[MOD][/system/customize/ACC/default.xml][activate tether, disable max passwords]

Search This thread

homers1

Sep 30, 2009
Attached are flashable updates for /system/customize/ACC/default.xml to enable WiFi tethering and disable maximum password attempt wipe.
They are based on dottat's mods here. (many thanks!!!)

vzwm8_6.0_tetherpassword.zip can be flashed in whatever fashion you feel most comfortable. I tested it with TWRP recovery.

If you're editing your own default.xml and find that you've changed something that borks your android UI [it will tell you that you have, and deny you access to the OS], you can flash the vzwm8_6.0_original.zip to replace it with an original from my device.

If your UI is locked out, hold the power button until it notifies you (sound/vib). After you close the next warning box, you should have a box that lets you power down. From there, you can boot to fastboot/recovery as usual and fix it.

Attachments

• vzwm8_6.0_tetherpassword.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 619
  • vzwm8_6.0_original.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 414

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached are flashable updates for /system/customize/ACC/default.xml to enable WiFi tethering and disable maximum password attempt wipe.
    They are based on dottat's mods here. (many thanks!!!)

vzwm8_6.0_tetherpassword.zip can be flashed in whatever fashion you feel most comfortable. I tested it with TWRP recovery.

If you're editing your own default.xml and find that you've changed something that borks your android UI [it will tell you that you have, and deny you access to the OS], you can flash the vzwm8_6.0_original.zip to replace it with an original from my device.

If your UI is locked out, hold the power button until it notifies you (sound/vib). After you close the next warning box, you should have a box that lets you power down. From there, you can boot to fastboot/recovery as usual and fix it.
    I don't have the AT&T equivalent. Sorry. If anyone has worked on that, please feel free to contribute.