[Q] Screen Refresh Rate (Flickering) Problem [Only on HC 3.2]

Search This thread

crime_of_heart

I have a really odd problem. I purchased 3 EU version WiFi only Streak 7. Only one of them, when updating to HoneyStreak or the new offical 3.2 HC, one of them have visible refresh rate problem (it is like less than 50 Hz so that i can see the screen image light vibrates, it flickers).

The weird thing is all off the are OK with Android 2.2.2. But after the update, only one of them shows this strange behavior. Any idea about what the hell is going on? I can't return it since it is OK with Froyo.

The workaround is to increase the screen brightness more than %60 and it becomes OK.

Last edited:

rickwyatt

Feb 7, 2007
london
I have a really odd problem. I purchased 3 EU version WiFi only Streak 7. Only one of them, when updating to HoneyStreak or the new offical 3.2 HC, one of them have visible refresh rate problem (it is like less than 50 Hz so that i can see the screen image light vibrates).

The weird thing is all off the are OK with Android 2.2.2. But after the update, only one of them shows this strange behavior. Any idea about what the hell is going on? I can't return it since it is OK with Froyo.

The workaround is to increase the screen brightness more than %60 and it becomes OK.

It have this on 2.2.2 and honeycomb but I only see it on a white screen

testic

Nov 27, 2008
well, I have same problem - did anyone find any solution already (i read that ICS have support for gpu) - did someone with EU version already do update to ICS and how is there with flickering?
Thank you.

tlnlion

Jan 17, 2012
i had the same problem with Honeystreak r8. So i reverted back to using Honeystreak r6, i found r6 to be totally stable and reliable build without any visible bugs.
Now im using the ics beta4 build, but its not stable yet and camera/radio/brightness dont work in that build. WIP for ics build.