EDL mode

Search This thread

ahmadjuybar

Feb 8, 2020
hi
My phone does not enter EDL mode. When I press and release the volume keys, when I plug in the cable, the mobile charging screen appears and the earphone and Qualcomm are not detected by Windows.

Skarrab22

May 6, 2020
hi
My phone does not enter EDL mode. When I press and release the volume keys, when I plug in the cable, the mobile charging screen appears and the earphone and Qualcomm are not detected by Windows.

My OP7T HD1900 does not go to EDL mode as well. I've tried every possible way of holding the volume =/- then plugging the phone to the PC. It just jumps on to Fastboot mode everytime. Dev tools have been enabled and I've also tried long holding the buttons, not letting go long after I've plugged the phone -- no dice. Also tried the "adb reboot edl" command -- still no go. Hoping somebody's expert advise.

xocomaox

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando, FL
My OP7T HD1900 does not go to EDL mode as well. I've tried every possible way of holding the volume =/- then plugging the phone to the PC. It just jumps on to Fastboot mode everytime. Dev tools have been enabled and I've also tried long holding the buttons, not letting go long after I've plugged the phone -- no dice. Also tried the "adb reboot edl" command -- still no go. Hoping somebody's expert advise.

EDL mode doesn't show anything on the screen. You have to detect it with an app on the PC. Just throwing that out there in the event you're expecting to see a screen that says EDL or something.

Reactions: emontes

Skarrab22

May 6, 2020
EDL mode doesn't show anything on the screen. You have to detect it with an app on the PC. Just throwing that out there in the event you're expecting to see a screen that says EDL or something.

You're right. Screen's just supposed to remain black/blank (like it's turned off). But definitely it is not supposed to go on Fastboot display, right?

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11
For edl mode shutdown the oneplus 7t
After this press and hold the voll + and voll - and putt in the usb cable but keep pressing the two buttons
And start the msm tool.
the op7t should be found by the edl tool, if not click on ensure.

and don't release the two buttons until you press the start button in the edl tool, otherwise the op7t will automatically exit the edl mode after a while (approx. 10 seconds)

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Moto G 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is Windows Device Manager supposed to show a yellow triangle on a "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" when in EDL mode? Event Manager shows the following error:

Code:
Device USB\VID_05C6&PID_9008\7&24d98034&0&4 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\Vid_0E0F&Pid_0001\2370402450030061
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0701)#PCI(0003)#USBROOT(0)#USB(6)#USB(4)
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0033
Present: false
Source: Kernel-PnP, Event ID: 442

Mogster2K

Jun 25, 2011
Moto G 5G
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nevermind, I finally found the driver. It was in Windows Update, but Windows wouldn't install it automatically. I had to click on "View optional updates" and check the box for the Qualcomm driver.

Reactions: Xcaliber

JrWpLbC

Dec 7, 2020
After this press and hold the voll + and voll - and putt in the usb cable but keep pressing the two buttons
And start the msm tool.

and don't release the two buttons until you press the start button in the edl tool, otherwise the op7t will automatically exit the edl mode after a while (approx. 10 seconds)
Thank you for this. My phone kept going out of EDL after a few seconds and I was afraid to start the msm tool thinking it would fail. Worked perfectly.

white43

Jan 26, 2008
Dorset, UK
And start the msm tool.

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!

I was struggling to get it to work. One port on my laptop just kept launching Fastboot, I thought the other wasn't doing anything until I looked in control panel and saw it connected and disconnecting every 10 seconds!

And start the msm tool.

EVERYBODY WHO HAS BRICKED THEIR OP7TPRO READ THIS POST CAREFULLY. I THOUGHT MINE WAS TOAST BUT THE BUTTONS AND PLUGGING IN IS CRUCIAL FOR YOUR PC TO RECOGNIZE YOUR PHONE IN MSM.........IT WORKS...........THANK YOU CHRIS :)

Reactions: Xcaliber

sedated8

May 12, 2021
Hi, I have the same issue. Have you found a solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And start the msm tool.

Why don't you - adb reboot edl ?

Nevermind, I finally found the driver. It was in Windows Update, but Windows wouldn't install it automatically. I had to click on "View optional updates" and check the box for the Qualcomm driver.
    And start the msm tool.

EVERYBODY WHO HAS BRICKED THEIR OP7TPRO READ THIS POST CAREFULLY. I THOUGHT MINE WAS TOAST BUT THE BUTTONS AND PLUGGING IN IS CRUCIAL FOR YOUR PC TO RECOGNIZE YOUR PHONE IN MSM.........IT WORKS...........THANK YOU CHRIS :)