CM7 Nightly's back in action :D

Search This thread

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
New July 8 nightly is out.
I flashed it last night, but without a changelog I can't tell what's improved.
Mostly my OG just sits on the table. :'(

-CM7 on DInc2

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm getting wifi crashing/rebooting the phone on the latest nightly.

Any version of CM7 that doesn't? Looks like cm 7.1 rc1 does it as well (steel droid).

need wifi. Fail?

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
I'm getting wifi crashing/rebooting the phone on the latest nightly.

Any version of CM7 that doesn't? Looks like cm 7.1 rc1 does it as well (steel droid).

need wifi. Fail?

I have no problem with wifi. Do you wipe dalvic and cache when you flash updates?
That's the minimum to do. If you are coming from a different ROM entirely then anything less than a full wipe is risky.

-CM7 on DInc2

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
Nightly 9-30 has borked my D1 and my DInc2.
D1 would not even begin the update in recovery, just froze. Battery pull and now it won't boot. Stuck on M logo.
Booting into recovery gets me the top level menu, but any selection leads to a blank screen. Press power from the blank screen and you're back at the menu.

Managed to get the Dinc2 restored, but now have no network available, only wifi.
Crap.

-CM7 on DInc2

adverbius

Jun 18, 2011
Indianapolis
Nightly 9-30 has borked my D1 and my DInc2.
D1 would not even begin the update in recovery, just froze. Battery pull and now it won't boot. Stuck on M logo.
Booting into recovery gets me the top level menu, but any selection leads to a blank screen. Press power from the blank screen and you're back at the menu.

Managed to get the Dinc2 restored, but now have no network available, only wifi.
Crap.

-CM7 on DInc2

Try this for your D1 (second section)

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
Hi, thanks much for the reply.
After more fooling around with the D1 I found that the recovery menus would respond properly from the keyboard enter button. I was able to restore the previous version of the nightly.

I tried flashing the latest cm nightly from two different download sources for the DInc2, but neither would install.
So, I am sufficiently recovered but not running the latest version. :'(

The lack of network on the DInc2 was me being dumb- the battery cover is the phone antenna. Doing lots of battery pulls? Don't expect network with the cover off. Sigh.
sent via DInc2 on ICS

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Is there a place where I can view nightly change logs?

This is the best I have found
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

sent via DInc2 on ICS

Last edited:

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
The "weeklies" continue, but I haven't pulled out my old D1 from the desk drawer in a while. :-[

-CM7 on DInc2

rholm

Hi, thanks much for the reply.
After more fooling around with the D1 I found that the recovery menus would respond properly from the keyboard enter button. I was able to restore the previous version of the nightly.

I tried flashing the latest cm nightly from two different download sources for the DInc2, but neither would install.
So, I am sufficiently recovered but not running the latest version. :'(

The lack of network on the DInc2 was me being dumb- the battery cover is the phone antenna. Doing lots of battery pulls? Don't expect network with the cover off. Sigh.
sent via DInc2 on ICS

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

This is the best I have found
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

sent via DInc2 on ICS

Which build are you using? Thinking about updating my droid1. Haven't updated in a long time.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
Which build are you using? Thinking about updating my droid1. Haven't updated in a long time.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi-
My droid is semi-retired. It comes out of the drawer every couple of weeks for some play time.
I always ran CM7 nightlies on it. There's so little going on with CM7 that they are now on a "monthly" release schedule. Very reliable, no issues for me. I also ran Prime's kernel and overclocked a bit. Also the V6 SuperCharger script from zeppelinrox.

The ROM that gets a little bit more attention is Steeldroid. I never tried it, but certainly would. Lots of good responses on it.

Good luck with your OG Droid!

-MROM on DInc2

nokiabolt

Mar 15, 2013
Hi-
My droid is semi-retired. It comes out of the drawer every couple of weeks for some play time.
I always ran CM7 nightlies on it. There's so little going on with CM7 that they are now on a "monthly" release schedule. Very reliable, no issues for me. I also ran Prime's kernel and overclocked a bit. Also the V6 SuperCharger script from zeppelinrox.

The ROM that gets a little bit more attention is Steeldroid. I never tried it, but certainly would. Lots of good responses on it.

-MROM on DInc2

Yeah, I got the last Nightly running on my trusty HTC Incredible. There's been one more new cm7 nightly (20130301) but there hasn't been one released thus far since. I wonder if CM is going to announce a closure on CM7 channel, or it'll just be longer gaps between nightlies? Honesty the CM7 nightlies have been extremely stable :)

phonetool

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, I got the last Nightly running on my trusty HTC Incredible. There's been one more new cm7 nightly (20130301) but there hasn't been one released thus far since. I wonder if CM is going to announce a closure on CM7 channel, or it'll just be longer gaps between nightlies? Honesty the CM7 nightlies have been extremely stable :)

Seems that there are still some fixes sifting down to CM7 once in a while. I expect they will stop working on it at some point, who knows when. It won't get any further features, that's for sure.
It's a fantastic piece of work - very robust and stable, and the root source for countless custom ROMs.
Gingerbread still holds a large percentage of the android OS currently in use. Of course this will continue to slowly decline as devices are replaced.

Such is life. ;)

-MROM on DInc2

Reactions: nokiabolt

nokiabolt

Mar 15, 2013
I'm trying to get my friend to find his OG Droid so I can tinker with it. Was such a classic.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While it's no cm9, it looks like there's still a lil og love going on in the nightly section
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nightly&device=sholes

Cheers,
    Rich

Hi-

-MROM on DInc2

Seems that there are still some fixes sifting down to CM7 once in a while. I expect they will stop working on it at some point, who knows when. It won't get any further features, that's for sure.
    It's a fantastic piece of work - very robust and stable, and the root source for countless custom ROMs.
    Gingerbread still holds a large percentage of the android OS currently in use. Of course this will continue to slowly decline as devices are replaced.

Such is life. ;)

-MROM on DInc2