juice defender ultimate, and im not sure if that is the culprit. My GF is using alpha2, and gets far less reboots then I. and Im on beta1

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Thicker cables allow more 0s and 1s to pass through without getting caught on the sides.

lol wut?

:)

kvan1707

Apr 26, 2011
Epic CM Team Blog: Test Feedback Needed: Experimental Kernel saves 7MB RAM

noobnl found a simple hack that reduces the kernel framebuffer memory, giving 7MB to userspace on Epic 4G. We need your help to determine what this change actually does. Please test and report ANYTHING different.

Working great so far. I'm running benchmarks and stress tests to see if it fails or hangs up. Will edit when I've had more time to mess with it.

sent from my Evo Killer running CM9 ICS

Last edited:

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
I am new to CM9 but I was able to successfully load CM9 to my phone. However my root access seems to break. When I try to use app requiring root access, superuser automatically denies it. Root was working fine before CM9. I tried going to back to stock, updating to EL30 and rooting again. Root worked fine until i went to CM9. Is this expected behavior?

Also I have seen several post where users reported that sprint visual voicemail works on CM9. How do I enable this as I do not see the app?

Thanks for all your help and please forgive my ignorance. I tried to find the answers myself on the thread before posting.

Have you tried using a terminal emulator?

DL emulator fr Play Store, open it, then type:

su
superuser yes
exit

If not familiar w/ emulator, post back for clearer instructions.

Once done w/ emulator.........from your homescreen, try those apps again........if still no go, try DL'ing/running a newer version of superuser fr the Play Store............then try your scripts once more.

.............*edit: if you feel you're losing su from CM9 install, go to toadlife's CleanGB thread + find his CleanGB_MTD 1.0.4 kernel (or one of his BML/MTD kernels: it fixes proper support for reboot to recovery), then flash it onto your Stock BML from Odin.........when you install CM9 again su should stick.

..........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts