[Q] bootloop on i9506 (ks01lte)

Search This thread

kopi_b

Aug 26, 2010
hi!

yesterday i followed these instructions to flash philz touch 5 (cwm base version: v6.0.3.7) onto a fresh galaxy s4 using odin and then rooted it by installing the two zip files in recovery mode. this worked really well. after using my phone for a while, i really missed the pure android experience and wanted to flash a custom rom from aokp. so i made these steps
  1. download custom rom for i9506 (unified version)
  2. make a nandroid backup of the original rom
  3. wipe data/factory reset -> clean to install a new rom
  4. install zip from sdcard -> select the previously downloaded custom rom
unfortunately i immediately got an error that my phone is not supported by this rom, since it is the ks01lte and not a jflte or jflte***. first i thought that's unpleasant but not a real problem since i have a nandroid backup. so i made a normal factory reset and restored the backup i made before. after it was successfully finished, i rebootet the phone. but since then i don't get passed the white samsung lettering after the blueish circle animation.

thanks for any help or tiny hint.

kopi_b

Aug 26, 2010
hi!

fixed it by my self. in case some one runs into the same problem:
i flashed the correct original firmware from here with odin. after that it took a while for the first boot and i had constant force closes. after a full wipe in the original recovery everything was fine again. then i rootet it again. now i've to find another custom rom which actually supports my model and delivers the pure android experience without that touchwiz cr...

thanks, kopi

Reactions: harrisnehal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi!

fixed it by my self. in case some one runs into the same problem:
    i flashed the correct original firmware from here with odin. after that it took a while for the first boot and i had constant force closes. after a full wipe in the original recovery everything was fine again. then i rootet it again. now i've to find another custom rom which actually supports my model and delivers the pure android experience without that touchwiz cr...

thanks, kopi