[ROM][XXKQB][AROMA] Crybernation 1.0.1 [05/27/2012][ICS/GB Theme] (RELEASED)

Search This thread

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
I don't believe that you have to flash XXKPQ1 first. But be sure to make a Backup of your existing ROM if you are getting problems.

pandalow

May 1, 2010
Yes there are some scripts which have to be run with scriptmanager.
I found no kernel so far which executes the init.d scripts so that everything is working as it should. When a script sets some values it is so that during bootup this values will be overwritten with the standart ones. I will attach a screenshot how it has to be.
It can be that you have problems with the included Scriptmanager. If it is so. deinstall it and download it from the market again. then it should work.

1) how do i get "DeskClock including alarm-clock, dia-show, musicshortcut and homebutton"?
2) Which scripts do i have to activate with scriptmanager blablabla at boot( or without boot)...?

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
1) how do i get "DeskClock including alarm-clock, dia-show, musicshortcut and homebutton"?
2) Which scripts do i have to activate with scriptmanager blablabla at boot( or without boot)...?

1. Open the normal Clock-App :)
2. Updated the first entry just have a look there. if you getting troubles with Scriptmanager look in the FAQs please :)

pandalow

May 1, 2010
i don't like the new clock.apk... anyone may give me the stockclock.apk? the new clock don't have a counter and is a little bit buggy(gallery)

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
Crybert why did you choose noop as the default I/O scheduler?, is it better than SIO ?

You can set it on your own if you are using SkyHigh. Just edit the io_scheduler script. I choosed noop because Stock and SkyHigh have support for this.

Originally Posted by diddsen
ah, a german dev

will the 14toggle infobar included in future?
could somebody give a short answer

Perhaps I will add this as installation option, but i find it a bit buggy because of the led issue. later everyone is crying: why is my camera not working :D

i don't like the new clock.apk... anyone may give me the stockclock.apk? the new clock don't have a counter and is a little bit buggy(gallery)

Should I add the DeskClock as a mod in installer?
what mean all the other people to this?

Reactions: diddsen

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
Hey, I added a Dropbox-link to the second post. Hope this is a bit faster than MediaFire

dr.wtf

Dec 25, 2011
the status bar: a red marked hint in the first post to deactivate the flashlight in order to get camera to work is enough to stop these people from crying

deskclock: i will block it anyway. i got a clock in the top bar. what do i need a freakin second clock for?

fabsau

Dec 3, 2011
Frankfurt
Well like I promised I´m presenting you guys my review of cybernation beta 1:

Cybernation comes with 2 versions. this makes the rom more induvidual. I´ve tested twice versions but I will start with the aroma-installer

Aroma is AMAZING because of arome is the installation very easy!!!
But crybert I recommend you to include more mods like the ICS - Theme by Ravoxx, iphone sounds, exended status bar mod and other kernels. Or you visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1409605 , there nikagl listed all revelant mods, maybe you find something you will add.
Then you should add the possibility if you don´t use a bootanimation that you will able to disable the boot sound. It´s very strange if you dont have a bootanimation but a bootsound :D
Additionally if I choose the custom installation that then I will be able to choose between the standard and the lite version, too. For example it is impossible to install the BatteryBar mod with the Lite version

Lite-Version:

The Lite-Version is awesome! You left really only the apps which the phone needs to boot. The phone is running very smooth!
The phone apk has got directly after the first boot a fc! I think it´s because of the phone.apk is installed twice.
Fortunually I didn´t have an other bug/fc
The benchmarks are pretty the same as in the standard edition, but crybert made alot of new space for other apps with the lite version.
I don´t have any ideas to make the lite version better because I´m completly satisfied with it.

Standard:
Well the standard-edition is gorgeous!
I didn´t find any bug! (but there is phone.apk installed twice, too)
But you can change in my opinion the boot-sound. I think it isnt fitting with the bootanimation...
Then you should remove in the power menu the download mode, because it doesn´t work

All in all I really like cybernation It offers you a really simple installation and aroma could replace the broodconfigurator, which I really like. The rom itself offers you a clean kq1 with the "lite-version"
The standard edition offers you the same things like other roms are offering, too but without any bugs and with aroma =)
BUT I don´t know anything about the init.d scripts which crybert made, but may they make a big change? I don´t really know this
AND we all have to keep in head that this is the first public version so don´t forget that this rom could have a big potential. And I think we all can agree that for a first build it is a very good launch, isn´t ?
Besides all of this I finaly think that this rom will be my second or third favorite one. Crybert if you suceed in making your rom more induvidualistic, you will become my favorite one!!! I predict that your rom will become famous like cranium and brood or maybe more if you keep this way!

To make your rom more induvidualistic you can add new animitions, customize some apps like settings or other stock apps, making your own theme and other things!

Then I promised to upload the rom on zippyshare. Here is the link:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/21792774/file.html
For the record again:

Its only my opinion/ideas/point of view! I dont want to offend someone espacially not you crybert!
If you have a question about my opinion I will explain it to you in German again :D

Greets fabsau

Last edited:
Reactions: crybert

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Well like I promised I´m presenting you guys my review of cybernation beta 1:

Cybernation comes with 2 versions. this makes the rom more induvidual. I´ve tested twice versions but I will start with the aroma-installer

Aroma is AMAZING because of arome is the installation very easy!!!
But cybert I recommend you to include more mods like the ICS - Theme by Ravoxx, iphone sounds, exended status bar mod and other kernels. Or you visit http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1409605 , there nikagl listed all revelant mods, maybe you find something you will add.
Then you should add the possibility if you don´t use a bootanimation that you will able to disable the boot sound. It´s very strange if you dont have a bootanimation but a bootsound :D
Additionally if I choose the custom installation that then I will be able to choose between the standard and the lite version, too. For example it is impossible to install the BatteryBar mod with the Lite version

Lite-Version:

The Lite-Version is awesome! You left really only the apps which the phone needs to boot. The phone is running very smooth!
The phone apk has got directly after the first boot a fc! I think it´s because of the phone.apk is installed twice.
Fortunually I didn´t have an other bug/fc
The benchmarks are pretty the same as in the standard edition, but cybert made alot of new space for other apps with the lite version.
I don´t have any ideas to make the lite version better because I´m completly satisfied with it.

Standard:
Well the standard-edition is gorgeous!
I didn´t find any bug! (but there is phone.apk installed twice, too)
But you can change in my opinion the boot-sound. I think it isnt fitting with the bootanimation...
Then you should remove in the power menu the download mode, because it doesn´t work

All in all I really like cybernation It offers you a really simple installation and aroma could replace the broodconfigurator, which I really like. The rom itself offers you a clean kq1 with the "lite-version"
The standard edition offers you the same things like other roms are offering, too but without any bugs and with aroma =)
BUT I don´t know anything about the init.d scripts which cybert made, but may they make a big change? I don´t really know this
AND we all have to keep in head that this is the first public version so don´t forget that this rom could have a big potential. And I think we all can agree that for a first build it is a very good launch, isn´t ?
Besides all of this I finaly think that this rom will be my second or third favorite one. Cybert if you suceed in making your rom more induvidualistic, you will become my favorite one!!! I predict that your rom will become famous like cranium and brood or maybe more if you keep this way!

To make your rom more induvidualistic you can add new animitions, customize some apps like settings or other stock apps, making your own theme and other things!

Then I promised to upload the rom on zippyshare. Here is the link:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/21792774/file.html
For the record again:

Its only my opinion/ideas/point of view! I dont want to offend someone espacially not you cybert!
If you have a question about my opinion I will explain it to you in German again :D

Greets fabsau

Ouch :( luckily my configurator has more options then aroma

dr.wtf

Dec 25, 2011
as far as i understand it, aroma gives you the chance to configure the rom during the installation but not afterwards. that wouldn't replace the configurator

did you try to install the extended status bar and did you try to modify the battery icon with uot kitchen?

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
First thanks fabsau for your review. This is just great and gives me a good feeling to develop this rom further.
Second. i don't won't to replace broodromconfigurator with this ROM. broodromconf. is a great piece of software you couldn't do all the things with aroma.
And this ROM will never have all the things that broodromconfigurator have.
It should give you the oportunity to modify a rom in some ways but not everything. Or do you want to download 500mb or more everytime a new version is out :D

fabsau

Dec 3, 2011
Frankfurt
Ouch :( luckily my configurator has more options then aroma
well nice reaction :D. But to be honest your configurator is awesome!
as far as i understand it, aroma gives you the chance to configure the rom during the installation but not afterwards. that wouldn't replace the configurator

did you try to install the extended status bar and did you try to modify the battery icon with uot kitchen?
Nope. I dont like the extended status bar and I like the battery icon, because of that I didnt try anything. I just tested the full original one.

Well but if aroma will get more options it could maybe replace the configurator. But its only a prediction...

Theezakje

Dec 12, 2011
Hi,

I installed your rom and is realy easy and a great rom!

But i have 1 question..
When i plug the phone to the pc there is no option anymore in the status bar to connect the phone to pc for the SD card.

Before i installed the rom there whas.
Debugging mode is activated.

I only can get to the sd card through kies...

Is it something in the rom or went something wrong with installing with auroma?

Thnx

dr.wtf

Dec 25, 2011
think i'll try beta 2... couldn't get skyhigh to work with brood rom and want to try the kernel

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
Hi,

I installed your rom and is realy easy and a great rom!

But i have 1 question..
When i plug the phone to the pc there is no option anymore in the status bar to connect the phone to pc for the SD card.

Before i installed the rom there whas.
Debugging mode is activated.

I only can get to the sd card through kies...

Is it something in the rom or went something wrong with installing with auroma?

Thnx

Have you enabled USB-Debugging in the Settings?
Goto Settings/Applications/Development and enable USB-Debugging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crybernationlogo.png

powered by
    logo.png

Hey,

let me introduce you my new Rom called Crybernation.
    It tooked my a really long time now to find a good configuartion and to bring you something new.

Features

- deodexed

- zipaligend

- rooted

- init.d support

- shutdown/initialisation script support

- DNS

- CM APN List (All Providers)

- GPS Tweaks

- powered by AROMA-Installer, which gives you a lot of new possibilites

- multilanguage installation and Rom support

- choose out of
    • two themes
    • five launchers
    • four kernels
    • five bootanimations
    • additional apps
    • and several mods

- blotaware removed (even more if you choose lite-installation)

- updated hosts-file for less adds

For more features have a look in the changelog

Four Configurations

• Standard
      This will install the ROM as it wanted to be by me.
      Therefore I removed some blotaware, tweaked it a lil bit like mentioned above.

• Lite
      This installationtype will give you a really lite ROM with only required apps.
      It could be that this configuration is missing functions you normally use. So I would say
      this is only for people who can easily add system.apks again.

• Customize
      Now the best:
      You can customize the ROM in some ways. Choose additional apps, launchers, bootanimations and kernels
      Make the ROM like you want it. In the future I will add more options to choose of.

• Lite & Customize
      This mode combines the lite and customize installation.

Download incl. Changelog are in the second post

Installation

Before you install this ROM make sure to have a BackUp of your existing ROM

If you have problems first have a look in the FAQs in the second post, then you can ask your questions in the thread.

Before you install Crybernation 1.0.1 (coming from RC1 or before) you have to do a FactoryReset via CWM or PhoneCode. Its really important!

BackUp your necessary files like contacts, sms and apps (I suggest you to use AppBak or TitaniumBackup for Apps)

1. Download the zip
    2. Put it on your SD-Card
    3. Run the zip via FeaMod/CWM (If you have problems have a look in the FAQs)
    4. Choose your language and follow the instructions on the screen
    5. After the installation run SuperSU, update the su binary and do a reboot ( Now you should have full superuser access.

Credits & Thanks
    amarullz - AROMA-Installer
    skywalker01 - SkyHigh Kernel
    vitaliyy - Kernel
    Rhonin86 - Testing
    RavoxX - ICS Theme

Translators:
    chasemyass -ro
    oisis -pl
    ruudheurkens - nl
    t_raven - ru
    X DoZ3R - hun

and all the other people who helped me with their HowTos and stuff
    Download

Fix for Date on LockScreen: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26964738&postcount=594

Old Versions

Code:
    [B]1.0[/B]
    [QUOTE]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/crybernation/files/Crybernation_1.0_GT-I9001.zip/download"]SourceForge[/URL][/QUOTE]

[B]RC1[/B]
    [QUOTE]
    [URL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/crybernation/files/Crybernation_RC1.zip/download"]SourceForge[/URL][/QUOTE]

[B]Beta3[/B]
    [QUOTE][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/crybernation/files/Crybernation_beta3.zip/download"]SourceForge[/URL]

[B]or[/B]

[URL="http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/59169542/file.html"]ZippyShare - Part 1[/URL]
    [URL="http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/97061227/file.html"]ZippyShare - Part 2[/URL]
    [/QUOTE]

[B]Beta2[/B][QUOTE]
    [B]ZippyShare[/B]
    [URL="http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/52792866/file.html"]Part 1[/URL]
    [URL="http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/73098572/file.html"]Part 2[/URL]

[B]MediaFire[/B]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?joc59jz787o0ite"]Part 1[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?3e3as4r1vd6evqv"]Part 2[/URL]

[B]FileFactory - Only One Part[/B]
    [URL="http://www.filefactory.com/file/c4a5c64/n/Crybernation_beta2.zip"]One Part[/URL]

[B]Update#1[/B]
    [url]http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/58951196/file.html[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

[B]Beta1[/B][QUOTE]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?wdwd552p4d4dara"]MediaFire[/URL]

[URL="http://bit.ly/w1AT3T"]Mirrorcreator[/URL](Choose out of 8 hosters)

[URL="http://bit.ly/xvNGJf"]ZippyShare[/URL] [B]thx to fabsau[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Changelog

Code:
    Crybernation 1.0.1
    - (fixed) AOSP Installation
    - (fixed) AROMA Typical/Lite Installation
    - Updates for some apps

Crybernation 1.0
    - (fixed) LockScreen
    - (fixed) CM APN List
    - (added) Nemus/HoloLauncher
    - (replaced) SuperSU instead of Superuser
    - (new) Some more languages for AROMA Installation
    - (new) more build.prop tweaks - DNS Server
    - (fix) StockKernel init.d Scripts
    - (new) Stock Bootanimation (thanks to texten)
    - (replaced) almost no themeing in Gingerbread (only centered Clock/Percentage Battery)
    -(removed) PDroid
    - (new) Choose your FileManager: Stock, Miui, RootBrowser
    - (new) Choose your MusicPlayer: Stock, CM7, Miui
    - (new) SwipeToRemove Notifications as standard
    - (replaced) WhatsAppPlus instead of WhatsApp
    - (new) Toggle2g
    - (new) 14 TogglesMod with working FlashLight
    - (new/fix) KQE Wifi binaries
    - (new) ScriptManager isn't necessary for the stockkernels anymore
    - (new) Support for ShutDown Scripts (bartito)
    - (fix) modded some ICS-Theme apps
    	-Camera.apk
    		Video/audio profiles 24-20Mbps/192Kbps_44100Hz
    		Switch-off the camera when the battery charge 0%
    	- Phone.apk
    		Disabling increasing the volume level for incoming calls
    		Removing the delay after talk end
    		Name in a few lines when dialing
    	- MMS.apk
    		Disabling autoconversion SMS to MMS
    		Increase the maximum size of send messages with 300 KB to 1 MB

RC1
    - based on XXKQB
    	all modifications since beta1 are included
    	TW3 replaced with TW4
    - completely compatible with AROMA 2.0
    	now it should be easy to support more languages for isntallation
    - more combinationes in AROMA
    - Kernel updated
    - NEW! Lite & Customize Installation
    - Lite Installation over-worked
    - NEW! Two Themes
    	Gingerbread
    	ICS by RavoxX
    - some little changes on the ICS Theme
    - changed the Crybernation Theme a little bit 
    - NEW! ICS alike Settings for both themes
    - Apps updated
    - NEW! Two Graphics Driver
    - BatteryBarMod Update
    - hosts update
    - tweaked the ondemand scripts for the stock kernels a bit

beta 3 release
    - fixed some minor graphical issues in SystemUI.apk
    - additional Wallpapers activated/added
    - removed ChocoEUKor,CoolEUKor,RoseEUKor (fonts)
    - updated SkyHigh v1.4
    - added kernelspecific init.d scripts
    	skyhigh v1.4 - Internetspeedtweaks
    	vitaliy kernel - exadrenaline
    	stock - crybernation standard scripts
    - removed Maps/Youtube (added to removed apps package)
    - added MyPhoneExplorerClient to AROMAInstaller
    - updated GoLauncherEx v2.83
    - cyanogenmod apn-list
    - added nofrills to AromaInstaller
    - updated PDroidPatch to v1.32 - still some laggs in contacts
    - updated PlayStore 3.5.15
    - worldwide gps fix by crypted
    - added defragdatabase script to Stock Kernels
    - changed the sdcard-script
    - minor changes in the updater-script (hopefulley the Last_log error is gone)
    - hardcoded AOSP-LockScreen Wallpaper

- removed Apps Package v1.1
           added YouTube

- added the removed apps Package to Downloads. It contains:
            "Aldiko"
    	"AllShare"
    	"BuddiesNow"
    	"Days"
    	"DualClock"
    	"GMail"
    	"GooglePlus"
    	"KiesAir"
    	"Layar"
    	"Maps"
    	"Memo"
    	"MiniDiary"
    	"MusicHub"
    	"PressReader"
    	"ProTips"
    	"SamsungApps"
    	"SamsungWidget-CalendarClock"
    	"SamsungWidget-ProgramMonitor"
    	"SamsungWidget-StockClock"
    	"SimToolKit"
    	"SocialHub"
    	"Talk"
    	"TalkBack"
    	"ThinkDroid"
    	"WriteAndGo"	

beta 2 release
    - updated all apps
    - AOSP LockScreen via XXKPS android.policy.jar
    - removed Market and added GooglePlayStore
    - Scriptmangar will be copied on internal SDCard. Have to install it on your own then
    - removed ini_set("force_colorspace","rgba"); in aroma-config for stability --- again blue tint during installation

beta 2 build 4
    - added smooth scrolling mod
    	- less laggs with PDroid
    - added vitaliyy kernel v40
    - added miui camera to installer
    - added miui gallery to installer
    - added cyanogenmod gallery to installer - so stock gallery is set as standard again
    - added VideoPlayer.apk for stock/miui gallery
    - added DSP Manager --- fully working/no FCs ---
    - added PDroid Privacy Guard to Installer

beta 2 build 3 
    - XXKQ7 as base
    - XXKQ7 and XXKQ1 stock Kernel
    - removed Cyanogen Gallery3D.apk (not able to set lockscreen background ->> FC)
    - updated Market to GooglePlay

beta 2 build 2
    - added 13 toggles mod incl batterybar
    - themed a bit

beta 2 build 1
    - added beats audio in AROMA
    - replaced ExtendedPowerMenu with Screenshotfunction by broodplank
    - new default wallpaper
    - minor changes to the SystemUI.apk
    	- Clock is in the middle
    - updated AROMA Installer to v1.63
    	- right colors
    - choose between bootsound on/off
    - modded some apps
    	-Camera.apk
    		Video/audio profiles 24-20Mbps/192Kbps_44100Hz
    		Switch-off the camera when the battery charge 0%
    	- Phone.apk
    		Disabling increasing the volume level for incoming calls
    		Removing the delay after talk end
    		Name in a few lines when dialing
    	- MMS.apk
    		Disabling autoconversion SMS to MMS
    		Increase the maximum size of send messages with 300 KB to 1 MB

beta 1
    - added MiLocker, GoLocker and AOSP lockScreen to AromaInstaller
    - added BatteryBarMod to AromaInstaller

build 15
    - added Cyanogen Gallery3D.apk (with VideoSupport)
    - removed VideoPlayer.apk
    - added lite installation
    - finished standard installation

build 14
    - german and english Installation

build 13
    - added DeskClock
    - You can now choose one of three Launchers
    - updated hosts-file
    - updated SkyHigh v1.3

alpha v1 build 1 - build 12
    - AROMA INSTALLER !!!! Customize your Installation in CWM with touching
    - XXKQ1 as base
    - init.d scripts
    	- some owns
    	- zipalign by DarkyROM 2011
    	- remounti9001 by pikachu01 
    	- ramscript by Juwe11
    	- sdcardspeefix by Dsexton702
    - blotaware removed
    - Standart/Customize Installation
    - fully deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - two kernels
    	- modified Stock Kernel by crybert
    	- SkyHigh v1.2 by skywalker01
    - build.prop tweaks

FAQs

Q: The Installation of Crybernation 1.* freezes. What can I do?
    A: If the installation freezes replace the META-INF Folder in Crybernation_1.*_GT-I9001.zip with the one in META-INF_fix.zip and try it again!
    The reason for this behaviour is that AROMA has problems with our phones recoveries.
    META-INF_fix.zip includes the blue installation which should work for everybody. The normal installation has the right colors.

Q: How can I change the AOSP-LockScreen Wallpaper?
    A: In beta3 and later you have the possibility to set your own LockScreenWallpaper. Therefore you have to pull the framework-res.apk from your I9001.
    1. Open the framework-res.apk with WinRar or 7zip on your computer.
    2. Go to /res/drawable
    3. Rename your wallpaper to default_wallpaper.jpg and put it in the folder. Replace the existing one.
    4. Save your changes and move the file to your phone. Set the correct permissions rw-r--r--
    5. Reboot your phone and enjoy your new lockscreen wallpaper.
    Screenshots

System
    1. RamUsage at Beginning
    2. Lite Edition
    3. DeskClock including alarm-clock, dia-show, musicshortcut and homebutton
    4. Phoneinformation
    5. Antutu score with stock kernel (tweaked through the scripts)
    6. TW4Manager ( will be installed if you choose TW4.5Launcher)
    7. AOSP LockScreen, on the top you can see the BatteryBarMod

sc20120228003147.png
    sc20120228002427.png
    sc20120228003050.png
    sc20120228140833.png

sc20120209202256.png
    device20120301144453.png
    device20120301144528.png

Installation

For more pictures of the Installationprocess have a look here:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/40624096/2/Crybernation Screenshots/Installation?h=0a300e

001.png
    005.png
    006.png
    008.png
    Hey Guys,

this evening I will upload a new version (03/25/12 in Germany).
    This will be the last one before the value pack.

Here is the beta3 changelog:

Code:
    beta 3 release
    - fixed some minor graphical issues in SystemUI.apk
    - additional Wallpapers activated
    - removed ChocoEUKor,CoolEUKor,RoseEUKor (fonts)
    - updated SkyHigh v1.4
    - added kernelspecific init.d scripts:
    	SkyHigh v1.4 - none
    	Vitaliy kernel - ExAdrenaline (No need for ScriptManager)
    	Stock - Crybernation Standard Scripts (Needs ScriptManager for some Scripts)
    - removed Maps/Youtube (added to removed apps package)
    - added MyPhoneExplorerClient to AROMAInstaller
    - updated GoLauncherEx v2.83
    - Cyanogenmod APN-List
    - added NoFrills to AromaInstaller
    - updated PDroidPatch to v1.32 - still some laggs in contacts
    - updated PlayStore 3.5.15

Removed Apps Package v1.1
    Code:
    - added YouTube
    Just to let you know:

RC1 is released

Changelog and Download on the first page. Enjoy it :)