Unlimited wifi calling for prepaid $30 plan?

Search This thread

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Can the $30 monthly plan include the unlimited wifi calling that won't deduct your allotted 100 minutes? I currently have the value 500 min plan and was able to add it online. Again this isn't the already included wifi calling feature that takes away from your minutes. Below is what I added to my current plan.

d0360599-e070-e009.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
You can use WiFi calling however it DOES just your minutes. Best bet would be downloading a voip application such as Skype, talkatone,or groove ip. My experience is that some roms for what ever reason doesn't work with voip very well. This is why I signed up for the value plan on T mobile

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

As long as you have a wifi calling feature phone, it's free

It's free in so far as it doesn't cost you money however it does cost you minutes. After you use up your minutes it's .
$0.10/minute

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Thanks for the reply guys. There's 2 different wifi calling it looks like. One will deduct from your minutes but the other is the unlimited wifi minutes that includes free wifi calling to U.S. if you're out of the country which doesn't deduct from your minutes. Its the latter I'm inquiring about.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Thanks for the reply guys. There's 2 different wifi calling it looks like. One will deduct from your minutes but the other is the unlimited wifi minutes that includes free wifi calling to U.S. if you're out of the country which doesn't deduct from your minutes. Its the latter I'm inquiring about.

I had that plan and there is no way to get WiFi calling with out voip

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I had that plan and there is no way to get WiFi calling with out voip

You had the $30 plan? Also wifi calling is voip. Not sure what you were trying to say.

Last edited:

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Sorry meant to say with out a 3rd party voip app like GrooVe IP or talkatone. If you use the native WiFi calling you will use up your minutes

Reactions: aznmode

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Sorry meant to say with out a 3rd party voip app like GrooVe IP or talkatone. If you use the native WiFi calling you will use up your minutes

I see so the $30 plan you're not able to add the unlimited wifi calling minutes that I added to my $64.99 value plan? Just making sure Im reading you right.

qpinto

Dec 8, 2011
Miami, Fl
That is correct. WiFi calling users your minutes on the $30 plan otherwise I'd have it myself.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aznmode

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
Wifi calling just uses your wifi to call. You will waste your mins with wifi . It uses wifi to get good signal when you have no.service in some areas

superlex

Dec 30, 2011
I am on prepaid $30 5GB 4G with 100mins talk time. Free T-Mobile to T-Mobile I believe is for family line - don't quote me on that. I scan thru the web still looking for a better alternative than GrooveIP. - 3rd party wifi Calling app\

Jaxidian

Sep 19, 2010
Indianapolis
does the $30 include free tmo to tmo

Nope

I am on prepaid $30 5GB 4G with 100mins talk time. Free T-Mobile to T-Mobile I believe is for family line - don't quote me on that. I scan thru the web still looking for a better alternative than GrooveIP. - 3rd party wifi Calling app\

Ultimately, with the $30 prepaid plan, there is no way to get "free" minutes whether it's TMo-to-TMo, WiFi Calling, Nights & Weekends, or anything like that. Your best bet to get ~$30 lines with a decent number of minutes is to have a family value plan. They require contracts and do not have subsidized phones, but you can get 5 lines w/ 1k minutes shared, unlimited SMS, 2GB data for ~$25/line. A few examples with the Value plans (all w/ unlimited SMS, nights & weekends, tmo-to-tmo, and wifi calling):

1) 5x lines w/ 1k minutes, 2GB data: ~$25/line
2) 5x lines w/ unlimited minutes, 2GB data: ~$29/line
3) 5x lines w/ 1k minutes, unlimited data: ~$35/line
4) 5x lines w/ 1k minutes, 2x unlimited data and 3x 2GB data: ~$29/line <-- (this is what my family does)
5) 5x lines w/ unlimited minutes, unlimited data: ~$39/line

The trick with the Value plans is that you really need to need as many lines (up to 5) as possible for it to be so cheap. The way the plans are, 2 lines cost about the same as 5 lines. So if you only wanted 2 lines instead of 5, then those 5 scenarios would then be MUCH more expensive on a per-line basis.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That is correct. WiFi calling users your minutes on the $30 plan otherwise I'd have it myself.