Which SD card?

Search This thread

tomic888

Jan 26, 2013
Hello,

Just ordered a Note Pro 12.2.
Now I need an SD card and not sure which one to buy.
I want a 64gb one with the top performance (read/write speeds), should I get San Disk or Samsung?

Also, should I get a screen protector or is it useless?

Regards,

NeoXx

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I have the SanDisk, but the Samsung would be fine as well.

I am normally against screen protectors, but have ordered the MIME one as the Note Pro is not Gorilla Glass.

Reactions: tomic888

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011

I am normally against screen protectors, but have ordered the MIME one as the Note Pro is not Gorilla Glass.

I didn't know this, so what material is the screen made of, and any idea how scratch proof it is?

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Hello,

Just ordered a Note Pro 12.2.
Now I need an SD card and not sure which one to buy.
I want a 64gb one with the top performance (read/write speeds), should I get San Disk or Samsung?

Also, should I get a screen protector or is it useless?

Regards,

NeoXx

I have both the Samsung and the San Disk. I can't tell the difference in operation.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
I didn't know this, so what material is the screen made of, and any idea how scratch proof it is?

Samsung doesnt specify what the screen material is. It likely could be gorilla glass even though they dont say it. It seems rather resilient to me and considering they use gorilla glass on everything else the make......but I also ordered the mime. I want to use mine without a flip cover.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MikeZ

Dec 31, 2005
Samsung doesnt specify what the screen material is. It likely could be gorilla glass even though they dont say it. It seems rather resilient to me and considering they use gorilla glass on everything else the make......but I also ordered the mime. I want to use mine without a flip cover.

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/...laxy-Note®-Pro-with-Corning®-Gorilla®-Glass-3

|t says here they do ..

larkhillv

May 24, 2012
I got the SanDisk 128GB microSDXC. It offers a ton of storage with quick transfer speeds. It has been reliable and comes with an adapter in case you want to transfer files to and from a PC. I haven't tried a Samsung one, but I can tell you that Sandisk has been good in my experiences. Got mine for sale on Amazon for $100. Normally I think it's around $130 but I'm sure you can find a deal somewhere.

Also, I have a screen protector from BoxWave. It is pretty good and very affordable. I personally would not risk it, especially if you're ike me and plan to use this tablet/stylus for drawing. Scratches and scuffs will cause distractions while creating an image and maybe even interfere with your drawing depending how deep the scratch may be. Be aware that you probably will want to switch out the rubber nib on the stylus for the plastic one since pretty much all screen protectors create more friction unless you get a really expensive glass screen protector, or a high quality hard plastic one.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
This is an old thread and I had answered a similar question in a more recent one. For others looking for a fast 64GB card I'd recommend the Sandisk Extreme Plus or the Extreme Pro. There IS a difference in performance between those and the cheaper cards for those who care about transfer speeds. Key to picking IMO is to find cards with high rated write speeds. The Extreme Plus line is rated by Sandisk as having up to 50MB/s write speed, 80MB/s read speed. Looking at their specs on Sandisk's site one will notice that they do NOT rate the write speed of their Sandisk Ultra Class 10 cards. Instead they'll just say "Write speed lower" when compared to their 40MB/s read speed.

Having one of the 64GB Extreme Plus and one 64GB Ultra I did some testing with USB 2.0 and 3.0 cables from a windows 7 workstation by timing file transfers to my Note Pro. Results are in the other thread linked below.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52443880&postcount=8

These are simple timed tests and they're clearly geared towards larger file transfers. Most memory will slow down significantly for random writes of very small files. For all I know the tables would turn in random small writes but since that's not what I do with external microSD I care not to test that.

Bottom line from my experience is that between a Sandisk Ultra (or other comparable Class 10 card) and the higher end Extreme Plus cards you will see significant improvement in transfer speed even on USB 2.0. For those like me who are impatient the nearly 2x cost upfront is a gift that will keep on giving for a long time down the road. My one wish is that they'd come out with larger capacity ones than just 64GB. I'm excited for the future when these faster high capacity cards come down in price and become the norm.

Reactions: tomic888

911jason

Nov 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks, I eventually found more threads about the Note Pro and Tab Pro accepting 128gb cards. I ended up ordering a Samsung EVO 128gb for $88 just now.

larkhillv

May 24, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshots_2015-04-21-12-21-14.jpg
    Screenshots_2015-04-21-12-21-14.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: 911jason

larkhillv

May 24, 2012
Can you access all 128gb on your Note? Samsung's specs list the device as only capable of reading 64gb.

(Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead!)

Hey sorry, just saw this notification. If you're still wondering, I am 99% sure it reads the full capacity. I can look tomorrow to double check though (I'll edit this post)

Edit: wow sorry didn't realize I had already responded and that was such an old comment. Don't know why I had a new notification on this thread....

Last edited:

Rictorhell

Apr 11, 2020
I still have my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and I just purchased the SanDisk 1tb micro sdxc card for it and cannot get it to work as it should, at it's full formatted capacity. Has anyone had any luck with this card on this tablet? Can you recommend a good, fairly modern custom Rom for this tablet that would still allow me to access Google services and apps?

swfjvh

Feb 14, 2013
I still have my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and I just purchased the SanDisk 1tb micro sdxc card for it and cannot get it to work as it should, at it's full formatted capacity. Has anyone had any luck with this card on this tablet? Can you recommend a good, fairly modern custom Rom for this tablet that would still allow me to access Google services and apps?

Hi! Thanks for bringing this topic up again.
I do not have an answer to your question(s) but I was wondering what the maximum capacity can be for this device.
It supports up to 128 GB in official notes but what's possible in reality?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/...laxy-Note®-Pro-with-Corning®-Gorilla®-Glass-3

|t says here they do ..

It's Gorilla Glass 3.
    This is an old thread and I had answered a similar question in a more recent one. For others looking for a fast 64GB card I'd recommend the Sandisk Extreme Plus or the Extreme Pro. There IS a difference in performance between those and the cheaper cards for those who care about transfer speeds. Key to picking IMO is to find cards with high rated write speeds. The Extreme Plus line is rated by Sandisk as having up to 50MB/s write speed, 80MB/s read speed. Looking at their specs on Sandisk's site one will notice that they do NOT rate the write speed of their Sandisk Ultra Class 10 cards. Instead they'll just say "Write speed lower" when compared to their 40MB/s read speed.

Having one of the 64GB Extreme Plus and one 64GB Ultra I did some testing with USB 2.0 and 3.0 cables from a windows 7 workstation by timing file transfers to my Note Pro. Results are in the other thread linked below.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52443880&postcount=8

These are simple timed tests and they're clearly geared towards larger file transfers. Most memory will slow down significantly for random writes of very small files. For all I know the tables would turn in random small writes but since that's not what I do with external microSD I care not to test that.

Bottom line from my experience is that between a Sandisk Ultra (or other comparable Class 10 card) and the higher end Extreme Plus cards you will see significant improvement in transfer speed even on USB 2.0. For those like me who are impatient the nearly 2x cost upfront is a gift that will keep on giving for a long time down the road. My one wish is that they'd come out with larger capacity ones than just 64GB. I'm excited for the future when these faster high capacity cards come down in price and become the norm.
    Several posters say that the 128GB SD card works.