Overall love

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Samsung Galaxy S10+, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S10+ is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Ippolito1971

Jan 21, 2015
OZARK
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm going back to Samsung after a short stint with OnePlus and Xiaomi (OP5T, OP6, Mi8, OP6T) and after seeing the S10 launch event let's just say I'm seriously excited. Pre-ordered the pearl white with the free buds surrendering an LG V40 ending up paying around 595 for it. Build quality, One UI, new cameras, display, FP reader, all high on my list for this phone. Can't wait!

robbbzilla

Jan 24, 2011
Long Beach
Coming from a Pixel 3xl nightmare to the new Galaxy is a night and day experience.

The cutout is pretty minimal. I don't mind it at all and prefer it to the notch. I also really love the screen. For my older eyes it is really clear and vibrant. Amoled just keeps getting better. The screen is pretty much the entire face of the phone. Pretty impressive and much better solution than a pop up camera.

Battery life seems good, speakers are loud but tinny. They are stereo but most of the sound comes from the bottom firing speaker.

Haven't tried cameras yet.

So far initial impressions are very good. Very fast and responsive except the boot up time. One UI slows things down.

Otherwise this phone is one of the best from Samsung in a while. Build quality is also very good.

The galaxy buds are not a gimmick. I have tried other airpod knock offs and they are okay or terrible. These have impressive dynamic range and decent bass. They fit really well in my ear. I don't like bluetooth or earbuds but I have to admit I like these a lot. Would I pay $129-probably not but I would pay closer to $100. They are really nice to have for free.

When you think about what you get and the trade in offers it makes it pretty hard to say no!

If you can still get the preorder and free Galaxy buds or gift card and do the trade in it is hard not to recommend. It is really feels and performs like a premium device and I don't mean that in a bragging way but to say when you hold it, you can see the attention to detail that went into it and it feels impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: crubbish

10thDmenxn

Dec 19, 2016
This is over all, simply the best smartphone ever made. I got mine on the 6th, and have been infatuated with it ever since.

Reactions: hitman4274

larsh2017

May 2, 2017
When I unboxed my Prism White S10+, I wasn't impressed. Coming from a ceramic Mi Mix 2S, the S10 didn't feel more premium than my Mi Mix. The camera also wasn't that great, and the phone was actually slightly slower than my Mi Mix 2S running on the very fast MIUI. However, after a full day of using the S10+, my mind changed. At first I was ready to return the phone and get a Mi 9 or P30 Pro instead, but now I'm definitely keeping it. The display, the battery, the headphone jack, the galaxy buds, the design..... absolutely love it, already.

Reactions: hitman4274

jimsey

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
I want to love my new s10+, but I'm not feeling it yet, the fingerprint sensor is not as reliable as my old s9 or my wifes s10e, and the battery is draining faster then my s9+, on the plus side it has double tap tap to wake, which was one if my favourite features on the LG g4 back in 2015
:(
Hoping it grows on me

Last edited:

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Anyone notice how much faster the wireless charging engages?
It's as fast as my XS Max (yes, iphone! LOL).
Not the speed of the charging, just the sensitivity to activate. Also does not seem to be nearly as sensitive to placement on the pad. Both my Note 9 and S9+ are picky and if I'm not careful to make sure they are centered on the charger they either won't engage or stop which is annoying.

shollywood

Aug 5, 2008
I want to love my new s10+, but I'm not feeling it yet, the fingerprint sensor is not as reliable as my old s9 or my wifes s10e, and the battery is draining faster then my s9+, on the plus side it has double tap tap to wake, which was one if my favourite features on the LG g4 back in 2015
Hoping it grows on me

Feeling the same way. I think it goes back next week! I've lost 15% battery in an hour and all I've done is read on these forums. Absolutely terrible!

AntonyW999

Aug 6, 2017
Why did you do it Samsung?

Absolutely superb phone severely crippled by the worst implementation of an in screen fingerprint sensor yet. I got 100% success rate on my OnePlus 6T and about 95% on the Huawaei Mate 20 Pro. I was getting around 50% before the update on the S10+ which has now gone up to around 70%. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to it either. I can put the same finger in exactly the same place and get different results. Sometimes the lightest touch unlocks it, other times I have to carefully place my finger completely flat exactly covering the sensor and frequently it will just keep telling me to press harder. I love the rest of the phone but I'm not sure I can live with this sensor.

JeyTruth

Mar 4, 2014
plus.google.com
Hoping it grows on me
Have you recieved the new fingerprint update? Makes the experience so much better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Luciano2901

Aug 28, 2016
Guayaquil
I first bought the normal S10, and then I switched to the S10 + but since the May update the fingerprint sensor was damaged. I wrote to Samsung Members they told me that with the new update the problem was solved but today I update it and it keeps the problem.

info4cell

Jun 4, 2019
I love Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus works by Exynos 9825 (7 nm) - EMEA / LATAM and Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 Plus (7 nm) - Processor USA / China.

The size of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is 6.8 inches, 115.4 cm2 (about 92.2% screen to body ratio) and 1440 × 3040 pixels, 19: 9 (495 dpi).

The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla glass and HDR10 + and always feature display. The smartphone is equipped with a non-removable Li-Ion 4300 mAh battery.

Sensors include Iris scanner, fingerprint (under screen), accelerometer, rotation, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate and SpO2.

The smartphone is 162.3 x 77.1 x 7.9 mm (6.39 x 3.04 x 0.31 inches) and weighs 198 grams (6.98 ounces) with the battery.

felipy2k

Mar 30, 2018
Anyone from US could please tell me where to find Best s10 plus deal? I will travel to Orlando this month with my family and I was looking at Best buy ...599 unlocked with activation ... now dunno why 969!!! why Galaxy phones are so expensive over there !

My Next Stint with Samsung: Going Great!

Around this time last month my Annual Upgrade was available on my old EE Max Plan with my P20 Pro, i was tempted to wait it out for the Note 10 but decided against it and went with the S10+ instead

In general, Amazing Phone, Exynos SoC's aren't as garbage as they used to be which is great, Camera System is awesome, though i do miss the P20 pro's dedicated monochrome sensor, not the end of the world, the Monochrome Filter is pretty good.

Honestly, OneUI is amazing, its such a change from the old Touchwiz Skins of old, yes it is still a bit bloated but Nowhere as bad as Touchwiz was and a lot of Sammy's Bloat apps are optional now like Samsung Internet and Samsung Pay (Which i cant use because they don't Support Metro Bank like Google Pay Does) and Samsung Good Lock allows you to further tweak OneUI to get it how you want it to look, which is really nice!

Obviously the "big" drawback of the Exynos9820 is the 4G idle battery drain, which i can't account for how bad it was when the phone launched, but from what i've read its not nearly as bad as it used to be.
but then again i can unlock the bootloader so i guess that's nice

overall a great phone so far, and looking forward to spending the next couple of years with it, and many years after that.

DaTrueDave

Apr 13, 2011
Everything about the phone is great, but the horrible fingerprint reader makes me hate the phone. Why isn't there a category for the fingerprint reader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why did you do it Samsung?

Absolutely superb phone severely crippled by the worst implementation of an in screen fingerprint sensor yet. I got 100% success rate on my OnePlus 6T and about 95% on the Huawaei Mate 20 Pro. I was getting around 50% before the update on the S10+ which has now gone up to around 70%. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to it either. I can put the same finger in exactly the same place and get different results. Sometimes the lightest touch unlocks it, other times I have to carefully place my finger completely flat exactly covering the sensor and frequently it will just keep telling me to press harder. I love the rest of the phone but I'm not sure I can live with this sensor.
    if you have good bandwith, grab this video with tubemate in 2160p 60fps and watch this video with the samsung player.

https://youtu.be/LXb3EKWsInQ

the image quality is just awesome!
    you can zoom in and jump without any delay. Thats so ****ing crazy what a small smartphone can do in these days!
    Coming from a Pixel 3xl nightmare to the new Galaxy is a night and day experience.

The cutout is pretty minimal. I don't mind it at all and prefer it to the notch. I also really love the screen. For my older eyes it is really clear and vibrant. Amoled just keeps getting better. The screen is pretty much the entire face of the phone. Pretty impressive and much better solution than a pop up camera.

Battery life seems good, speakers are loud but tinny. They are stereo but most of the sound comes from the bottom firing speaker.

Haven't tried cameras yet.

So far initial impressions are very good. Very fast and responsive except the boot up time. One UI slows things down.

Otherwise this phone is one of the best from Samsung in a while. Build quality is also very good.

The galaxy buds are not a gimmick. I have tried other airpod knock offs and they are okay or terrible. These have impressive dynamic range and decent bass. They fit really well in my ear. I don't like bluetooth or earbuds but I have to admit I like these a lot. Would I pay $129-probably not but I would pay closer to $100. They are really nice to have for free.

When you think about what you get and the trade in offers it makes it pretty hard to say no!

If you can still get the preorder and free Galaxy buds or gift card and do the trade in it is hard not to recommend. It is really feels and performs like a premium device and I don't mean that in a bragging way but to say when you hold it, you can see the attention to detail that went into it and it feels impressive.
    This is over all, simply the best smartphone ever made. I got mine on the 6th, and have been infatuated with it ever since.
    When I unboxed my Prism White S10+, I wasn't impressed. Coming from a ceramic Mi Mix 2S, the S10 didn't feel more premium than my Mi Mix. The camera also wasn't that great, and the phone was actually slightly slower than my Mi Mix 2S running on the very fast MIUI. However, after a full day of using the S10+, my mind changed. At first I was ready to return the phone and get a Mi 9 or P30 Pro instead, but now I'm definitely keeping it. The display, the battery, the headphone jack, the galaxy buds, the design..... absolutely love it, already.