[ROM][SGH-I317 / t0lteatt][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 official nightlies

Search This thread

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
Re: [ROM][SGH-I317 / t0lte][JB][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Yes please see known issues in op

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Exchange it for a new one

good help would be better

Sent from my GT-N7105

Reactions: bigwayne3902

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Members yet another Development Thread Cleaned of the OT/Drama/Not Needed type posts, shall we get back to development. And consider this your Warning any more of these not needed type posts, I will be passing out "treats", Thank You.

BTW how about Members attempt to fix their own problems with a little homework and searching. Instead of posting and waiting on others to come up with your solutions. Thanks

Last edited:

peoples_flip

Apr 24, 2011
Toronto

The Feb/06 night shows an audio recording fix. Hope this solves the video recording issue

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

peoples_flip

Apr 24, 2011
Toronto

Just installed the 02/06 nightly and the video recorded audio still lags

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Just installed the 02/06 nightly and the video recorded audio still lags

Guys, there is a change log for EVERY nightly, if you don't see anything referencing the camera or sound then its not going to have improved. The devs know its an issue, reminding them of that every day is not going to get it fixed faster, its just annoying.

And no its not helping other users, they can read the change log like you and i can as well. Thats what its there for.

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
Just wanted to update on my issue with data connection problems. I have flashed the touchwiz CleanRom and still had the issue. I have full restored the phone back to ATT stock rom and unrooted and still had the issue. Just about 40 minutes ago I had my sim card replaced at the ATT store and so far so good.

Sorry guys and thanks for all ur help.

djromeo

May 6, 2008
Hamilton/Toronto

So where do we actually report issues...and how would the Devs even know what is working and what isn't if we don't report it somewhere? I thought that was the purpose of this thread...not to only say 'Thanks' a million times...I might be wrong but i'm sure many of us want to know what is working and what isn't on the new releases even if the Devs mentioned it in the changelog...I read it everyday but there r new features and bugs that come out regularly. I'm sure they read these posts to figure out what has been resolved or broken...if they don't hear from the community than there would be no use for us testing it or even having a thread.

I think the cleanup should be focused mainly on repeated questions...which have answers...or people asking '.... is this fixed yet?'

Testing of new nightlies and its results...new features/bugs/resolutions should be allowed to be posted here in my opinion.

I hope I don't get a treat lol...:)

bigwayne3902

Mar 18, 2011

Im with you I read this every time a new post. This is the only way I can compare my problems or fixes is to read what people are saying. Really cant believe that this is how people are going to be but it is what it is. God bless. Just hope we all can just forgive and move on to this awesome thread. And again thank you to the dev. And everyone on here!

otisman

May 12, 2012

Members, we almost made it to 24 hours without another cleaning, I believe I am going to have to change my name to the "Candy Man" with all the treats that I will be passing out here...

Thank You and Thread Cleaned, BTW Stand By.

Live pono nuff said much alohas

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

MonsterBandit

Dec 10, 2010
New Jersey
So where do we actually report issues...and how would the Devs even know what is working and what isn't if we don't report it somewhere? I thought that was the purpose of this thread...not to only say 'Thanks' a million times...I might be wrong but i'm sure many of us want to know what is working and what isn't on the new releases even if the Devs mentioned it in the changelog...I read it everyday but there r new features and bugs that come out regularly. I'm sure they read these posts to figure out what has been resolved or broken...if they don't hear from the community than there would be no use for us testing it or even having a thread.

I think the cleanup should be focused mainly on repeated questions...which have answers...or people asking '.... is this fixed yet?'

Testing of new nightlies and its results...new features/bugs/resolutions should be allowed to be posted here in my opinion.

I hope I don't get a treat lol...:)

you have a point, but when people are just saying, "bluetooth not working," "is audio fixed in the newest nightly?" "mute doesn't work" and then you get 10 "i can confirm" posts, that does nothing for the devs but point out a problem. The purpose of this kind of a development thread is to post logs of specific issues so the devs can pour over them to find out that "lib x isn't reading this way and needs to tweaked to read this way to fix it" or something along those lines.

These development threads get clogged with "help x is broken, could someone fix it for me?" or "x is broken so I'm switching to z ROM until it gets fixed." both of those do absolutely nothing but clutter the thread. If people aren't willing to search for a solution for a problem they are having and just posting blindly, that takes away from the development. If people aren't willing to try and fix the problem themselves, that takes away from development. I'm not saying people shouldn't ask questions, thats what these forums are for, but people asking the same questions over and over, that have been answered/solved, obviously not searching before posting, is frustrating to those who a) answered it b) are watching for real problems to help fix them and c) those of us who are trying to learn by following along with the development.

Back on point, yes this thread is for reporting bugs, issues, problems, etc but people should take the extra step and provide a log of the issue to help the developers fix it not just post and say "x is broken." If people don't know how to create a log, there are tools in the market, threads that teach you, and tons of other things to help you, but search for it first. I'm with bigjoe on this, things are getting out of control, instead of having him take his time to clean the thread, we should search first, then ask questions and if you have an issue to report post a log with it to help fix it and be APART of the development.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

I don't want to flame and please don't take it that way, but this kind of question should be asked in the Q&A thread, not here. If you don't understand what the code says/means don't post random links to git. The changelog (found HERE) has brief explanations of what was fixed. It may not be a complete fix but a step in the right direction. An issue like audio isn't going to get fixed overnight, its going to take time. Through trial and error. Samsung uses a lot (understatement) of proprietary things and then provides zero documents on them. CM uses open source things and is very open about their documents. But when you are trying to make the open source work and don't have a road map to help with the directions, you're driving blind. Please ask questions like yours in the Q&A thread not here.

mad212

Oct 15, 2008
Phoenix
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Can anyone confirm that the allshare cast hub works with cm10.1? Someone from another forum says its working for him.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

The changes from the last cm build that I was running (01/29) are quite noticeably good!
Terrific progress in such a short time! :p

starche_old

Apr 13, 2006
ON, Canada
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5

I don't want to flame and please don't take it that way, but this kind of question should be asked in the Q&A thread, not here. If you don't understand what the code says/means don't post random links to git. The changelog (found HERE) has brief explanations of what was fixed. It may not be a complete fix but a step in the right direction. An issue like audio isn't going to get fixed overnight, its going to take time. Through trial and error. Samsung uses a lot (understatement) of proprietary things and then provides zero documents on them. CM uses open source things and is very open about their documents. But when you are trying to make the open source work and don't have a road map to help with the directions, you're driving blind. Please ask questions like yours in the Q&A thread not here.

I hear ya, but what's the point to ask such question in that topic if no-one there? Just check - 76 pages here and only 5 there. The question will sit there for days and weeks without the answer. Guess why - no devs over there. My question was for devs coz who better then them can answer it? That's why I asked it here.

I can read changelog, don't worry ;) and I understand a little bit in programming coz I was there many years ago. It was assembler, Fortran 77 and some other stuff like that, but mainly it was C. But my skills are obsolete, that's true...

I really appreciate what you guys going and the progress you achieved so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to treat you or other devs in any way. All I need is just the answer like "yep, that's the very first step to fix sound issue, check it out guys if it works for you". If you need any logs to address the issue, I'll be more then happy to dump it here or anywhere else. I'm using CM since CM6 I think.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bigwayne3902

otisman

May 12, 2012

Why is it ever time some says something or ask a simple question child's start blasting them a simple answer like wrong tread or no or yes would work, trying to make people look stupid just makes you look dumb especially when your not the devs making changes. The developers of this should speak if there getting up mad the mods keep having to step in we are all adults aren't we this thing is like a daytime soap goodnight!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 2842059

I've been flashing every 10.1 Nightly so far and for the hell of it I want to do a fresh install of everything, everything. What is the correct procedure? It's not in the OP. There is a first time installing of 10.1, upgrading from a previous Nightly 10.1 and coming from 10 but nothing about making a clean fresh start. I'd rather ask than run into trouble.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wik: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T0lte_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

Downgrading to 4.1.x ROMs:
    - After flashing your 4.1 ROM, flash the attached file to move your sdcard content out of the 0/ subfolder.

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=t0lteatt

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#t0lteatt/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
    ciPQWl.png
    Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
    eAJJIl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Great friggin' news:

Yep, we did it again! Our opensource audio HAL seems to work almost fine.
    Incall earpiece, speaker, mic and bluetooth are working. A2dp works also.
    Since Google Now works properly i assume the Camcorder will be fine, too.
    Headset is working as well.

Download: cm-10.1-20130125-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip
    Please test it.

Known bugs:
    - mic mute broken during calls

you got codeworkx and sbrissen to thank for kick starting this. :highfive::highfive:
    Members yet another Development Thread Cleaned of the OT/Drama/Not Needed type posts, shall we get back to development. And consider this your Warning any more of these not needed type posts, I will be passing out "treats", Thank You.

BTW how about Members attempt to fix their own problems with a little homework and searching. Instead of posting and waiting on others to come up with your solutions. Thanks
    Thanks, I just installed ForceKernel (OC TO 1,920Mhz) and then run some benchmarks and it's much slower than Perseus, I used to get in Perseus around 7,500 in Quadrant and now I get around 4,500 to 5,500, am I doing something wrong ?

NOTE: I am using SetCPU and the Governor is "pegasusq"

world is going to end because your ePenis has narrowed because of less score?
    that's damn hard.
    Please test if this fixes audio over bluetooth for you:
    cm-10.1-20130120-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip