miui problems

Search This thread

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010
hey guys miui is pissing me off big time. for the last three releases the phone app keeps force closing with a "com.android.phone has force closed" error ever since like january. thats the only problem with these releases. if i turn data off, it works just fine with receiving and making calls but with data on nothing. if i make a call i can hear the call in the background like if i call voice mail i can hear the lady being like "you have no messages" but while i can hear that the force close app is in my face. if i hit force close, the service like resets itself like the bars get the X on them and it says no service then it regains it. please help i tried copying the phone apk from an older miui release but miui wont let me install it it says its installing but then its like "app was not installed".

turkbot

Sep 4, 2011
owosso
Well with the phone apk you'll most likely have to push it with adb or with a file manager to your system apps

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
You can't just install a system app the way you do with a normal app. You have to use adb to push it to the system or use a root browser to put it in the system apps, but don't forget to change the permissions before you reboot and you should be golden. You might wanna try a FULL wipe and fresh install tho

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I would also recommend trying MIUI Pyromod v1.0 if you like MIUI enough to be going without data

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I would try a FULL wipe, I used to run MIUI on the Speedy from time to time and never had these issues.

Go into recovery select mounts and storage and then format system,format SD EXT IF IT'S PRESENT don't wipe the SD card just the EXT. Then format data and format cache, head back to the main menu of recovery and select advanced and wipe dalvik cache.(some say the dalvik part is redundant BUT I do it anyways and have never had a flawed flash with this wipe method and I'm about 2k flashes in lol)I hope this helps you in some way

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010
OK so can I just delete that call tracker thing? And can someone show me how to push an app? I have the android sdk on my desktop ready to go

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010
I have tried it before, it was really laggy compared to the current ones. So there really isn't a way to fix this error?

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012