Phone is bricked - pit file issue

Search This thread

idanohh

Oct 4, 2011
Hi All,
My phone is GT I9300 International Version,
ROM Installed before incident: one of the latest (past month) CM 10.1 nightly builds.

Woke up this morning and my phone was in download mode and my screen was like this and it kept rebooting:
otk0tkZ.jpg

Tried taking out the battery / reboot / connecting to usb problem persists the rom is not loading and bring you back to download mode with the white screen.
Tried to enter the following modes:
Recovery Mode: NO RECOVERY MODE, it enters back to the download mode.
Download Mode: when entering download mode the phone screen is black as it should be

Conclusion: DOWNLOAD MODE IS THE ONLY AVAILABLE MODE I HAVE !

So, i figured something probably have gone bad in the phone but it's fixable since i can still go into the download mode.
So i downloaded one of the stock roms from samsmobile and tried with odin
Odin 1.85/3.04/3.07 - Getting error messages:
every time i tried reflashing it has lost the driver connection and even though it showed "Added" in the ODIN sometimes it wouldn't pass the setup connection step, so everytime i had to reboot the phone in order for the connection to be properly initialized.

PDA file to flash -
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

No Pit ? So i downloaded a PIT:
SGS3\GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit - this one fits the i9300 with 16gb according to what i searched and off course the model i own.

here is the odin output
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

and that's it it was just stuck like this forever...
I should mention that i tried different USB ports or even computers (all win7 64 bit) also tried runnning it(odin) with windows xp sp3 compatibility
usually when you start download mode and odin has started already you would see some kind of a progress bar on the actual phone,
that was missing as well...meaning the phone didnt seem to respond so far to the odin although it did shows sign of connectivity.

does anyone have a solution for this issue ???

idanohh

Oct 4, 2011
Flashing Pit can kill your phone ..
But looks like your PIT was damaged anyway .

Solution is a service centre repair or buy a new motherboard .

jje

Is this the famous MotherBoard Bug ? My version was 1.1

Anyhow, the download mode works its just you can't do anything with it because the its missing a pit file and can't upload one apparently ...
Anyone has a better suggestion about how to forcibly re-partition the drive ? and set the pit file ?
to me it sounds like a SD CARD issue and not a motherboard issue...

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
No its not SDS.
If you think its sd card then you are confused as NAND is part of the motherboard .

As you have no warranty then its certainly worth trying to repartition .

Sorry i don't know where the relevant post is .

jje

idanohh

Oct 4, 2011
Does it show product name while in download mode? Or is it blank?

Hi,
Nope it doesn't say the product name in that field, what does it mean ?
here is the out of that...

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:
CUSTOME BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CUSTOME BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

idanohh

Oct 4, 2011
No its not SDS.
If you think its sd card then you are confused as NAND is part of the motherboard .

As you have no warranty then its certainly worth trying to repartition .

Sorry i don't know where the relevant post is .

jje

its ok, thanks for the patience,
i thought the re-partitioning is related to the space allocation between the partitions.
but you right since its just a few kb file it can sit on the nand, and be flashed.

Factionwars

Jul 1, 2009
Just got the exact same problem, used cyanogenmod 10.1 for a long time. Last days it has been freezing all the time so i put MIUI on it and after an hour it died.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
If your product name is blank in download then you have SDS, return to Samsung for warranty repair.

Factionwars

Jul 1, 2009
Does anybody has a explaination for the white stripes on the screen? Normally the download mode screen is just clear but when it turns on it get's stuck at the white stripes.

mooseboy85

Oct 24, 2012
Hi All,
My phone is GT I9300 International Version,
ROM Installed before incident: one of the latest (past month) CM 10.1 nightly builds.

Woke up this morning and my phone was in download mode and my screen was like this and it kept rebooting:
otk0tkZ.jpg

Tried taking out the battery / reboot / connecting to usb problem persists the rom is not loading and bring you back to download mode with the white screen.
Tried to enter the following modes:
Recovery Mode: NO RECOVERY MODE, it enters back to the download mode.
Download Mode: when entering download mode the phone screen is black as it should be

Conclusion: DOWNLOAD MODE IS THE ONLY AVAILABLE MODE I HAVE !

So, i figured something probably have gone bad in the phone but it's fixable since i can still go into the download mode.
So i downloaded one of the stock roms from samsmobile and tried with odin
Odin 1.85/3.04/3.07 - Getting error messages:
every time i tried reflashing it has lost the driver connection and even though it showed "Added" in the ODIN sometimes it wouldn't pass the setup connection step, so everytime i had to reboot the phone in order for the connection to be properly initialized.

PDA file to flash -
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

No Pit ? So i downloaded a PIT:
SGS3\GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit - this one fits the i9300 with 16gb according to what i searched and off course the model i own.

here is the odin output
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

and that's it it was just stuck like this forever...
I should mention that i tried different USB ports or even computers (all win7 64 bit) also tried runnning it(odin) with windows xp sp3 compatibility
usually when you start download mode and odin has started already you would see some kind of a progress bar on the actual phone,
that was missing as well...meaning the phone didnt seem to respond so far to the odin although it did shows sign of connectivity.

does anyone have a solution for this issue ???
i have the same problem please can u help me. im missing a pit file can u send me a link for pit file

mooseboy85

Oct 24, 2012
Please can some help me my sgs3 i9300 international. is stuck on boot logo but will go into download mode. Ive flashed a stock rom but it says failed missing pit file. Com6 can some one send me a link please

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tanker32

It's NAND problem and it's solved

Hi,
this happens when you tick by mistake NAND ERASE ALL in ODIN software (ver.3 and newer), and then is partition damaged or couldn't be restored as the device need. Or when the some apps has access to EFS folder or DEV folder. Could be damaged partition.
Problem is solved here: Boot logo not boot animations disappeared! - solution is here! :highfive:

Regards, Peter

P.S. In thread above I explain all and btw. I had white stripes before starting my tablet! Everything will great after rebooting but white strips stayed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anybody has a explaination for the white stripes on the screen? Normally the download mode screen is just clear but when it turns on it get's stuck at the white stripes.

The motherboard is blown, memory control chip is toast which probably explains the white lines.