(Help) cherry mobility m-743 recovery

Search This thread

rec61

Aug 20, 2008
Hi all ,

My problem is , i flashed wrong cwm on my tablet and now i can't even boot into recovery mode anymore.
I tried almost every cwm nothing worked and can't reset the tablet anymore.
My tablet is cherry mobility m-743
Quad core a9 cortex 1.2
Actions act-atm 7029
Pls some one help me i'm stuck don't know what the do

UncleXNL

Feb 8, 2012
Will fix this for you!

Hi all ,

My problem is , i flashed wrong cwm on my tablet and now i can't even boot into recovery mode anymore.
I tried almost every cwm nothing worked and can't reset the tablet anymore.
My tablet is cherry mobility m-743
Quad core a9 cortex 1.2
Actions act-atm 7029
Pls some one help me i'm stuck don't know what the do

As long as Android starts and you have root, you have no problem. I have here the ClockWorkMod for Cherry M-743

just follow instructions included in the zip file. And also replace rec_bak.img with the included image file.

Now you have recovery back, and even better it's clockworkmod recovery! So you can make backups!

Easy peasy!

Uncle X

rec61

Aug 20, 2008
Thank you, but i returned my tablet to the store and received my money back, but it will be helpful for my friend, he had the same problem

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AML-MX REF met Tapatalk

UncleXNL

Feb 8, 2012
Who uses it?

As long as Android starts and you have root, you have no problem. I have here the ClockWorkMod for Cherry M-743

just follow instructions included in the zip file. And also replace rec_bak.img with the included image file.

Now you have recovery back, and even better it's clockworkmod recovery! So you can make backups!

Easy peasy!

Uncle X

If you have installed this recovery and it works for you, post your thx here. Together we can make this Cherry work! I made a great custom ROM for it, with this clockwork mod recovery you can install it, let me know ok...

P.S. Part of my ROM is making the Cherry Mobility M-743 run on 720Mhz else it will overheat with the heavy apps.

The Cherry M-743 has a 1.2Ghz CPU, but the board only go's to 1.008Mhz maximum, unfortunate 1.008Mhz is still to much, since the CPU has not much room in the plastic cover to cool, if you run heavy apps like Google Earth you will find the M-743 crashes the application quickly.

By limiting the quadcore to 720Mhz the applications will not crash. I'n my ROM I made a special memory management I call "Wirlwind SWAP" it programms the memory manager in a way using SWAP so you get about 3x more speed and since you run on 720Mhz, you will not have overheating crashes.

I will post some images from this ROM when I have time, or maybe a video. My ROM makes Cyanogen look a bit pale... ;)

sexraider

May 28, 2010
If you have installed this recovery and it works for you, post your thx here. Together we can make this Cherry work! I made a great custom ROM for it, with this clockwork mod recovery you can install it, let me know ok...

P.S. Part of my ROM is making the Cherry Mobility M-743 run on 720Mhz else it will overheat with the heavy apps.

The Cherry M-743 has a 1.2Ghz CPU, but the board only go's to 1.008Mhz maximum, unfortunate 1.008Mhz is still to much, since the CPU has not much room in the plastic cover to cool, if you run heavy apps like Google Earth you will find the M-743 crashes the application quickly.

By limiting the quadcore to 720Mhz the applications will not crash. I'n my ROM I made a special memory management I call "Wirlwind SWAP" it programms the memory manager in a way using SWAP so you get about 3x more speed and since you run on 720Mhz, you will not have overheating crashes.

I will post some images from this ROM when I have time, or maybe a video. My ROM makes Cyanogen look a bit pale... ;)

Hi I am italien, i don't know english language. exist the custom rom for my M-743?

KayraINCI

Account currently disabled
Apr 7, 2014
GB
meettomy.site

Easy peasy!

Uncle X

Hey, i cannot boot in recovery and how can i flash this cwm?

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com

The fact that you just have replaced the name of the real creator of that CWM doesn't really convince that you could do a very good ROM.

You are not the only one doing this. @fipsy is another who did the same thing, for Hannspad, But at least he changed modules, you didn't even have to do that.
But modules are just modules and changing them doesn't give right to modify CWM the program like that. Its creator stays, regardless of kids playing with their hex editors.

The original CWM for atm7029 tabs is actually done by @bnmguy. You can download the original from here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/71985-cwm-recovery-updated-new-version/