[Request] Remove recent apps from notification bar

Search This thread

constantschange

Jan 2, 2011
Hey guys.

Wanted to see if anyone could figure out a way to remove the recent apps from the notification pull down menu. It's not a huge annoyance, but it takes up a lot of space and I never use it (usually cos I forget it's there).

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything relevant to the Inspire.

Would be much appreciated :)

Also, I do understand that the various power notification mods out there give you the option to remove/add the recent apps, but I prefer the nice sense power widgets :) What can I say, I'm a sucker for sense.

winsettr

Oct 26, 2010
This involves modifying the Sense framework, which can only be done if rooted...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

di11igaf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 6, 2010
East Coast
Why prefer sense power widgets when to turn WiFi on when your in the browser for example, you have to exit to home screen, open settings, select wireless and network, etc...-then go back to what you were doing. Or just pull notification bar down where ever you are and press 1 button?
Just wondering.

Last edited:

Demented71

Sep 5, 2010
Philadelphia
Why prefer sense power widgets when to turn WiFi on when your in the browser for example, you have to exit to home screen, open settings, select wireless and network, etc...-then go back to what you were doing. Or just pull notification bar down where ever you are and press 1 button?
Just wondering.

I think he's talking about the 'recently used apps', not the toggles.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I too support this. Cos long press on home anyways brings up the recent apps.

By the way, if u use GingerBeast by dilli, u won't have have these. And u won't have sense either.