Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
September 29, 2009: New version! 0.95

A new edition of iContact is ready for download, v0.95, which fixes a few bugs, and also adds a couple features, most notably for those who have WM6.5, and choose to "create shortcut" for a contact, your buddy's picture will now show up in your start menu, in high resolution!

Here's the full list of improvements:

[+] Added "Remove Shortcut" button to details screen if appropriate
[+] Added "createshortcut" and "removeshortcut" to language file
[+] Added contact shortcut icons to start menu shortcuts for Windows Mobile 6.5
[+] Added ability for hardware "*" key to favorite/defavorite a contact
[#] Fixed outgoing calls to numbers with no name displaying [null]
[#] Hid SIP button being displayed by iContactAE

I've worked really hard in my nights and weekends to bring you these new updates. If you like them, please consider a donation via my web site. As a thank you, I will give donors access to beta versions of iContact.

Please see my website for more details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GPL'ed Source code is available at my site: http://supware.net/iContact

iContact0.95-1.png

iContact0.95-2.png

Everybody be sure to thank larna for the original source.

Download here

Last edited:

ov2rey

Feb 6, 2008
0.7 look weird... 0.6 got a ABC bar on the right side below got all the letter A,B,C,D,E,F,G but 0.7 no more.. i like that menu... click on G it will go to G..

but 0.7 don't have...

wearefree

Oct 10, 2007
Quick feedback:

1. Voice mail icon doesn't work on my tmobile wing (open touch v4 black lite rom)

2. Call history is buggy - sometimes it can't scroll, and some of the lines are wider than others. However this is a very good and welcoming idea. Also could use smaller fonts for dates - the word "yesterday" is too big and won't fit in the screen.

3. Edit: just found out indeed I can scroll the right side of the screen, kinda like what is used in pocketcm. Good job!

All in all this is going to the right direction, just a few bugs. Definitely keeping up the good work!

Last edited:

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
0.7 look weird... 0.6 got a ABC bar on the right side below got all the letter A,B,C,D,E,F,G but 0.7 no more.. i like that menu... click on G it will go to G..

but 0.7 don't have...

You can touch on the right-hand side of the screen, and use that like a scroll bar. That even saves one click! I debated showing a light gray "ABCD..." down the side of the screen, but I like it better without it.

ov2rey

Feb 6, 2008
i wish u add a option Exit.or a icon for exit..

always have to press top right to go back to today screen then have to press close.. for icontact..

killi

May 24, 2008
You can touch on the right-hand side of the screen, and use that like a scroll bar. That even saves one click! I debated showing a light gray "ABCD..." down the side of the screen, but I like it better without it.

So there is no option to go directly to a letter? you can only scroll? I agree, that without the ability to be able to go directly to a letter, i just cant upgrade to this beautiful version. otherwise i would be scrolling forever to get to the bottom of my 250+ contacts. let us know if you decide to add it back in, or an option.

great work though otherwise

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
Quick feedback:

1. Voice mail icon doesn't work on my tmobile wing (open touch v4 black lite rom)

2. Call history is buggy - sometimes it can't scroll, and some of the lines are wider than others. However this is a very good and welcoming idea. Also could use smaller fonts for dates - the word "yesterday" is too big and won't fit in the screen.

3. The initial letter selection is gone. Initially I though it's the keypad but the keypad brings me the phone pad. I have lots of contacts so scrolling without initial letter selection can be painful.

All in all this is going to the right direction, just a few bugs. Definitely keeping up the good work!

1. What registry entries do you have under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail ? It's strange that it's not working... it looks for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail\PhoneNumber1, then HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail\UserProvidedNumber1, then as a last resort looks up your own phone number.

2. It's working flawlessly for me... I'll see if I can get it to break. Can you post or send me the names & numbers of the entries that aren't being displayed properly? I can shrink the font too, just forgot about that.

3. You can use the (invisible) scroll-bar. I found this was easier than the using the popup keyboard.

killi

May 24, 2008
ok ill give that a shot. if this is doable by finger/thumb, then that wont be that bad at all. the beauty of the 0.6 was it didnt require a stylus and was super fast to get a call made.

wearefree

Oct 10, 2007
1. What registry entries do you have under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail ? It's strange that it's not working... it looks for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail\PhoneNumber1, then HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail\UserProvidedNumber1, then as a last resort looks up your own phone number.

2. It's working flawlessly for me... I'll see if I can get it to break. Can you post or send me the names & numbers of the entries that aren't being displayed properly? I can shrink the font too, just forgot about that.

3. You can use the (invisible) scroll-bar. I found this was easier than the using the popup keyboard.

1. Under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail I have two entries: PhoneNumber1 and PhoneNumber2, both empty. I guess this is the reason the voice mail icon isn't dialing anything because there is no number to dial...

2. The names are short names (less than 10 letters, such as xxxx xxx, or xxxxxx xxxx, or xxxx xxxx, sorry I can't post the detail), and the numbers are standard 10 digit numbers in US (1-###-###-####). The thing is some entries having the same name and number have different line width, and if I navigate away to contact then come back sometimes it displays totally normal.

3. Sorry I kinda jumped into conclusion before I mess with it more, now I found out the scroll-bar and it's very sweet! I have also changed my previous post.

One more thing, could you also make this change theme based on time (like being white during the day and dark during the night) and auto close when making phone call/text message? Kinda like what is presented here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=383109&page=15
post #144

Last edited:

shadowmike

Feb 6, 2008
Cleveland
facebook.com
I would like to announce what I have been working on for the last month or so, since I found larna's open-source iContact... A NEW version of iContact! I've added the following features:

• Added skin and color scheme support
  • Made app "full screen" with titlebar matching A_C's S2P and S2U2
  • Added call log
  • Added quick scroll-to support
  • Tied favorites to built-in categories
  • Added .cab installer for easy uninstall
  • Fixed icon to a proper transparent one
Source code is available at my site: http://supware.net/iContact

Everybody be sure to thank larna. Thanks A_C, for help with the registry.

This is a very nice app. and it runs smooth on my t-mobile shadow smartphone. but since its not a touch screen i am limited to the contact list and pressing the left dpad button to get out of the contacts info.

Is there anyway to program the keys.

dpad up works, moves up the list
dpad down works, moves down the list
the center button in the middle of my scroll wheel already acts as a finger press so thats fine but

left dpad to move the bottom menu to the left (Recents, Favorites)
Right dpad to move the bottom menu to the right (keypad, voicemail)
right softkey(#2) to open any menu that you may have in the program
left softkey(#1) to open any menu you have in the program

also my phone has a back button. when in your program it doesnt funcion at all.
also my home button does not function at all.

like i said this is a smartphone i installed this on, and if this was changed it would work on all phones running wm

killi

May 24, 2008
ok i tested it. it is not very user friendly for finger thumb quick dialing. Even if you widen the scroll bar part, after you touch a scroll area, it almost always opens up a contact in that new letter area before you get to look for your target. but as it is, the scroll bar hidden area is only reachable consistently by stylus. great app for stylus driven contact searches if you fix somehow the autoselect after scroll bar tap. ill have to stick with 0.6 (using the night/day 0.6 by uiskibum)

i really like the icons and screen selections though. keep up the good work.

Last edited:

psullivan44

Jun 19, 2007
Great work on this update. Works great on my mogul. Just one thing, on long email addresses the .com is truncated and the word "E-mail" is added to the end when it goes to a new email message. Otherwise great work looks really clean.

HaiLe512

Feb 27, 2007
GOOD JOB!!!!

Thanks for the update. I like this...but do miss the ABC screen.

Thanks for sharing your works.

T-mex

Aug 29, 2007
Nice Job!

I think it's just a matter of breaking old habits (ABC), but the scroll is nice! Thanks for continuing development!

Status
Not open for further replies.